Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Wanderer, Suffering, Soul

Jan 1st 2013 new

I would appreciate if you share with me on your first thoughts when you read these three words. May our gracious and loving God bless you abundantly.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

I am baffled or maybe bias by these words as being dark, hurtful, and angry: wanderer, suffering, soul.

Also, I constantly read and hear about attaining or when we get to Heaven, but aren't we sharing or receiving something so extraordinary only here on earth.

theheart Jesus means "save us" and Immanuel means "God is with us." When we go Catholic Mass and the Tabernacle light is on are we not on Holy Ground, attending Heavenly Banquet ~ receiving Eucharist and praising God. Doesn't this acknowledge that we are in the presence of God and in Heaven gathered in union with the saints and angels. rose

Feb 3rd 2013 new

FYI ~ the picture in my profile of the statue taking during last year Divine Mercy Saturday 2012 at the entrance of Divine Mercy National Shrine located in Stockbridge, MA, thedivinemercy.org

FYI ~ the picture of Our Lady of Fatima was Her International visit in Boston, MA 2012, www.pilgrimvirginstatue.com

theheart May they bring you many graces rosary rose

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Genie-920495 said: I would appreciate if you share with me on your first thoughts when you read these three words. M...
(Quote) Genie-920495 said:

I would appreciate if you share with me on your first thoughts when you read these three words. May our gracious and loving God bless you abundantly.

--hide--

I guess when I read of the words wanderer, suffering, soul I think of the saints who wandered and suffered through the darkness of their dark nights of the soul when they thought God had abandoned them only to later find out that God was right there with them.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Genie-920495 said: I would appreciate if you share with me on your first thoughts when you read these three words. M...

--hide--

The first thing that comes to my mind is Psalm 23. Beside restful waters he leads me...

Feb 27th 2013 new

Thank you!!!

These three words are engrave on my husband's cemetery marker. I changed it because everytime I visited his grave I was upset/angry, actually more in pain. After changing it, reading the new words, I became more peaceful visiting his grave, all to well he is no longer there only in the physical sense to pray for his soul. I would recite the Apostle Creed, Our Father, three Hail Mary, and Glory Be. Including lightning a candle, offering a Holy Mass, and recite the rosary.

I know that he had the most beautiful service I have ever attended. So I am ever indebted to my friends at the funeral home and my parish/parishioners who made it possible.

Feb 27th 2013 new
(Quote) Genie-920495 said: Thank you!!! These three words are engrave on my husband's cemetery marker....

Thank you!!!

These three words are engrave on my husband's cemetery marker. I changed it because everytime I visited his grave I was upset/angry, actually more in pain. After changing it, reading the new words, I became more peaceful visiting his grave, all to well he is no longer there only in the physical sense to pray for his soul. I would recite the Apostle Creed, Our Father, three Hail Mary, and Glory Be. Including lightning a candle, offering a Holy Mass, and recite the rosary.

I know that he had the most beautiful service I have ever attended. So I am ever indebted to my friends at the funeral home and my parish/parishioners who made it possible.

--hide--

Bless you Genie, it speaks tome of someone whose faith has been tested.

One of my favorite scriptures is from Isaiah "See I will not forget you I have carved your name in the Palm of my hand'. I had those words put on Andrews marker so all that visited might find comfort. On the back of the stone "He carved you in the Palms of his hands and in our hearts forever, We will love and miss you forever". For me I wanted something that might touch those who visited my son's grave....
Feb 27th 2013 new

theheart Brenda thank you sooo very much for you have been blessed abundantly by the Blessed Mother and God and so many friends, since my husband's sleeping in Christ, in our faith and most especially in our pilgrimage toward our Heavenly home. It is and was my husband and my journey here on earth. Our reward is not here but in Heaven. rosary rose rose rose

Apr 15th 2013 new

Thank you soo much Blessed Mother and God for the wonderful gifts....

Apr 15th 2013 new

--hide--

Honestly, I don't necessarily view these as negative words. I think of:

1) St. Paul before and after his conversion.

2) Mother Teresa's soul suffered greatly in this life. She went everywhere trying to ease the suffering of the poor but in the process suffered her own darkness of the soul. I strive to be that kind of saint. If you haven't I would recommend reading "Mother Teresa: Come Be My Light - The Private Writings of the Saint of Calcutta". Being a wandering, suffering, soul is not necessarily a bad thing...just painful.

3) I think being a wandering, suffering, soul is someone that is doing some of their purification here on Earth instead of purgatory.

Posts 1 - 10 of 12