Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/02/2013 new
Is "rite" a clever pun, or a simple mispelling? wink

If a pun, my answer is Latin...in the Extraordinary Form. tongue
01/02/2013 new
(Quote) Charles-512043 said: Is "rite" a clever pun, or a simple mispelling? If a pun, my answer is Latin...in the Extraord...
(Quote) Charles-512043 said: Is "rite" a clever pun, or a simple mispelling?

If a pun, my answer is Latin...in the Extraordinary Form.
--hide--
Lol! Very nice!
01/02/2013 new

write it down: rite here right now. the time is always wright.

01/02/2013 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: Is "rite" a clever pun, or a simple mispelling? If a pun, my answer is Latin...in th...
(Quote) Charles-512043 said: Is "rite" a clever pun, or a simple mispelling?

If a pun, my answer is Latin...in the Extraordinary Form.
--hide--

It doesn't matter the Rite to me, just so she's the right one. laughing Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all night. Please tip your waiter/waitress.

Actually, I am a bit partial to Maronites, but then again I have a weakness for Lebanese women. *l*

01/02/2013 new

(Quote) Dominica-925884 said:
--hide--
Dominica, many people will say your heart will tell you, but sometimes our hearts overrule our heads. I came across this recently:

The Sunday Visitor’s Catholic Encyclopedia entry on "Love" defines it as:

[A]ny strong affection, closeness, or devotion to things or persons. The Greeks distinguished four types of love: storge, philia, eros, and agape. Storge, familial love, is a word for the bond that exists between one who loves and persons, animals, and the things that surround him. It is compatible with quite a bit of taken-for-grantedness or even of hatred at times. Philia pertains to friends, freely chosen because of mutual compatibility and common values. Eros is passion, not only of a sexual nature, but also of an aesthetic or spiritual nature, for what is conceived of as supremely beautiful and desirable. Agapic love is manifested when one person has much to give to another more needy. It is generous self-donation without concern for reward. 
Such distinctions become especially important in discernments about marriage, because the strength of eros love may blind one to the absence of the types of love needed to experience a good Christian bond that, with God’s grace, can endure "till death do us part."

I'm an old man, but I knew real love once upon a time. I hope a really lucky, good young Catholic man finds you some day soon. theheart

01/03/2013 new

As soon as it happens lovestruck!

01/03/2013 new

Yesterday

01/03/2013 new

--hide--

right now

01/03/2013 new
At my baptism... Getting ready for 30 years of the greatest love of my life and covenant in 9 months during the Year of Faith!!!! Lucky me!!!! Praying a 9 month novena of thanksgiving and making a pilgrimage to my baptismal church! What a great gift of love!!!! Now if I could just find a man and get some Catholic babies... Lol!!!
Posts 1 - 10 of 15