Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Hello Ladies and Gents I hope everyone is having a wonderful and Blessed New Years Day May God fill yall with his grace and mercy throughout this new year. My question is What do you think about dating someone 10 years younger than you is that acceptable For example if I'm 34 and she is 24 Could there be chances of immaturity on her part Even though women do maturer earlier than some men do but not all The reason I ask is I've noticed that I attract a lot of younger women But it times I feel Kind of bad as if I was taking advantage like I'm guilty lol but anyhow I'm not a rich man and defiantly not a William Levy I would like ladies your input and brothers if you had this experience in life as well May God Bless y'all and I Pray God gives Us all what His Will Is De Colores
Jan 1st 2013 new

During the course of my 25+ years of dating I have dated women both 10+ years older and younger than me, although far more the former than the latter. Although all eventually failed for a variety of reasons, practically none were due to the difference in our ages.

Now, is it "ok"? Well, that's between you and the gal in question. If it's ok for you and it's ok for her then it doesn't matter hide nor hair what anyone else thinks or approves. Of course, there will be the more vocal among this group who will label you as "delusional", unrealistic, and perhaps even perverted for dating someone that much younger. And if these same people should happen to figure out who she is you can be absolutely certain that she will be receiving private messages from these people stating this very same thing (yes, unfortunately, there are those types on this site).

Hopefully, now that I've stated that those people will leave you alone (but don't count on it!) wink

In any event, if she likes you and you like her, forget what anyone else thinks and make it happen, and let the chips fall where they may! thumbsup

theheart

Jan 1st 2013 new

Hi Jaime!

Welcome to the forums wave

Personally I don't really have an issue with age. I think that if it's God's will... He'll make it happen. He has everything in the palm of His hands... He knows when He brought you into this world, for what purpose, and for what vocation. He also knows when He brought your future spouse into this world... and it certainly could be in His plan to unite the two of you across boundaries (such as age).

In His Word God said: "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

As small as a MUSTARD seed!!!! (mustard seeds are tiny... i mean REAL tiny! wink ) Maybe this is one of those things that because of the world we live in... it seems impossible... but if you have faith and keep God's commandment's, follow His will... the mountain will be moved!

I should say too that I am extremely biased when it comes to this issue. My parents are 17 years apart, and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for a 10+ age difference! Although my parents have definitely had their trials throughout the years... they are still going strong!!

Hope this helps Jaime!

God Bless you!

Jan 1st 2013 new

I had a lovely date a few months ago with a man ten years older than me (unfortunately he did not ask me for a second date, but I don't think it had to do with the age difference). We had lots to talk about because we shared common interests, so I say it's definitely OK.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

Just as Victor stated as long as she and you are okay with it then go for it . :)

Jan 3rd 2013 new

Hi Jaime!

You are only as old as you feel, and if your maturties are on the same page, and there is attraction, I say why not?? I had a brief romance with a man in his 40's when I was only 22! He looked and acted in maybe his early 30's- there just wasn't enough to pursue it when I moved across the country :) But yeah, I'd say as long as things jive, there is no problem with such a gap; it is only a bit risky if you pursue someone who has not matured or been through the things you both can relate to.

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Jaime-556629 said: Hello Ladies and Gents I hope everyone is having a wonderful and Blessed New Years Day May God fill yall...
(Quote) Jaime-556629 said: Hello Ladies and Gents I hope everyone is having a wonderful and Blessed New Years Day May God fill yall with his grace and mercy throughout this new year. My question is What do you think about dating someone 10 years younger than you is that acceptable For example if I'm 34 and she is 24 Could there be chances of immaturity on her part Even though women do maturer earlier than some men do but not all The reason I ask is I've noticed that I attract a lot of younger women But it times I feel Kind of bad as if I was taking advantage like I'm guilty lol but anyhow I'm not a rich man and defiantly not a William Levy I would like ladies your input and brothers if you had this experience in life as well May God Bless y'all and I Pray God gives Us all what His Will Is De Colores
--hide--

I personally tend to prefer older guys ( not to much older though, 10 is my max unless he is something spectacular) as they tend to bring greater, maturity and leadership into the equation. Even most of my close girlfriends locally are atleast 43. My best friend is actually in her late 50s.

I think that it is all a matter of how you feel about it. For me, as long as there is chemistry there and or a connection there I am open to getting to know you better. I think that we all have areas where growth is needed. While you may experiences area of immaturity in the woman that is where you have to determine if she is worth enough to you that you choose to work through it and continue to pursue getting to know her. Personally I think that everyone deserves a fair shot. Go for it and be patient. NO ONE IS PERFECT.

Feb 1st 2013 new

I would say YES it is ok. I know two brothers who are both married to women ten years younger and the girls are the best of friends. They make great pairs as well.

Best wishes

Feb 1st 2013 new

If you were like, 21 I could see a serious, serious problem with the ten years less difference. Heh.

The issue always bounces on maturity. A woman between 18 - 22 [generally] is going to be in a very different head space than a 32 year old. However, I've met some incredible world wise 18 year olds, who were quite capable of dating a 40 year old. There's always that risk that a much older man, with much more life experience, could indirectly or directly influence a young woman for his own benefit.

End of the day, its all individual. Where is she and where are you maturity wise? If the usual stuff is agreeable and she's not still carrying around a Barbie in a power suit, you're probably doing just fine!

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Jaime-556629 said: Hello Ladies and Gents I hope everyone is having a wonderful and Blessed New Years Day May God fill yall...
(Quote) Jaime-556629 said: Hello Ladies and Gents I hope everyone is having a wonderful and Blessed New Years Day May God fill yall with his grace and mercy throughout this new year. My question is What do you think about dating someone 10 years younger than you is that acceptable For example if I'm 34 and she is 24 Could there be chances of immaturity on her part Even though women do maturer earlier than some men do but not all The reason I ask is I've noticed that I attract a lot of younger women But it times I feel Kind of bad as if I was taking advantage like I'm guilty lol but anyhow I'm not a rich man and defiantly not a William Levy I would like ladies your input and brothers if you had this experience in life as well May God Bless y'all and I Pray God gives Us all what His Will Is De Colores
--hide--

This is an interesting topic. I started a post when I suggested that one of my friends in his 40's to date a woman in her 30's, to give him a chance, hypothetically speaking, to still have children of his own. It was almost completely panned by female members who found that be incredibly offensive. I know that isn't what you are referring to, but just to be aware, you are likely to encounter some resistance, more likely from other women, who think you should probably date someone closer to your age.

Having said that - it is your life. If this woman make you happy, go for it. If other people don't like it, that is their problem - not yours.

Posts 1 - 10 of 13