Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: The OP and first reply told me exactly what this thread was about and how it was li...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

The OP and first reply told me exactly what this thread was about and how it was likely to go the further along it went.

I hate it when I'm right!

--hide--

Now, come on, Victor...we all know you love it when you are right. wide eyed rolling eyes

- Elizabeth

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Now, come on, Victor...we all know you love it when you are right. - ...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Now, come on, Victor...we all know you love it when you are right.

- Elizabeth

--hide--

You'd be surprised to know how many times I've posted a comment in this fora hoping I would be proven wrong! Sadly, not nearly enough times.

theheart

01/01/2013 new

I guess I'm really try to ask what you mean by dressing provocatively. Some people find that women wearing shorts above the knee scandalous. I dress modestly in my opinion but it varies among people. It also varies on body type. On very petite thin women above the knee skirts don't always look immodest. Personally I don't wear skirts above the knee because on me it would be immodest. Now obviously low cut tops and push up bras are clearly not modest!

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: perfectionisnthappy.files.wordpress.com bridesmaids dress...
(Quote) Brian-144650 said:

perfectionisnthappy.files.wordpress.com

bridesmaids dresses, immodest or not?

--hide--

immodest... in my opinion... but with a cute shawl.... definitely could be made modest!!!

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: You'd be surprised to know how many times I've posted a comment in this for...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

You'd be surprised to know how many times I've posted a comment in this fora hoping I would be proven wrong! Sadly, not nearly enough times.

--hide--

Drama makes the world go round.... lil mikie

01/01/2013 new
I worked as an assistant wedding coordinator for a while.... We required solid shawls or shrugs if the wedding party was wearing anything thinner than 2inch straps... This picture is one thing I would bring up to brides as an example of why we required covers... Especially if they didn't "get" modesty. Do you want a naked wedding? That's what shows in the pictures! And fashion-wise... Very few women look good in strapless dresses... Very few have the figure to wear them.
01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Jenna-926175 said: I guess I'm really try to ask what you mean by dressing provocatively. Some people find that ...
(Quote) Jenna-926175 said:

I guess I'm really try to ask what you mean by dressing provocatively. Some people find that women wearing shorts above the knee scandalous. I dress modestly in my opinion but it varies among people. It also varies on body type. On very petite thin women above the knee skirts don't always look immodest. Personally I don't wear skirts above the knee because on me it would be immodest. Now obviously low cut tops and push up bras are clearly not modest!

--hide--

We're not Amish (no offense)... I think this is more about the boobs, tummys, upper thighs, and buttcheeks! Sorry to be so blunt.

01/01/2013 new
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: I worked as an assistant wedding coordinator for a while.... We required solid shawls or shrugs if the wedding par...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: I worked as an assistant wedding coordinator for a while.... We required solid shawls or shrugs if the wedding party was wearing anything thinner than 2inch straps... This picture is one thing I would bring up to brides as an example of why we required covers... Especially if they didn't "get" modesty. Do you want a naked wedding? That's what shows in the pictures! And fashion-wise... Very few women look good in strapless dresses... Very few have the figure to wear them.
--hide--
Oops... A reply to the web link...
01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: We're not Amish (no offense)... I think this is more about the boobs, tu...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

We're not Amish (no offense)... I think this is more about the boobs, tummys, upper thighs, and buttcheeks! Sorry to be so blunt.

--hide--

haha... if only we WERE Amish.... how much less of a grey area would there be!!!!! Then we could debate REAL issues... like who has the best livestock or knitting needles! (no offense) wink

01/01/2013 new
(Quote) Emily-380294 said: haha... if only we WERE Amish.... how much less of a grey area would there be!!!!! Then we could de...
(Quote) Emily-380294 said:

haha... if only we WERE Amish.... how much less of a grey area would there be!!!!! Then we could debate REAL issues... like who has the best livestock or knitting needles! (no offense)

--hide--
Lol!!!!
Posts 71 - 80 of 196