Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 2nd 2013 new

Last semester I had to do a personality test for one of my classes & we had to figure out how to use it to understand how people sees us. It was pretty cool to do because it was a bit different from other tests I've taken in the past.

My colour was Green / Supporter. ~Insights-Discovery

I searched the equivalent comparison to MBTI and according to what I see in this site I'm very close to INFP. However, I've noticed it changes on where I am in my life from the results I've gotten from previous personality tests. So far the one I've taken for my program is the closest one to myself at this moment.

www.inside-inspiration.com.au

Jan 5th 2013 new

Maybe this is why I'm still single... because i don't know WHAT personality I am... haha. Took two different tests and got two different results. I am definitely an introvert and a feeler though. But Myers and Briggs aren't sure if my other two preferences are intuition/sensation or Judging/perceiving. Each only had a 1% preference differential. Interesting!

ps. People can't seem to wrap their heads around an outgoing introvert. I'm definitely outgoing (like to be around people... get along socially invididually and in group settings, am a great communicater) ... but when it comes to recharging my batteries... BOY do i need a night in!!!!

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Emily-380294 said: Maybe this is why I'm still single... because i don't know WHAT personality I am... haha....
(Quote) Emily-380294 said:

Maybe this is why I'm still single... because i don't know WHAT personality I am... haha. Took two different tests and got two different results. I am definitely an introvert and a feeler though. But Myers and Briggs aren't sure if my other two preferences are intuition/sensation or Judging/perceiving. Each only had a 1% preference differential. Interesting!

ps. People can't seem to wrap their heads around an outgoing introvert. I'm definitely outgoing (like to be around people... get along socially invididually and in group settings, am a great communicater) ... but when it comes to recharging my batteries... BOY do i need a night in!!!!

--hide--

Emily, I can understand what you mean. Introvert does NOT mean anti-social. Sometimes people are shocked when I tell them I'm an introvert. As a teacher, especially as a teacher to international students learning English, I have to be uber-friendly, outgoing and engaging in my classroom and around campus. I've spoken in front of all sorts of audiences, run huge projects, been interviewed on television, performed in various dance benefits for charity with my flamenco group, etc. But that is my public self, and I do a lot of these things because they have to be done. I tell people I am an extrovert/outgoing by necessity, but my core is still a definite introvert. I share my true feelings and thoughts with a much smaller circle, and multiple large social engagements without a bit of quiet can leave me exhausted and cranky.

Jan 8th 2013 new

Personalities should change. Ideally, we should be a perfect mix of all personality types - this would indicate control of the problem aspects of the personalities and growth in the good parts. E.g. a phlegmatic would want to avoid the laziness vice and try to work on being more enthusiastic and hard working like a choloric. The latter would want to work on controlling his temper like the former.

You're doing well, Laura, if you've succeeded well enough that people are not sure what your personality type is. Good job!

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: Emily, I can understand what you mean. Introvert does NOT mean anti-social. Sometimes people ...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

Emily, I can understand what you mean. Introvert does NOT mean anti-social. Sometimes people are shocked when I tell them I'm an introvert. As a teacher, especially as a teacher to international students learning English, I have to be uber-friendly, outgoing and engaging in my classroom and around campus. I've spoken in front of all sorts of audiences, run huge projects, been interviewed on television, performed in various dance benefits for charity with my flamenco group, etc. But that is my public self, and I do a lot of these things because they have to be done. I tell people I am an extrovert/outgoing by necessity, but my core is still a definite introvert. I share my true feelings and thoughts with a much smaller circle, and multiple large social engagements without a bit of quiet can leave me exhausted and cranky.

--hide--

Jan 8th 2013 new

The more you analyze your personality types you'll notice that you're a unique individual. By nature I'm considered and judged as being an introvert and sometimes mistaken too for being less sociable (outgoing). However, my extrovert side shine when I need it and people sometimes are surprised smile. I believe having an emotional balance is healthy regardless of what kind of results you get from personality tests you've taken.

Posts 41 - 45 of 45