Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/03/2013 new
(Quote) Laura-695247 said: Yes, you are correct...this is similar to the thread ' How do you feel about dating a women who has childre...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

Yes, you are correct...this is similar to the thread ' How do you feel about dating a women who has children?'
But, we're talking about

Your Thoughts...

--hide--

Achoooo!
01/03/2013 new

(Quote) Mike-41230 said: I like cats but they don't like me. I'm allergic to them but I can be around them for a bit...
(Quote) Mike-41230 said:

I like cats but they don't like me. I'm allergic to them but I can be around them for a bit. My sister has a cat that she calls scary pumpkin. It's black with good looking orange markings mostly on it's face. She has a photo of her cat stalking a fox. Seriously, I couldn't believe it until I seen the photo. And another day she took a photo of scary pumpkin chasing a fox off their small farm. Scary pumpkin was originally a barn cat so she's quite the critter killer; birds, moles and even rabbits and ground hogs. Sometimes her two dogs, an Australian shepherd and a Jack Russell Terrier steal the cat's kills. My sister doesn't like to leave scary pumpkin out at night figuring she may try to take on a coyote. She's quite the unique cat.

--hide--

My last cat Midnight was like that! She even brought me a large rabbit one day. Your sister's wise to keep Scary Pumpkin away from the coyotes. That's how I lost Midnight, she was a little to big for her britches. It was a riot watching her chase off things bigger than her though!

01/03/2013 new

www.youtube.com

There is always hope laughing laughing

01/03/2013 new

I love cats and my house is full of them -- wooden decorative ones! The live ones are outside keeping the yard free from moles, voles and mice! I used to keep them inside but they kept escaping when the children went out the door to the bus in the morning and I didn't want them dragging their kills inside, so they happily became outside cats, with access to the enclosed porch where their beds are. No more shedded fur, clawed leather couches, torn curtains or biting my feet through the bedsheet!

01/03/2013 new

If it's something you have to worry about then you're probably better off without the cat hataz. Personally I'm no big fan of cats but it isn't a big issue to me. Unless the person is allergic and it is a big issue I'd have to wonder.

01/03/2013 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: Yes, you are correct...this is similar to the thread ' How do you feel about dating a women w...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

Yes, you are correct...this is similar to the thread ' How do you feel about dating a women who has children?'
But, we're talking about

Your Thoughts...

--hide--

Dating Cats

youtu.be

01/03/2013 new

I prefer dogs since I have allergies. However, it's not a severe allergy where I develop any kinds of hives. So with good grooming of the cat and keeping the house fresh, I can live with them. Exposure to the allergin also has a way of causing an adaptation as well.

My first paid legal job required me to relocate immediately. I pulled it off by finding a roomate through the local parish after explaining my situation. The only problem was the roommate had a cat. I figured I'd survive as long as the cat stayed away from my room. Well apparently, cats have this weird way of liking people that don't want to like them or give them any attention. I tried to ignore the cat but it kept jumping on me and even with my allergy I just couldn't resist petting the cat and having it purr. So I actually grew to really like that cat and even let it in my room at times. I just took some allergy pills when necessary and as long as there was enough fresh air, I didn't have any major problems.

That job proved to be anything but promising and I am back in the Los Angeles area for my current job, but I loved living in the San Diego area and learned I can handle living with a cat as a pet.

01/03/2013 new

First to the crux of the question, if a man judges a person by the animal they have they arent worth the effort.

Second any creature that comes and goes at will, never comes when called, food excepted, does exactly as it pleases when and where it pleases, the way IT wants to do, and still manages to be loved and fed and housed is my kind of animal and deserves to be ruler of the world- I quote the Brain.

I always remember the Islamic myth of why and how cats were created.........

Noah complained to God the ark was being overrun by rodents and associated vermin, and the Big Cats did nothing about them because they were not a big enough meal. So God made a lioness sneeze and from the sneeze formed the cat. God ga Lion New Zealand ve the cat to Noah and told him the cat would have the virtues of the Big cat but would be small enough to hunt mice rats and other vermine and in return Man had to give them a place to live and hunt.

The Moslems also believe the cats purr is a prayer to God as the purr sounds similar to the sound of the word Allaha, and so forbid the cruelty to cats and hold them in high regard. Ever Arab house has at least one cat.

01/03/2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: First to the crux of the question, if a man judges a person by the animal they have they arent ...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

First to the crux of the question, if a man judges a person by the animal they have they arent worth the effort.

Second any creature that comes and goes at will, never comes when called, food excepted, does exactly as it pleases when and where it pleases, the way IT wants to do, and still manages to be loved and fed and housed is my kind of animal and deserves to be ruler of the world- I quote the Brain.

I always remember the Islamic myth of why and how cats were created.........

Noah complained to God the ark was being overrun by rodents and associated vermin, and the Big Cats did nothing about them because they were not a big enough meal. So God made a lioness sneeze and from the sneeze formed the cat. God ga ve the cat to Noah and told him the cat would have the virtues of the Big cat but would be small enough to hunt mice rats and other vermine and in return Man had to give them a place to live and hunt.

The Moslems also believe the cats purr is a prayer to God as the purr sounds similar to the sound of the word Allaha, and so forbid the cruelty to cats and hold them in high regard. Ever Arab house has at least one cat.

--hide--

Sorry the emoticomms went wrong

01/03/2013 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Ohh, almost forgot to say this: I am not a crazy cat woman!! I only have 1 cat!! I have ...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said:

Ohh, almost forgot to say this:

I am not a crazy cat woman!! I only have 1 cat!! I have had her since 1998.
--hide--

I hope I didn't imply that you were. Wasn't my intention.

Posts 31 - 40 of 98