Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Elizabeth, I had planned on saying a "short" prayer for him last night, as several of...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Elizabeth, I had planned on saying a "short" prayer for him last night, as several of us said we would....God must have been watching out for me, knowing that it was New Year's Eve (and that often either the celebratory activities or unyielding urge to fall asleep early allows prayers to be overlooked). I got a phone call from an out-of-town acquaintance asking me if I could take some Fixodent down to the county jail to her daughter because her bridge had broken....I was headed out of town to celebrate the New Year's Eve with friends in SF, so it was "on my way"....

Well. when I got to the jail, I was told the nurse would come get the little box soon. A few minutes later, after hearing a LOT of commotion in the adjoining cell area, the intercom in the jail lobby came on, and the voice told me the nurse would be delayed at least a half hour....It's yucky, stinky, and gross in that lobby. "Oh, great"...

And then that's when I remembered your needs for prayer, and had the opportunity to say the Rosary for the Joyful Mysteries--joy for your husband's birth, for the joy he brought to his parents from the time of his conception, joy for his baptism, joy for his growth and wisdom he shared with others, and joy for the gift of life he shared with you through the births of his own children! Right there in that foul ante-room, I was transported to a more heavenly place, and co-joined misery with happiness. What moved me? Had to have been the same Holy Spirit that brought you to play Tears In Heaven....

--hide--

Thank you, Beverly, for sharing such a sweet and lovely story with me. We said the Joyful Mysteries at David's wake. Thank you for reminding me of the Joyful Mysteries. I am sure it was the same Holy Spirit that lead me to play Tears In Heaven and to read this beautiful post during a bit of a sleepless night...

Jan 2nd 2013 new

Thank you for the lovely song, and I am sure your daughter is a lot like her mother.

Originally I did have plans for NYE with a friend, but I was home with the flu. I was remembering NYE past, and I have some wonderful memories.
If it is God's will, and I believe that it is that someday we will all have beautiful new memories. We never stop loving those that went before us, but that doesn't mean we can't love again.

Wishing everyone on here a Happy and Blessed New Year!!

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Elizabeth, I had planned on saying a "short" prayer for him last night, as several of...

Elizabeth, I had planned on saying a "short" prayer for him last night, as several of us said we would....God must have been watching out for me, knowing that it was New Year's Eve (and that often either the celebratory activities or unyielding urge to fall asleep early allows prayers to be overlooked). I got a phone call from an out-of-town acquaintance asking me if I could take some Fixodent down to the county jail to her daughter because her bridge had broken....I was headed out of town to celebrate the New Year's Eve with friends in SF, so it was "on my way"....

Well. when I got to the jail, I was told the nurse would come get the little box soon. A few minutes later, after hearing a LOT of commotion in the adjoining cell area, the intercom in the jail lobby came on, and the voice told me the nurse would be delayed at least a half hour....It's yucky, stinky, and gross in that lobby. "Oh, great"...

And then that's when I remembered your needs for prayer, and had the opportunity to say the Rosary for the Joyful Mysteries--joy for your husband's birth, for the joy he brought to his parents from the time of his conception, joy for his baptism, joy for his growth and wisdom he shared with others, and joy for the gift of life he shared with you through the births of his own children! Right there in that foul ante-room, I was transported to a more heavenly place, and co-joined misery with happiness. What moved me? Had to have been the same Holy Spirit that brought you to play Tears In Heaven....

--hide--
You now know the binding power of Fixodent -- and the Holy Spirit.... Praying hug

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: You now know the binding power of Fixodent -- and the Holy Spirit....
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

You now know the binding power of Fixodent -- and the Holy Spirit....

--hide--
Ahh, yessss...."Fills in all the 'loose spots', and holds up to 12 hours".... I think that's what I want, too---the Holy Spirit to fill in all my empty places, but for Eternity!

Jan 3rd 2013 new

Well, thank you Elizabeth for sharing such a wise cuote...I will definetly apply it.

I certainly know that all our loved ones that have passed are wathching over us. I was with my kids on Times square for new Years Eve, and comig out of the massive crowd, an old man turned aroud and robbed each and one of our heads with such tenderness and love that words could not have explained our joy!

It was our most and preciuos gift to start the new year!! wave laughing cloud

God is an awsome God!!

Wish you all a woundeful and happy 2013!

Jan 4th 2013 new
OK, so here goes my very first CM forum post! I so appreciated all of your stories. Sometimes I think that this journey gets harder the more time that goes by since my husband passed away. Your uplifting thoughts are a balm to the soul. I know God blesses us in so many ways- many I think we may not even notice! So my prayer for myself and all of you in this New Year is to look for all the ways God is present with us every day! Ps- loved the Fixodent comment!
Jan 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Ahh, yessss...."Fills in all the 'loose spots', and holds up to 12 hours".... I think that...

Ahh, yessss...."Fills in all the 'loose spots', and holds up to 12 hours".... I think that's what I want, too---the Holy Spirit to fill in all my empty places, but for Eternity!

--hide--

I like that analogy...I am finding in front of the blessed sacrament is my place of refuge that gives me peace and comfort.....I still miss my son but I am finding joy again.....
Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) RuthAnn-913648 said: OK, so here goes my very first CM forum post! I so appreciated all of your stories. Sometimes I think ...
(Quote) RuthAnn-913648 said: OK, so here goes my very first CM forum post! I so appreciated all of your stories. Sometimes I think that this journey gets harder the more time that goes by since my husband passed away. Your uplifting thoughts are a balm to the soul. I know God blesses us in so many ways- many I think we may not even notice! So my prayer for myself and all of you in this New Year is to look for all the ways God is present with us every day! Ps- loved the Fixodent comment!
--hide--

I am so sorry for your loss, RuthAnn. CM can be a good place to find a discussion about just about everything. Widows and widowers tend to be very supportive here. The rest of the fora can be interesting, too. The Women's Room has some great discussions from a woman's point of view. I think you will find that most of us here will be happy to answer any questions you have and help you feel at home. Please fee free to email me if you would like to ask a question outside of public view.

Post often and enjoy the banter. It can get lively in some of the fora.

God bless, wave

- Elizabeth

Jan 5th 2013 new

wave I've only been on CM a few months and I have already found comfort and joy in the fact that there are other who feel just like me! I know the Holy Spirit brought me to CM and is filling in some holes that are helping to keep me together!!:)

Welcom Ruth Ann!

And thanks agaon Elizabeth!

Michele Praying

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Michele-910064 said: I've only been on CM a few months and I have already found comfort and joy in the fact that...
(Quote) Michele-910064 said:

I've only been on CM a few months and I have already found comfort and joy in the fact that there are other who feel just like me! I know the Holy Spirit brought me to CM and is filling in some holes that are helping to keep me together!!:)

Welcom Ruth Ann!

And thanks agaon Elizabeth!

Michele

--hide--

Being a widow is pretty horrible, but I find comfort in the friendships I have made with other widows. Their stories tell me I am pretty normal...which on occasions is a blessed relief. I am an absolute believer in God's plan...it is just that patience thing that gives me a bit of trouble. Another nice thing about having friends who are widows is that I feel like I can discuss what I really feel like behind the smiles. For those who have never walked this walk, they just can't understand. I know I never realized what widows and widowers were going through after the dust settled and life was supposed to get back to normal...a normal I now know does not exists.

Oh well, CARPE DIEM!!!....God has great things in store...I just know it!! wave

- Elizabeth

Posts 11 - 20 of 22