Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Hello to all,Well fellow posters, I did it. Lost all four picks. I want to wish th...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Hello to all,

Well fellow posters, I did it. Lost all four picks.

I want to wish the Patriots and their fans congratulations. On both occasions this season, you proved beyond any doubt, you were the superior team to my Texans.

As we are down to the final four, I might as well make my picks for next Sunday. I can't go anywhere but up. However, after this past weekend, I am not so sure. Anyway, here goes.

As usual, home teams in bold:

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ravens over the Patriots (I feel Ray Lewis has the Ravens believing in themselves. I think the team is playing for him as he enters the last game or possibly the last two of his 17 year great career).

49ers over the Falcons (I don't feel lady luck will be on the Falcons side two weeks in a row)

I wish you all well in your picks.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Leon,

We all have bad weeks.Your Texans were outmatched by the Patriots,just like my Vikings were overwhelmed by the Packers(a week earlier).

Thank you for the picks.I wish you better luck,this week!

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) ed-925050 said: Patriots and Niners.
(Quote) ed-925050 said:

Patriots and Niners.

--hide--

Ed,

Thank you for the picks.

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Leon, I think the Patriots are REALLY playing strong. And they arguably have the best quarterback...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Leon, I think the Patriots are REALLY playing strong. And they arguably have the best quarterback in the league. Brady will pick himself up every time! And he may go down a lot....so....

Patriots over Ravens

The 49ers looked like men against boys last week. I think the FALCON TRAIN will halt right there in Atlanta. Besides....the 49ers in IMHO have a BETTER defense than the Seahawks....and we all saw how close they played Atlanta...so,

49ers over Falcons

--hide--

Jerry,

Thank you for the predictions.I wish you the best of luck!

Jan 14th 2013 new
Going for the home teams .... Falcons and Patriots.
Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Gerard-400247 said: Predictions for the divisional weekend: Broncos over the Ravens,29-24.(Denver has too muc...
(Quote) Gerard-400247 said:

Predictions for the divisional weekend:

Broncos over the Ravens,29-24.(Denver has too much firepower,for a good counter-effort from Baltimore).

49ers over the Packers,28-21.(San Francisco front seven will make life unenviable,for Green Bay).

Falcons over the Seahawks,24-23(Atlanta should find a way,against Seattle).

Patriots over the Texans,34-26.(New England too strong at home and has a blowout win,against Houston).

Notes:

Sorry Leon,although I would like a Texans win,I don't see it against the Patriots.

The Falcons/Seahawks game will probably come down to the last moments.

--hide--
Man! Did you ever have that prediction right about the Seahawks/Falcons game Gerard! I thought they (the Seahawks) had it done!

Jan 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Going for the home teams .... Falcons and Patriots.
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Going for the home teams .... Falcons and Patriots.
--hide--
I would add that right now my rooting interest is with the Falcons, the only one of the four remaining teams that has never won the Super Bowl.
Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Hello to all,Well fellow posters, I did ...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Hello to all,

Well fellow posters, I did it. Lost all four picks.

I want to wish the Patriots and their fans congratulations. On both occasions this season, you proved beyond any doubt, you were the superior team to my Texans.

As we are down to the final four, I might as well make my picks for next Sunday. I can't go anywhere but up. However, after this past weekend, I am not so sure. Anyway, here goes.

As usual, home teams in bold:

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ravens over the Patriots (I feel Ray Lewis has the Ravens believing in themselves. I think the team is playing for him as he enters the last game or possibly the last two of his 17 year great career).

49ers over the Falcons (I don't feel lady luck will be on the Falcons side two weeks in a row)

I wish you all well in your picks.

Blessings,

Leon

Leon, I think the Patriots are REALLY playing strong. And they arguably have the best quarterback in the league. Brady will pick himself up every time! And he may go down a lot....so....

Patriots over Ravens

The 49ers looked like men against boys last week. I think the FALCON TRAIN will halt right there in Atlanta. Besides....the 49ers in IMHO have a BETTER defense than the Seahawks....and we all saw how close they played Atlanta...so,

49ers over Falcons

--hide--

Jerry, you are correct. I feel the Patriots are one of the all-time elite teams in the Tom Brady era. They also have an outstanding head coach and support staff. It all starts at the top with Robert Kraft owner.

In their game Sunday with the Ravens, I picked the Ravens based on a feeling that Ray Lewis has been such a leader since his return and has the team believing they can go all the way. What a career he has enjoyed. Playing 17 years at a linebacking position is almost unbelievable.

In their game with the Patriots, the Texans knew Brady loves to play the hurry up offense and the defense had no clue how to defend it.

Next to the 49ers nine representatives to the Pro Bowl team, the Texans have the second most at eight of which five are starters. Of course, that is based on information as of 01/15/2013.

By the way, QB Matt Schaub is getting fried on the airways in Houston. Some think he should be traded to Dallas for Tony Romo. People feel you will get the same results either way. laughing In my opinion, Schaub is not a Super Bowl QB but in no way should shoulder the total blame for Sunday's performance.

.......but the playoffs move on and I look forward to Sunday's games.

I just saw on the news the beautiful snow on the ground in Dallas. Wish we could get some.

Blessings always my fellow Texan and brother in Christ, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Jan 15th 2013 new

Ok I haven't been on CM much these days and haven't been part of this convo all season so unfurtunately all I have to say is....

LET'S GO PATRIOTS!!!

"LET'S GO PATRIOTS!!!"

Supper bowl here we come.

Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) MaryEllen-298977 said: Ok I haven't been on CM much these days and haven't been part of this convo all seaso...
(Quote) MaryEllen-298977 said:

Ok I haven't been on CM much these days and haven't been part of this convo all season so unfurtunately all I have to say is....

LET'S GO PATRIOTS!!!

"LET'S GO PATRIOTS!!!"

--hide--
Oops that is Super Bowl embarassed embarassed laughing laughing laughing

Jan 15th 2013 new
(Quote) MaryEllen-298977 said: (Quote) MaryEllen-298977 said: Ok I haven't been on CM much these days and haven...
(Quote) MaryEllen-298977 said:

Quote:
MaryEllen-298977 said:

LET'S GO PATRIOTS!!!

"LET'S GO PATRIOTS!!!"

Oops that is Super Bowl

--hide--
Well the Super Bowl is on at supper time on the East Coast. So you can have a supper bowl while you watch the Super Bowl. laughing
Posts 61 - 70 of 110