Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: And deprive all you lovely ladies of your grand wedding gowns?
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

And deprive all you lovely ladies of your grand wedding gowns?

--hide--

While I am definitely the first to say I love wedding dresses, I would gladly trade that and all the other material accessories (even the necessary ones) for the purity and simplicity of God's original plan.

Jan 1st 2013 new

I don't think strapless dresses are neccessarily immodest. I'm a bridesmaid for my friend's(a Catholic btw) wedding and we have a one shoulder dress which just hits the knee. The wedding will be in July and I think the dress looks modest. My friend's wedding dress is strapless but it is not revealing. I think strapless looks can be very classy. It's all in how you wear the outfit. A tee shirt and jeans look can be very promiscous if done in a certain way.

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: But no Jesus! " oh happy fault!"
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: But no Jesus! " oh happy fault!"
--hide--

We would still have Jesus, though He wouldn't have had to become man and die for us...though God knew that all of this would happen eventually so it must be better this way! Praying

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: We're not Amish (no offense)... I think this is more about the boobs, tummys, upper thighs, an...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

We're not Amish (no offense)... I think this is more about the boobs, tummys, upper thighs, and buttcheeks! Sorry to be so blunt.

--hide--

The implication being there is something wrong with the way the Amish dress? What would that be, in your opinion?

Jan 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Jenna-926175 said: I don't think strapless dresses are neccessarily immodest. I'm a bridesmaid for my friend's(a Catho...
(Quote) Jenna-926175 said:

I don't think strapless dresses are neccessarily immodest. I'm a bridesmaid for my friend's(a Catholic btw) wedding and we have a one shoulder dress which just hits the knee. The wedding will be in July and I think the dress looks modest. My friend's wedding dress is strapless but it is not revealing. I think strapless looks can be very classy. It's all in how you wear the outfit. A tee shirt and jeans look can be very promiscous if done in a certain way.

--hide--
Perhaps I am from a more traditional parish... I know I'm opening myself up to crucifixion... But... If you're in Church a woman should be covered shoulders close to knees. Yes, jeans and tshirt can be. I am sharing my experience as a wedding coordinator... Strapless can look good on women of a certain body type... But not on most... They seem to only look good on ( and look modest on) very thin, small chested women...
Jan 1st 2013 new

I think being modest is the best thing for use women. I know I am really cautious of what photos I put anywhere and if people tag me in photos on facebook, I delete them if they have me at a bar or anything like that. I don't drink that much, but I have my ocassional drinks but not that much though. I do this because I don't want people to think of me as a drinker and if I want to get a potential job then that could lose it for me. modesty is the key I think to all.

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Jenna-926175 said: I don't think strapless dresses are neccessarily immodest. I'm a bridesmaid for my friend's(a Ca...
(Quote) Jenna-926175 said:

--hide--

Jenna, I went to a wedding once, a Catholic wedding, where all the bridesmaids were wearing strapless dresses that were quite tasteful and pretty. However, when they sat down, no cloth came above the pew so the front row was full of the shoulders of naked women. weeping It looked like they were all naked...and since the entire congregation is sitting behind them, thats what the 300 people at the wedding saw.

That said, I hate modesty discussions...not becuase modesty in dress is not a virtue very close to my heart, for it is in actually one that I try to practice daily...but because I am never able to communicate effectively to another the reason for my thoughts on the subject. It seems to be one of those issues where most of us think we have it right, and we don't want anyone else's opinion (myself included...I'm not picking on Jenna here)

vulcan

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Do you want a naked wedding?
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Do you want a naked wedding?
--hide--

Like a Betazoid wedding? (Star Trek reference...any Trekkies out there? vulcan )

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: The implication being there is something wrong with the way the Amish dress? What would t...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

The implication being there is something wrong with the way the Amish dress? What would that be, in your opinion?

--hide--

Not sure if that's what she was implying, but there is something wrong with the way they dress. Modesty is a virtue, to be sure, undervalued and underpracticed by many who hold our Faith. However, I do not believe in sacrificing beauty for modesty. I think they can live in harmony with no room for frumpishness. If one's body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and is also made in the image and likeness of God, then hadn't we dress it in a respectful and reverent way? Not to hide it from all, but to dress in a way that brings glory to God and is attractive and tasteful? I see myself as the crown of God's creation, and I strive to get that across in my daily dress and carraige.

I think we've got an obligation to dress well.

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Javier-170219 said:Like a Betazoid wedding? (Star Trek reference...any Trekkies out there? )
(Quote) Javier-170219 said:

Like a Betazoid wedding? (Star Trek reference...any Trekkies out there? )

--hide--

Ah yes...they are, afterall, the most beautiful ceremony in the galaxy!

Posts 91 - 100 of 196