Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Anybody feel free to answer this question if you can...I am sure it applies to both genders but I honestly think men tend to do this more so. Why is it easier for a guy to go out or date a lady so quickly after a divorce?

01/01/2013 new

I honestly think that it goes both ways and I don't think it would be too common on a Catholic site for either sex. The old adage of history repeating itself if often too true.

It is usually due to a low self esteem, immaturity or fear of being alone. I was once told by a sage that time spent between relationships is often a great predictor of the success of future ones. Mature people are not afraid of being alone and do nto need validation from others.

That being said we all need support and community but that can be found outside of a ma-woman dating relationship. While I am of on here to find someone to date I am also in no hurry. I prefer to be alone that in a bad or unhealthy relationship. Thankfully allowing God to love me for so long has given me insight into how deserve to be loved. I refuse to settle.

Also I would caution anyone dating when your marriage is not annulled by saying that it will be annulled. There is no way of guaranteeing that and it would not be fair to other party. It is also not prudent as you are still married and should not be actively seeking a relationship or exclusive friendship with the opposite sex. We cannot use annulment as another divorce where we percieve that if both or either party desires it that it will be granted. That is a misuse of the institution. Much like using Natural Family Planning with a contraceptive intent.

01/01/2013 new

You are right Shara! Even though I have not been out with anyone in over a year, I think I will just wait and finish my annullment and let God decide when it is the time for to be with someone.

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-920900 said: You are right Shara! Even though I have not been out with anyone in over a year, I think I wil...
(Quote) Michelle-920900 said:

You are right Shara! Even though I have not been out with anyone in over a year, I think I will just wait and finish my annullment and let God decide when it is the time for to be with someone.

--hide--

Michelle you are a catch and anyone who ends up with you will be lucky. It is truly a hard time to be in limbo and I know that personally. Keep developing firnedships and learn who you are and what you need. Remember that you are a PRIZE and beautiful to boot. God will take care of you. You will see. It WILL be wonderful.

01/01/2013 new
Michelle,

I read this somewhere I don't remember where. The healing process for a divorcee, it does not matter if it is man or woman is about five years. According to this information, the person is ready to have a healthy relationship and is able to be successful at their new marriage.

I think if you pray for healing for both people, and God's hand is in the healing process, it might take less time. I am only talking about personal experience.

If the person starts another relationship without the healing process, and the discernment, then the person will take with him/her the baggage s from previous marriages.

Hope this help to answer your concern on my behalf.
01/05/2013 new

Just though to bump this old thread up.

01/05/2013 new

(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: Michelle, it does not matter if it is man or woman is about five years. .
(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: Michelle,

it does not matter if it is man or woman is about five years. .
--hide--

In a class I took on divorce & divorce care, the material said that it was approximately one year of healing for every 5 years of marriage....and it was gender neutral. Everyone is different so of course their journey too....

01/05/2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-920900 said: Anybody feel free to answer this question if you can...I am sure it applies to both genders bu...

Anybody feel free to answer this question if you can...I am sure it applies to both genders but I honestly think men tend to do this more so. Why is it easier for a guy to go out or date a lady so quickly after a divorce?

--hide--

BECAUSE THEY CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT US!!!!! wink wink wink wink

01/05/2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-920900 said: Anybody feel free to answer this question if you can...I am sure it applies to both genders bu...

--hide--
I always thought this too,and was surprised that I did't date right away after my annulment.So in my case,it's not true.

01/06/2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: BECAUSE THEY CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT US!!!!!
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

BECAUSE THEY CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT US!!!!!

--hide--

Isn't that the truth laughing

Posts 1 - 10 of 23