Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Jan 7th 2013 new

As we move into the playoffs i am reminded of games and plays. In 1992 when we had a (young) Dallas Cowboy football team....the team flew to San Francisco where we would face a mighty 49er football team in the NFC Championship game. They were led by Steve Young, Jerry Rice Roger Craig and others. (I believe the 49ers were 14-2 that year!) Many thought the Cowboys had no chance. But the Cowboys ALREADY had "swagger" They didn't know they were supposed to lose! In fact, when Jimmy Johnson and company arrived he was interviewed. San Francisco had had some "quakes" that day and the one before. He was asked about the quakes and if they scared him or the team for that matter. He said, "Quakes? I thought it was the Dallas Cowboys arriving!" Our defensive coordinator Dave Wannstedt; a man I've always respected had told Johnson and Norv Turner our offensive coordinator that..."If you/we can score more than 20 points....we'll win. Because the 49ers WILL NOT score any more than that" A bold statement in itself! The field of play was in DREADFUL shape with loose sod in certain quadrants of the field. The young Cowboys played the heavily favored 49er squad to a "deadlock" at half-time, 10-10. The Cowboys used this loose sod to their advantage instead of worrying about it. Norv Turner might be viewed as a mediocre head coach...but as an offensive coordinator...I don't think they come much better. In the second half when the Cowboys set up with a first down.....the 49ers thought since we had used our star running back Emmitt Smith much....throughout the game that we would run the ball. Instead our wide receiver Alvin Harper was instructed to make a "cut" 15 yards downfield right where the loose sod was. The 49er defender slipped and fell on the play and it went for some 75 yards....not quite a score. But turned out to be the play that "broke the backs" of the stunned 49ers! We scored WITH Smith after that....and the Cowboys celebrated with a 30-20 (didn't give them more than 20!) win. This was one great championship game! An era of the Dallas Cowboys I won't ever forget.......The problem is....it was SO LONG ago! Oh well....the memories are great!

Jan 7th 2013 new

SCOREBOARD UPDATE:WILD CARD ROUND

Jerry.......12 (4 wins).

Leon........9 (3 wins).

Ed...........9 (3 wins).

Gerard.....6 (2 wins).

Linda.......3 (1 win).

Edward....3 (1 win).

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) ed-925050 said: AFC Divisional Round

(Quote) ed-925050 said:

AFC Divisional Round

Broncos over Ravens

Patriots over Texans

NFC Divisional Round

49ers over Packers

Seahawks over Falcons (going with my heart over my head here....)

--hide--

Ed,

Good luck,with your picks.

Jan 8th 2013 new

AFC Divisional Round

Broncos over Ravens (Ravens luck runs out. Mr Manning is just to strong)

Patriots over Texans (Sorry Leon...though I think they'll play them closer this time)

NFC Divisional Round

Packers over 49ers (the Pack is "peaking" at the right time)

Seahawks over Falcons (the week off could have hurt rather than helped the Falcons)

Jan 8th 2013 new

Welcome everyone to Week 2 of the playoffs. In the opening weekend, I was 3 - 1 losing the Seahawks - Redskins game.

My Divisional picks follow:

As always, home teams in bold:

Saturday Afternoon

Broncos over the Ravens (I feel Peyton will be too much for the Ravens defense)

Saturday Evening

Packers over the 49ers (I am depending on Aaron Rogers having a great day passing)

Sunday Afternoon

Seahawks over the Falcons (I feel Seahawks offense will overwhelm Falcon's defense)

Texans over the Patriots (I just can't pick against my Texans)

Best wishes to all in your picks.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Jan 8th 2013 new
My picks:
Broncos over Ravens
49ers over the Pack
Falcons over Seahawks
Texans over Patriots
Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: AFC Divisional Round Broncos over Ravens (Ravens luck runs out. Mr Mannin...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

AFC Divisional Round

Broncos over Ravens (Ravens luck runs out. Mr Manning is just to strong)

Patriots over Texans (Sorry Leon...though I think they'll play them closer this time)

NFC Divisional Round

Packers over 49ers (the Pack is "peaking" at the right time)

Seahawks over Falcons (the week off could have hurt rather than helped the Falcons)

--hide--

Jerry,

Congratulations on a great job,last week! Good luck with your picks.

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Welcome everyone to Week 2 of the playoffs. In the opening weekend, I was 3 - 1 losing the Seahawk...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Welcome everyone to Week 2 of the playoffs. In the opening weekend, I was 3 - 1 losing the Seahawks - Redskins game.

My Divisional picks follow:

As always, home teams in bold:

Saturday Afternoon

Broncos over the Ravens (I feel Peyton will be too much for the Ravens defense)

Saturday Evening

Packers over the 49ers (I am depending on Aaron Rogers having a great day passing)

Sunday Afternoon

Seahawks over the Falcons (I feel Seahawks offense will overwhelm Falcon's defense)

Texans over the Patriots (I just can't pick against my Texans)

Best wishes to all in your picks.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Leon,

Good luck this week.I hope your team wins...

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: My picks: Broncos over Ravens 49ers over the Pack Falcons over Seahawks Texans over P...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: My picks:
Broncos over Ravens
49ers over the Pack
Falcons over Seahawks
Texans over Patriots
--hide--

Edward,

Thank you for the predictions.

Jan 9th 2013 new

SURVEY QUESTION:COULD YOU HONESTLY ROOT FOR A DIVISIONAL RIVAL,IN THE PLAYOFFS?

As a Viking fan,I would find tremendous difficulty in cheering for a,twice-a-year foe.There are always exceptions(one team in the NFC is my least favorite in the league,and it's NOT a division rival).

It's only natural to cheer on the other team,when they face a divisional opponent.

What do you think?

Posts 31 - 40 of 110