Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

May 14th 2013 new

Hard to narrow, but loved Promises Promises, South Pacific, In the Heights, Jersey Boys, Phantom, We Will Rock You, Aida, Lion King, ...I guess I love live theater!

May 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: What is your favorite muscial that you have seen whether it was a live performance or a movie?<...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

What is your favorite muscial that you have seen whether it was a live performance or a movie?

I have two: Sound of Music and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat but since I find myself singing songs form Joseph (quite a bit), Joseph is my favorite with Sound of Music right behind.

www.youtube.com

This is a clip from the movie that was made but it still has Donny Osmond performing

--hide--

Jessica, what a delightful topic :-).

One of my all time favorites is Guys and Dolls. Mama Mia, the Sound of Music, Annie, The King and I, Brigadoon :-). . .Grease.

May 14th 2013 new

lol goodness, a flood of memories popping into my head:

Fiddler on the Roof, Singing in the Rain, My Fair Lady, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, the Lion King. . .

I'll be hearing songs from all of them all day now :-) Fun topic. I love musicals. . .

May 14th 2013 new

Half A Sixpence(1967)
www.youtube.com

May 14th 2013 new
The king and I and I have seen Yul Brenner perform live. The Sound of Music is another one.
May 19th 2013 new
Lion King definitely!!!!
Jun 11th 2013 new
'Les Miserables,' without a doubt.

I also enjoy 'Little Shop of Horrors' (there ought to be more monster-based musicals), and 'Phantom of the Opera.' I love 'the Sound of Music,' but more as a story than as a musical. Ditto for 'Singin' in the Rain.'
Jun 18th 2013 new
A Star Is Born(1954) www.youtube.com
Jun 19th 2013 new
Love Never Dies. The sequal to Phantom of the Opera. Of course, all the above mentioned are amazing too. I alos love The Secret Garden, Jane Eyre (I've never seen it, but the music is amazing), and Peter Pan.
Jun 27th 2013 new
I love The Phantom of the Opera. I have seen it twice live and love the movie. But I am a musical junkie so love so many. My MP3 player is full of songs from musicals. Some of my other favorites are Les Mis, Wicked, Annie, and Ragtime.
Posts 51 - 60 of 61