Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/03/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I already discussed this with Victor and told him I found the post.. I was looking for a whole thr...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I already discussed this with Victor and told him I found the post.. I was looking for a whole thread on the topic, not a single post. It is generally not a good idea to copy and paste posts out of the private gender rooms because people get the wrong idea of a single post if they don't see it in it's whole context..Victor took umbrage that there was any discussion on the topic and assumed that there was lengthy male bashing going on.

--hide--

In Victor's defense (is there such a thing? laughing ), I got the same impression when I read the topic post: the title does say "Women's Discussion"...

01/03/2013 new

I think the wording is a little bold, calling men outright liars and all that; ie lumping them all into on oxcart.

However, I have to agree that looks are going to always be number one. AT FIRST GLANCE. You aren't going to pursue someone who makes your eyes burn, and you can't have a relationship with someone who you can't feel passion toward. This is not what i'm saying of my own preferences, this is what I have been told by men, including my exes, who all agree that while a good heart is what will make it last, the rush of attraction is what will make you WANT to make it last.

Unless any men here disagree with what me man-friends say?

01/03/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: In Victor's defense (is there such a thing? ), I got the same impression when I read ...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

In Victor's defense (is there such a thing? ), I got the same impression when I read the topic post: the title does say "Women's Discussion"...

--hide--

We could debate the subject of Victor all day if you'd like.. wink laughing

01/03/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I think the wording is a little bold, calling men outright liars and all that; ie lumping them all...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

I think the wording is a little bold, calling men outright liars and all that; ie lumping them all into on oxcart.

However, I have to agree that looks are going to always be number one. AT FIRST GLANCE. You aren't going to pursue someone who makes your eyes burn, and you can't have a relationship with someone who you can't feel passion toward. This is not what i'm saying of my own preferences, this is what I have been told by men, including my exes, who all agree that while a good heart is what will make it last, the rush of attraction is what will make you WANT to make it last.

--hide--

I think physical attraction will always be at the top of any search for a dating partner for almost anyone. It would not be very human to think otherwise.

Women can be oriented this way most of the time as well! I would wish that we could all be adult enough to discuss in depth anything that comes up in this topic area. I wish that could happen. I see no reason why there has to be so much anger each time it is brought up but I agree that using inflammatory language makes it harder to discuss.

Again There is no Male bashing thread in the womens room from which this post originated.

01/03/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) Jerry-74383 said: In Victor's defense (is there such a...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
Jerry-74383 said:

In Victor's defense (is there such a thing? ), I got the same impression when I read the topic post: the title does say "Women's Discussion"...

We could debate the subject of Victor all day if you'd like..

--hide--

Why not? I do it! wink You should try it sometime. It's actually a lot of fun. I'm make for a great subject. biggrin

Just remember to turn the heat down before you begin... don't want you to suffer from heat stroke. wink

theheart

01/03/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I think the wording is a little bold, calling men outright liars and all that; ie lumping them all...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

--hide--

With a little effort practically anyone can be beautiful in a profile picture. Now that person may not spend the time to look that good every single day but doing it just once would be enough to get past the first glance reaction and move on to the more important qualities such as faith, intelligence, good heart. Also, being cheerful can make someone appear more attractive--smiling--just being a positive person.

Posts 11 - 16 of 16