Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: She was not aware that she levitated.
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

She was not aware that she levitated.

--hide--
I didn't say she was ??? I said she was said to have livitated. Ok by others.

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-514749 said: Here are St Teresa of Avila's words in describing her ecstasy... &qu...
(Quote) Debbie-514749 said:

Here are St Teresa of Avila's words in describing her ecstasy...

" I saw an angel beside me... so blazing with light that he seemed to be one of the very highest angels, who appear all on fire... I saw in his hands a long spear of gold, and at the end of the iron there seemed to me to be a little fire. This I thought he thrust through my heart several times (so deeply) that it reached my very entrails. As he withdrew it, I thought it brought them with it, and left me all burning with a great love of God. So great was the pain, that it made me moan; and so utter the sweetness... that there was no wanting it to stop, not is there any contenting the soul with less than God." The Life of Teresa of Jesus, section xxix, 16-17

I believe in these difficult modern times God has graced us with the Charismatic Movement, among many other things, to catch a hold of our attention... to show us that He is the God who fullfills ALL of our desires. The spiritual consolations inherent within the charismatic gifts are just a small inkling of the ultimate reward promised us all...

A spiritual director once told me that the only way we can determine if our prayer is effective is if the fruits make us more faithful, more loving, & more generous with God and others reguardless of how we feel... Sometimes we will "feel" on fire in these beautiful consolations, and othertimes we will suffer the dryest of nights. But if you think about it. Why would the Saints undergo such tremendous sufferings if they hadn't a clue of what was coming. God gives His gifts to shore us up, just as He withdraws them to purify & strengthen us...

--hide--
I agree and might I say very well put. Gods gifts are infinit and given to who He chooses and in ways He chooses. There are so may examples of Charimatic Saints.

Posts 141 - 142 of 142