Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: Exactly, Tara.
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

Exactly, Tara.

--hide--

Well, thanks! I really have thought about both sides of this.

When I see women dressed "trashily" (I coined this word!), I am like, "You've got to be kidding me. You're gross." Now, showing off your features and such in a modest way, that's fine.

And, for the guys who want to see the "trashily" dressed women, well, go ahead. Now I know for sure that I don't want you. lol I'm way out of your league. wink

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Livia-407406 said: So I just took a look through my pictures and realized I have three of me in a bar/pub, one holdi...
(Quote) Livia-407406 said:

So I just took a look through my pictures and realized I have three of me in a bar/pub, one holding a beer, one in a vineyard, two at a brewery, and two from New Year's Eve while out with a friend.

To which I can only say...God, please spare me the misfortune of ending up with a man who flies into a rage at the sight of a woman holding a drink or showing a tiny bit of skin. Life is too short.

Oh, and you should NEVER assume that a Catholic girl at a bar is there to "meet guys." (By which I assume you mean one to go home with?) That is an apalling rash judgement to make about your sisters in Christ. I certainly would never make such a vulgar assumption about the Catholic men I know, many of whom enjoy an evening out at their local watering hole on a regular basis.

--hide--

Livia...then I assume you drink quite often, or am I mistaken?

the phrase showing a tiny bit of skin, should, alarm you. Why not show more of your soul/personality off, leave the skin for marriage?

Any, yes women DO go to bars to meet men, plain and simple. Hence why there are a bunch of guys at bars and they have ladies nights, to get ladies there to attract more men. and how are you to tell who are the 'catholic' women at the bar and who are not? do you wear a sign, catholic woman here, hands off guys?

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Jenna-926175 said: I don't know what you consider revealing, but modesty is different for every person and cultu...
(Quote) Jenna-926175 said:

I don't know what you consider revealing, but modesty is different for every person and culture. If you live in a really southern or tropical climate you might be showing some more skin than those living in the Midwest or up North because it gets to be 100 degrees down here!!! Some men don't mind their significant other wearing more "pop"ish clothes. My advice would be, to realize that this is something you really value and not approach these women. If you have dated women in the past who dressed similarly and had a bad experience or what not, I would just avoid approaching these women.

--hide--

temperature is an excuse, not true, they make different fabrics for warmer climates, and lighter colors

01/01/2013 new

perfectionisnthappy.files.wordpress.com

bridesmaids dresses, immodest or not?

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: (Quote) Jenna-926175 said: I don't know what you consider revealing, b...
(Quote) Brian-144650 said:

Quote:
Jenna-926175 said:

I don't know what you consider revealing, but modesty is different for every person and culture. If you live in a really southern or tropical climate you might be showing some more skin than those living in the Midwest or up North because it gets to be 100 degrees down here!!! Some men don't mind their significant other wearing more "pop"ish clothes. My advice would be, to realize that this is something you really value and not approach these women. If you have dated women in the past who dressed similarly and had a bad experience or what not, I would just avoid approaching these women.

temperature is an excuse, not true, they make different fabrics for warmer climates, and lighter colors

--hide--

As we say here in the HOT South. TRUE DAT.

Okay, so it's 98 degrees in New Orleans and so humid that my hair looks like I never touched it! What am I wearing, a short-sleeved or sleeveless (not meaning spaghetti straps) top, cute Bermuda's from J. Crew, and flip flops. biggrin

Need to dress it up? Well, there are cute dresses (even Target (yes, Target!) has some that are modest. Just cover up the boobs and upper thighs, and you're probably fine.

I work in a school. When it's hot, the women do have it easier; they can wear short sleeves or sleeveless (as long as it's touching the edge of the shoulder), capri's, skirts, sandals, etc. But the men? They are wearing the long-sleeved dress shirts, pants, and dress shoes. In a more relaxed school setting, maybe a short-sleeved polo, but still, they still have to wear pants and closed-toe shoes. lol At least we get a little relief from the heat with capri's and sandals.

Plus, we look MUCH cuter. wink

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: Livia...then I assume you drink quite often, or am I mistaken? the phras...
(Quote) Brian-144650 said:

Livia...then I assume you drink quite often, or am I mistaken?

the phrase showing a tiny bit of skin, should, alarm you. Why not show more of your soul/personality off, leave the skin for marriage?

Any, yes women DO go to bars to meet men, plain and simple. Hence why there are a bunch of guys at bars and they have ladies nights, to get ladies there to attract more men. and how are you to tell who are the 'catholic' women at the bar and who are not? do you wear a sign, catholic woman here, hands off guys?

--hide--

Geez Brian...I am already failing at my New Year's resolution of patience with those who drive me nuts. I've read this stuff you have written and the following words come to mind, "Judge not for you shall be judged." If you don't like what you see, move on. Let God take care of the rest.

- Elizbeth

PS OK now I am going to start working on that patience thing.

01/01/2013 new

I always make sure my cricifix is showing when I go to the bar. I get a lot of compliments on it from the guys. We usually talk about religion and I get high-5s for being a virgin :)

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Geez Brian...I am already failing at my New Year's resolution of patience wi...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Geez Brian...I am already failing at my New Year's resolution of patience with those who drive me nuts. I've read this stuff you have written and the following words come to mind, "Judge not for you shall be judged." If you don't like what you see, move on. Let God take care of the rest.

- Elizbeth

PS OK now I am going to start working on that patience thing.

--hide--

The OP and first reply told me exactly what this thread was about and how it was likely to go the further along it went.

I hate it when I'm right! rolling eyes

theheart

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: The OP and first reply told me exactly what this thread was about and how it was li...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

The OP and first reply told me exactly what this thread was about and how it was likely to go the further along it went.

I hate it when I'm right!

--hide--

Yet, you're hiding... lol What happened to the pic? Trying to be anonymous? lol

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Yet, you're hiding... lol What happened to the pic? Trying to be anonymo...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Yet, you're hiding... lol What happened to the pic? Trying to be anonymous? lol

--hide--

I have my reasons. I'm not hiding. I no longer have a need for a profile pic. That, and everyone already knows what I look lke anyway. tongue

theheart

Posts 61 - 70 of 196