Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Sins of a 3rd Grader

Jan 1st 2013 new

I've been thinking a lot about Confession because, honestly, I haven't gone in a LONG time. I am growing in my Catholic faith and becoming more aware of things I should be doing. Anyway, this got me thinking about the kind of sins I might confess now compared to the sins I confessed when I went to Confession with CCD when I was younger....... scratchchin

"I don't always wear my seat belt." - one I think I said every single time

"I disobey my parents." - every kid can probably say that one

I just think it's hilarious that my sins included not wearing my seat belt! tongue I wonder what else priests would hear in that room coming from little kids!!

That's all I remember right now. Anyone else remember what they used to confess to when they were little?

Jan 1st 2013 new

it's good you want to go to confession. god is so happy when we go. it's a great channel of grace. go and then make a habit of going at least once a month or, better yet, every two or three weeks.

a holy capuchin told me that we need only look at a crucifix to see how badly god wants to forgive us.

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Kelly-846180 said: That's all I remember right now. Anyone else remember what they used to confess to when they ...
(Quote) Kelly-846180 said:

That's all I remember right now. Anyone else remember what they used to confess to when they were little?

--hide--

bad language.

disobedience.

by age 12 or 13 i was confessing adult sins - especially drug abuse. the priest would ask how old i was then yell at me. finally i found a jesuit who worked with me. it took me another 33 years to give up booze and drugs, and confession was about the only tether i had to god.

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: it's good you want to go to confession. god is so happy when we go. it's a great channel ...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

it's good you want to go to confession. god is so happy when we go. it's a great channel of grace. go and then make a habit of going at least once a month or, better yet, every two or three weeks.

a holy capuchin told me that we need only look at a crucifix to see how badly god wants to forgive us.

--hide--

Thank you for the encouragement! I'm feeling kind of intimidated to go because I really have never gone as an adult (my family doesn't practice it), but I am feeling strongly now that I need to go, so I'm going to just have to get this first time over with!

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Kelly-846180 said: Thank you for the encouragement! I'm feeling kind of intimidated to go because I really have ...

Thank you for the encouragement! I'm feeling kind of intimidated to go because I really have never gone as an adult (my family doesn't practice it), but I am feeling strongly now that I need to go, so I'm going to just have to get this first time over with!

--hide--

ask around for suggestions on who a good confessor might be, then go.

tell the priest how long it's been since your last confession. they live for that moment when someone who hasn't been in many years returns. learn the form of confession (what to say before, during,and after). memorize the act of contrition.

confession allows us to immerse ourselves in god's mercy. it helps us stay on course. it fills us with sacramental grace. go regularly. it is a wonderful thing.

god loves you soooo much. confession is a great way to experience this love and grace. theheart

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Kelly-846180 said: I've been thinking a lot about Confession because, honestly, I haven't gone in a LONG tim...

I've been thinking a lot about Confession because, honestly, I haven't gone in a LONG time. I am growing in my Catholic faith and becoming more aware of things I should be doing. Anyway, this got me thinking about the kind of sins I might confess now compared to the sins I confessed when I went to Confession with CCD when I was younger.......

"I don't always wear my seat belt." - one I think I said every single time

"I disobey my parents." - every kid can probably say that one

I just think it's hilarious that my sins included not wearing my seat belt! I wonder what else priests would hear in that room coming from little kids!!

--hide--

I am so proud of you and happy for you and I am far from perfect and not God. Imagine how much more happy God is that you have this desire in your heart. Truly you made my week with this post. Just trust that God loves you and wants nothing more for you to come. Ask around for a good confessor or reach out to a Franciscan, Dominican or Opus Dei they are usually universally good. Let me know how it went. TRULY YOU MADE MY WEEK. I just want to hug you. hug

Jan 7th 2013 new
I was just a little younger than you when I went back to confession for the first time after staying away from Church and confession for years. I was worried what would happen so I carried the burden of guilt around with me to avoid confession. When I did go back, what a weight lifted from me! I try to go at the turning of each Church season now, but I think I should go more frequently than that. May God bless you with His abundant graces.
Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Kelly-846180 said: Thank you for the encouragement! I'm feeling kind of intimidated to go because I really have ...

--hide--

It's never too late to go back! If you are feeling nervous, find a priest that you are comfortable with and who is a good confessor and honestly tell them it's your first time in awhile. Every priest I know is more excited that people are seeking out the Sacrament than worried about giving them a hard time for how long it's been or not knowing the steps. They will gladly help you through it. I've recently started going to Confession more often and making it a priority and it is such a rich healing experience. We are truly blessed to have this Sacrament and I'm excited you're seeking it out!!

Jan 8th 2013 new

Go for it, girl! I would go like every 10 years, and I definitely should've gone more. I only went while on retreat or something. In Feb, I started going almost weekly. I also learned that we are required to at least go once a year! I had no clue! I now go monthly, unless I need to go more. It is soul- cleansing. There are even confession apps! Lol My sister went in the summer and she hadn't been in like 25 years!

Jan 13th 2013 new

Hi, Tara... Learned the hard way that Catholic Match gals and GUYS are not all practising the Commandments. These guys want....AHEM AHEM....as much as anyone else. LOL We have to watch ourselves, and be careful!!! What a world. God have mercy on us all! Forgive us our sins....please. Maggie

Have a great weekend, Tara

Posts 1 - 10 of 11