Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

What's the point?

Jan 2nd 2013 new

What's the purpose of having the "Over 45" and "Under 45" rooms anymore? Do either actually serve their intended purpose, or any purpose, for that matter?

- In the past month, half the threads in the "Under 45" room have been moved out of the room while none have been moved into the room.

- The overwhelming majority of participants in virtually every thread in the "Over 45" room are under the age of 45.

- Both rooms are among the least active of the rooms dedicated to general discussion and are virtually non-existent anymore.

- Their placement on the main forum list doesn't exactly give the rooms much exposure and certainly doesn't inspire activity in either.

- There is nothing remotely close to a sure way to determine which topics actually belong in these rooms.

**This is neither a complaint or intended to inspire an argument, just something to gain clarity as to what purpose these rooms are intended to serve and our ratonale for using them instead of either Tobias or St. Peter's.**

theheart

Jan 2nd 2013 new

I agree. I'm just afraid of the backlash if I remove them.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: I agree. I'm just afraid of the backlash if I remove them.
(Quote) Nathan-48443 said:

I agree. I'm just afraid of the backlash if I remove them.

--hide--
be not afraid! biggrin

Jan 3rd 2013 new
I don't think there will be a backlash.Would not bother me
Jan 3rd 2013 new

Yes.... what happened to St. Peter's Square!??! (will the real St. Peter's Square please stand up)... I miss ME's pub weeping I miss random conversation .... I miss the topicless discussions people!

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Emily-380294 said: Yes.... what happened to St. Peter's Square!??! (will the real St. Peter's Square please ...
(Quote) Emily-380294 said:

Yes.... what happened to St. Peter's Square!??! (will the real St. Peter's Square please stand up)... I miss ME's pub I miss random conversation .... I miss the topicless discussions people!

--hide--

St. Peter's is now "Single Living" and you can find the Pub in "Entertainment and Humor".

theheart

Jan 3rd 2013 new

Single living just isn't the same... and THANKS!!! i didn't know the pub still existed!

Jan 3rd 2013 new

WAIT... no it's not!!!!! It IS St. Peter's Square.... when was it added back?!?!? where i have been? lol

anyway... back to your regular scheduled program.... How ABOUT that 45+ group?

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Emily-380294 said: Single living just isn't the same... and THANKS!!! i didn't know the pub still existed!
(Quote) Emily-380294 said:

Single living just isn't the same... and THANKS!!! i didn't know the pub still existed!

--hide--

Enjoy the PUB while it lasts, it won't be around too much longer... MaryEllen just announced her engagement. It has been pretty slow in there the last year, anyway. I remember the days when they could lock a couple of threads each night.

Jan 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Enjoy the PUB while it lasts, it won't be around too much longer... MaryEllen just announced her e...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Enjoy the PUB while it lasts, it won't be around too much longer... MaryEllen just announced her engagement. It has been pretty slow in there the last year, anyway. I remember the days when they could lock a couple of threads each night.

--hide--

ME is looking for a replacement bar tender
Posts 1 - 10 of 15