Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

For all Widows & Widowers

Jan 1st 2013 new

Today, I sat down at the piano to sing and find some peace. The first page that popped up had Tears to Heaven on it. I didn't think of the significance until I started playing it...another sign that God and the saints are watching out for me. So I thought I would share the blessing I received with my friends here on CM who are experiencing the same loss as I am.

This year my New Year's resolution is going to be "find joy everywhere" and I have already started with finding so many wonderful friends here on CM. God's blessings to you all. As my oldest daughter said to me, "Never let your memories be greater than your dreams."

In Christ,

Elizabeth

www.bing.com

Jan 1st 2013 new

biggrinHow beautiful Elizabeth! It is always so wonderful to get those "bonk on the head" messages!

My husband's special number was 13...I told my kids that this is our lucky year! I am so happy that I "accidentally" found CM when I was looking for a new parish after moving. The Parish had an Ad for CM!

A blessed, grace filled New Year to you and yours!!!

Thanks for posting!

Michele

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Michele-910064 said: How beautiful Elizabeth! It is always so wonderful to get those "bonk on the head" me...
(Quote) Michele-910064 said:

How beautiful Elizabeth! It is always so wonderful to get those "bonk on the head" messages!

My husband's special number was 13...I told my kids that this is our lucky year! I am so happy that I "accidentally" found CM when I was looking for a new parish after moving. The Parish had an Ad for CM!

A blessed, grace filled New Year to you and yours!!!

Thanks for posting!

Michele

--hide--

You are welcome, Michele. Here is wishing and praying that 2013 is filled with joy and happiness for you and all of us.

God Bless,

Elizabeth

Jan 1st 2013 new

biggrinThanks for sharing this with us.Your daughter is wise. You get a Gold Star!

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: Thanks for sharing this with us.Your daughter is wise.
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:

Thanks for sharing this with us.Your daughter is wise.

--hide--

Thanks, Sherrill-anne. Yes, she is. wave

Happy New Year's,

Elizabeth

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Today, I sat down at the piano to sing and find some peace. The first page that popped up had...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Today, I sat down at the piano to sing and find some peace. The first page that popped up had Tears to Heaven on it. I didn't think of the significance until I started playing it...another sign that God and the saints are watching out for me. So I thought I would share the blessing I received with my friends here on CM who are experiencing the same loss as I am.

This year my New Year's resolution is going to be "find joy everywhere" and I have already started with finding so many wonderful friends here on CM. God's blessings to you all. As my oldest daughter said to me, "Never let your memories be greater than your dreams."

In Christ,

Elizabeth

www.bing.com

--hide--
Dear Sweet Elizabeth,

Thank you for sharing such a lovely song with us. You had no way of knowing this, but this particular song was one of Bob's favorites. In fact, the night he passed, at home, I had this song playing softly in the background. So I'm taking your post as a sign that 2013 is going to be a year of happy memories and moving forward.

Thank you and God bless you in this New Year!! hug Praying rose

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Dear Sweet Elizabeth, Thank you for sharing such a lovely song with us. You had n...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Dear Sweet Elizabeth,

Thank you for sharing such a lovely song with us. You had no way of knowing this, but this particular song was one of Bob's favorites. In fact, the night he passed, at home, I had this song playing softly in the background. So I'm taking your post as a sign that 2013 is going to be a year of happy memories and moving forward.

Thank you and God bless you in this New Year!!

--hide--

I'm certainly hoping it is going to be a year of happy memories and moving forward for us all. hug

- Elizabeth

Jan 1st 2013 new

Thanks for the nice post. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here in this forum and looking forward to hopefully a great year for all of us.

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Theresa-637436 said: Thanks for the nice post. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here in this forum and lo...
(Quote) Theresa-637436 said:

Thanks for the nice post. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here in this forum and looking forward to hopefully a great year for all of us.

--hide--

You are welcome, Teresa. Hope the kids New Year's Eve party went well. If it went like those at my house used to go, there will be plenty to clean up after everyone goes home and a lot of good memories to talk about for years to come. My kids are still talking about those New Year's Eve parties.

Here's to a great year for us all! theheart

- Elizabeth

Jan 2nd 2013 new

hug hug Elizabeth, I had planned on saying a "short" prayer for him last night, as several of us said we would....God must have been watching out for me, knowing that it was New Year's Eve (and that often either the celebratory activities or unyielding urge to fall asleep early allows prayers to be overlooked). I got a phone call from an out-of-town acquaintance asking me if I could take some Fixodent down to the county jail to her daughter because her bridge had broken....I was headed out of town to celebrate the New Year's Eve with friends in SF, so it was "on my way"....

Well. when I got to the jail, I was told the nurse would come get the little box soon. A few minutes later, after hearing a LOT of commotion in the adjoining cell area, the intercom in the jail lobby came on, and the voice told me the nurse would be delayed at least a half hour....It's yucky, stinky, and gross in that lobby. "Oh, great"... rolling eyes irked

And then that's when I remembered your needs for prayer, and had the opportunity to say the Rosary for the Joyful Mysteries--joy for your husband's birth, for the joy he brought to his parents from the time of his conception, joy for his baptism, joy for his growth and wisdom he shared with others, and joy for the gift of life he shared with you through the births of his own children! Right there in that foul ante-room, I was transported to a more heavenly place, and co-joined misery with happiness. What moved me? Had to have been the same Holy Spirit that brought you to play Tears In Heaven.... Dove rose

Posts 1 - 10 of 22