Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 1st 2013 new

Happy New Year to ALL and may 2013 be the year to answer all of your prayers.

My New Years eve was not the best ever. I was home with the flu. I had several phone calls and I did some reflecting of New Years eve past and I have had many wonderful New Years Eve. It is ok to be sad and even to cry if you feel like it.

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Hi Richard, I just saw your new topic and first I would like to wish you a very Happy Ne...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

Hi Richard,

I just saw your new topic and first I would like to wish you a very Happy New Year. I don't know
how long you have been alone on New Year's Eve but I do know that sadness of being without
someone special. I have my sister who lives a couple of towns over and I have my little guy (son
who will always be a child) and am thankful. I was thinking the other day how God puts people in
your way...some step to the side and others won't let you pass. I realize that God doesn't want
us to be all alone and maybe wants us to open our eyes to our surroundings because look at all
we miss by moving out of the way instead of making eye contact.

That is one of my resolutions this year ...to actually get myself out there to see and be seen. What
do you think about that?

Eileen

--hide--

Hi Eileen

That sounds liek a very good plan on your part, to get out and mingle more, to, as you say, "see and be seen" ... I wish that all your wishes do become reality ...

To answer your question, I have been alone on NYE for a very long time ... Sometimes one can feel alone even when surrounded by others .... that's why I feel it's not all the bells/whistles that matter, but what's inside one's heart ,,,

Happy '13 to you!

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Happy New Year, Richard, and to all.
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

Happy New Year, Richard, and to all.

--hide--

HNY to you too, Meg ... May '13 be a great yr for ya!

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I always feel very relieved and happy to welcome a New Year. I know it can be a great start to a ...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

I always feel very relieved and happy to welcome a New Year. I know it can be a great start to a great diet and exercise and new goals in the coming year. I gave up feeling sad about not having someone many years ago. I am relieved about that. I feel Happy to be alive on NYE and I am very excited about the future. It depends on one's perspective. I am not looking outside of myself to someone else to find happiness and that is probably the difference. I know I am responsible in large part for the condition things are in and will be in. So as I take responsibility I feel very happy. I feel grateful to God for another year and the opportunity to make things better!

--hide--

Nice outlook, Marian ... You are in control of your emotional self! ,... Happy 2013!

Jan 1st 2013 new

Hi Richard!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I believe it "normal" to feel sad when a celebration is going on around you and you can't share the special day with someone. On New Years Eve I was at a gathering of about 40 people. At the stroke of midnight there were hugs, kisses, tears, et cetera. I wasn't with anyone and I felt a bit melancholy, but I wasn't sad.

To the contrary, I thought about all of the blessings in my life. When the time comes, I will share special days with someone. In the meantime, I may be alone, but I am rarely lonely. I make sure my "pie of life" is sliced into many pieces and I make a concerted effort to seek out my family and friends. I hope you didn't ring in the new year being too sad.

The time will come when you will meet that special someone and hopefully you will look back at these sad times and reflect that they were just normal occurrences in life.

Happy New Year!

Gene

Jan 1st 2013 new

Happy New Year all.

Hope you feel a little better today.

A little song to sing along to lift you and all others who are feeling that way.

www.youtube.com

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: Happy New Year all. Hope you feel a little better today. A little song t...
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:

Happy New Year all.

Hope you feel a little better today.

A little song to sing along to lift you and all others who are feeling that way.

www.youtube.com

--hide--
Here's another link to I can see clearly now

www.youtube.com

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: I always feel very relieved and happy to welco...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

I always feel very relieved and happy to welcome a New Year. I know it can be a great start to a great diet and exercise and new goals in the coming year. I gave up feeling sad about not having someone many years ago. I am relieved about that. I feel Happy to be alive on NYE and I am very excited about the future. It depends on one's perspective. I am not looking outside of myself to someone else to find happiness and that is probably the difference. I know I am responsible in large part for the condition things are in and will be in. So as I take responsibility I feel very happy. I feel grateful to God for another year and the opportunity to make things better!

Nice outlook, Marian ... You are in control of your emotional self! ,... Happy 2013!

--hide--

Thank you! I used to "pine" and "worry." I can't anymore. Due to over commercialization of Christmas, I am always happy when it is over and the New Year has arrived!!!

Jan 1st 2013 new

I felt very sad last night, despite being out in a fun place with my sister and good friend along. I was good at not showing it though ;) A lot of people don't understand, they say "be thankful, enjoy being single" but, maybe like you(?), I just can't. I think of my husband as "when" not "if" and I know he's out there, it's like every new year that goes by without him, I am literally missing him. I (would) value my husband moreso than my friends, so yes, I wish he were here. It doesn't mean I don't appreciate my friends, or love them, but they cannot fill this void.

Jan 1st 2013 new

I agree with you, Richard, about it being tough on NYE. It usually means reliving very sad memories for me and so I struggle alot with this day but then when the new day dawns, I once againn remind myself of all people who I am so blessed to have in my life. Maybe you can do the same today. Otherwise I avoid like crazy the parties because it is not good to mix alcohol and the sad memories. I just read a good book or start thinking about another quilt to make - biggrin ! That always cheers me up!
Ann

Posts 51 - 60 of 70