Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Mar 27th 2013 new
(Quote) Tom-925515 said: Hi everyone I recently was messaged by a younger woman that seemed very interesting educated,pretty,devote etc,she q...
(Quote) Tom-925515 said: Hi everyone I recently was messaged by a younger woman that seemed very interesting educated,pretty,devote etc,she questioned me about the possibility of having children she had never had any

This was after 2 weeks of talking etc when I said that I would be open to the idea,she just dropped out of SITE?What did I say that was wrong I thought about it alot before responding to her question maybe to long?Still wondering
--hide--

I don't think you said anything wrong. Really,she is the only one who can answer this, the rest of us will be guessing. Sorry this happened to you.
Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: If the purpose of a Catholic marriage, as a unique union between man and woman, is for the propag...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

If the purpose of a Catholic marriage, as a unique union between man and woman, is for the propagation of the human family and the upbringing of children, where does that leave those of us past childbearing years? Is marriage encouraged or are we called to serve in a different way?

--hide--

There is nothing wrong with getting married. In fract it is still a strength for society. MArriage is a social strength that brings gifts to society.

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: This question has been asked several times before in the Forums and it always amazes me that anyon...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

This question has been asked several times before in the Forums and it always amazes me that anyone would even need to ask it. Does not our church encourage a marital relationship? Does it not also require a covenant between men and women who fall in love and want to be ' joined together'? We are asked to be open to children but nowhere is there a guarantee that children will be borne from a marriage no matter the ages of the married couple. Do people think that we are just to give up thoughts of being part of a couple just because there is a physical impossibility to bear children in the marriage?

--hide--

I agree. Marriage was ordained by God. He said it was Good. All is well. I still hope for it theheart and woudl gladly serve and help my husband.

Mar 29th 2013 new

Maybe she just got scared. Try again.

Mar 30th 2013 new

I don't think when a couple is beyond child bearing age that the church or Christ would ban them from the ultimate act of love. That is total sharing with each other in all ways

Mar 30th 2013 new

I don't think when a couple is beyond child bearing age that the church or Christ would ban them from the ultimate act of love. That is total sharing with each other in all ways

Apr 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Your definition is incomplete. Marriage has as its other purpose the mutual good of both parties. ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Your definition is incomplete. Marriage has as its other purpose the mutual good of both parties.

"Unitive AND procreative".

--hide--

Yes, that is what I always understood...the sanctification of each other in addition to procreation, if that is given by God.
Apr 7th 2013 new
Sorry to get in your group but the topic is quite interesting for me as I cannot have anymore children due to a medical condition. I've found my answer through a lot of praying (it could be wrong of course) but I want to share it with you: propagation of life is not only to bring a new child to this world, it is also for life itself; keeping a marriage alive for example... So, it makes sense trust God, nothing is impossible... Long life and descendants are God blessings, not purposes of marriage... My humble opinion.
Posts 51 - 58 of 58