Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 2nd 2013 new

laughing laughing I do too for the most part. This whole CM forums is so addictive!

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: I know you're kidding.... otherwise I'd call you a gross creepy old ...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

I know you're kidding.... otherwise I'd call you a gross creepy old man!

Man, my Southern charm is lacking!!!!

--hide--

maybe i am a gross creepy old man. wink

southern charm . . . now there's an oxymoron! southern louisiana is the only place in the south i'd ever consider living. the rest of the southeast is a calvinist wasteland.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: I'll stop wearing pants when the Pope forbids priests from wearing long vestment...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

I'll stop wearing pants when the Pope forbids priests from wearing long vestments and cassocks, when Scots abandon their kilts, and when men in the Middle East stop wearing their own flowing dress-like garments.

I believe in modesty and strive to always dress in a modest way, but honestly, I draw the line at the credibility of the "women can't wear pants" argument made in this day and age and increasingly globally-aware world. If that's what someone chooses for themselves, okay, but I don't buy it as a universally applicable objective standard that must be accepted by all. Just my . Universally applicable objective standards that are forever frozen in time are hard to come by.

--hide--

Please, Laura, keep your pants on!!!!! laughing It definitely helps with chastity, trust me! laughing wink

Jan 2nd 2013 new

Well hopefully Tara the Vikes will be on your turf, but I am not holding my breath. As long as I have been alive, I think they have never made it sad

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: I know you're kidding.... otherwise I'd call you a gross creepy old man! Man, my So...

I know you're kidding.... otherwise I'd call you a gross creepy old man!

Man, my Southern charm is lacking!!!!

--hide--

Come on, Tara. . . with a name like that? ALL you belles are alike. . . you wear, for a casual spring birthday party, maroon velvet with ostrich plumes and a very open neckline. . . so everyone turns to stare at the lady in red. . . LOL

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Awww... I feel like I'm in a battle and need to get on the "neutral...

Awww... I feel like I'm in a battle and need to get on the "neutral ground"... (New Orleans shout-out, anyone?) I think Brian had good intentions. I really do. When people get defensive, though, things can get heated.

Let's just all take a time out and laugh about the Saints season and the fact that they won't be in the Super Bowl this year even though we're hosting it.

Oh wait, now I'm depressed.

--hide--

Now the real question is...When are we going to see you with a sack on your head. laughing When I lived in New Orleans in the 60s, Saints fans were loyal but unknown because of those sacks. wide eyed I remember seeing them everywhere. wave

- Elizabeth

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Please, Laura, keep your pants on!!!!! It definitely helps with chastity, tr...

Please, Laura, keep your pants on!!!!! It definitely helps with chastity, trust me!

--hide--

Bwahahahaha! laughing laughing laughing

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Brian, after rethinking your rantings and the picture you used for your profile,...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Brian, after rethinking your rantings and the picture you used for your profile, I've come to the conclusion that if one of my daughters or nieces brought home a copy of this thread with your less than appropriate picture and holier than thou rantings, my advice to them would be to leave the Catholic Taliban for some other poor soul to suffer through life with and search for a man who may have some of the same view points of propriety that you have, but more humility and people skills.

You might want to rethink your approach to wife hunting and consider using more honey and less vinegar.

- Elizabeth

--hide--

clap

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: Livia...then I assume you drink quite often, or am I mistaken? the phras...
(Quote) Brian-144650 said:

Livia...then I assume you drink quite often, or am I mistaken?

the phrase showing a tiny bit of skin, should, alarm you. Why not show more of your soul/personality off, leave the skin for marriage?

Any, yes women DO go to bars to meet men, plain and simple. Hence why there are a bunch of guys at bars and they have ladies nights, to get ladies there to attract more men. and how are you to tell who are the 'catholic' women at the bar and who are not? do you wear a sign, catholic woman here, hands off guys?

--hide--

I find it bizzare that you're complaining about how women present themselves but you don't seem to give any thought to how you're presenting yourself. You come across as arrogant, angry towards women, and disrespectful towards your fellow Catholics. None of those make you look like desirable husband material.

My comment about drinking and showing a tiny bit of skin has to do with exaggeration...you are exaggerating, quite a bit. I've seen some Catholic guys complain about a woman showing her knees or shoulders, and it makes it seem like any woman who isn't covered from head to foot is some kind of slut. If a woman wants to give another woman pointers about how she might be attracting the wrong kind of attention, that's one thing, but women usually understand that this is the kind of exchange that happens between close friends or family members or simply out of an act of charity and goodwill. A man calling out a whole group of women on a Catholic website and using angry and denigrating language is a whole other ballgame, and I'm kind of shocked to see approval from some of the women here.

As for pictures, I guess I never make the assumption that a person's life is always caught on film. I don't like having to take pictures every time I do something--I'd rather just enjoy the occasion. If I see a guy's profile and he only has a few pictures or some that are similar, I assume that he doesn't have time to sit around taking pictures of himself all the time. If I want to know the kind stuff he does, talking to him is the best way to do that. (And obviously, there are plenty of places in the profile where activities and interests are mentioned.)

I guess in the age of social media it's easy to fall into the trap that your online profile is the most accurate representation of who you are.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I always make sure my cricifix is showing when I go to the bar. I get a lot of compliments on it f...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

I always make sure my cricifix is showing when I go to the bar. I get a lot of compliments on it from the guys. We usually talk about religion and I get high-5s for being a virgin :)

--hide--

I often end up talking about religion in bars too. It scares away those with bad intentions. laughing Honestly, though, I generally just talk to my friends.

Posts 171 - 180 of 196