Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Mar 4th 2013 new

Of the plays I've seen on Broadway, Phantom of the Opera and Guys and Dolls were my two favorite. Anything Goes was also good.

Mar 4th 2013 new
"Kiss Me Kate" & "the Student Prince". Of couse Les Mis & Phantom & all those old Fred Astaire / Ginger Rodgers movies.
Mar 4th 2013 new
Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, Mary Poppins, most of the Rogers and Hammerstein, and Funny Girl.
Mar 4th 2013 new

Thank Your Lucky Stars(1943)Good WW2 musical.My favorite songs,The Dreamer and How Sweet You Are by Dinah Shore.
www.youtube.com

Mar 4th 2013 new

[quote]Kate-912649 said: "Kiss Me Kate" & "the Student Prince". Of couse Les Mis & Phantom & all those old Fred Astaire / Ginger Rodgers movies. Deanna Durbin was the first pick for Kiss Me Kate,but she turned down the part.

Mar 18th 2013 new

On the stage: Les Miserables and Mamma Mia!

Can't help but adding Eddie & the Cruisers which I just saw again since 1984!

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: What is your favorite muscial that you have seen whether it was a live performance or a movie?<...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

What is your favorite muscial that you have seen whether it was a live performance or a movie?

I have two: Sound of Music and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat but since I find myself singing songs form Joseph (quite a bit), Joseph is my favorite with Sound of Music right behind.

www.youtube.com

This is a clip from the movie that was made but it still has Donny Osmond performing

--hide--

I have many favorites but my most favorite is the Phantom of the Opera
www.youtube.com

Mar 19th 2013 new

Les Miserables www.youtube.com

Mar 21st 2013 new

Les Mis (movie, 25th anniversary - hoping to see it in St Louis the next time its performed)

Fiddler on the Roof (saw it last year, excellent)

Cats (recorded stage version - played it over and over...dressed up as Munkustrap for Halloween at work... favorite cat is Rumpleteaser)

Phantom of the Opera (on Broadway....one of my favorite memories, will never forget it)

Mar 21st 2013 new

I agree with Sound of Music and Singing in the Rain. :)

High Society with Grace Kelly, Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, and a few more stars has to be my favorite. An American in Paris is good, too.

Do operas count as musicals? I saw an unforgettable version of MacBeth once. I especially liked the scene with Lady MacBeth. It was quite creative.

Posts 31 - 40 of 61