Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/11/2013 new

(Quote) Stewart-821725 said: Cats are into everything, they aren't loyal, and are selfish.
(Quote) Stewart-821725 said:

Cats are into everything, they aren't loyal, and are selfish.

--hide--

My cat is incredibly loyal to me, so much so that he is a little jerkface to anyone who comes to visit, hissing and swatting at them. My father describes the monster as a "one-person cat." When I come home from an extended time away he'll be quite clingy, and when we aren't in the same room he'll meow. Thankfully that wears off after a day or two!

Oh, and cats really aren't selfish either. Anyone who's had a dead mouse placed at their doorstep or a toy waiting for them at their beside when they wake up in the morning knows that cats can be quite generous!

01/11/2013 new

Wouldnt bother me.I have two cats hellokitty hellokitty

01/11/2013 new

(Quote) Stewart-821725 said: Cats are into everything, they aren't loyal, and are selfish. I don't mind playing with...

Cats are into everything, they aren't loyal, and are selfish. I don't mind playing with them once in awhile, but I could never own a cat, because of those reasons. I don't believe animals should be roaming in the house to begin with, especially if one of the people who has allergies.

--hide--

Wow, spoken like someone who has never had a cat!

Just kidding...cats take a long time to understand and get to know...they often give a different impression than what is true. Also, cat are all very different...so that is a vast generalization. Just my thoughts:o)

01/11/2013 new

(Quote) Stewart-821725 said: ... I could never own a cat...

... I could never own a cat...

--hide--
You're quite right, Stewart. No one owns a cat. It just tolerates the humans around it.

"A dog thinks: 'Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me and take good care of me....THEY MUST BE GODS!' A cat thinks: 'Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me and take good care of me... I MUST BE A GOD!' "

"Dogs believe they are human. Cats know they are divine."

However, there is this observation: "Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them is making a poop, the other's carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?" (Jerry Seinfeld)

01/11/2013 new
I have no objection to dating a woman with a cat. In fact, that would be to my advantage as I get along well with cats, and after I made friends with the cat, I would probably have a significant advantage in winning the lady's heart. That would be my strategy-- go for the cat first. After the lady saw me holding and rocking her purring cat, she would know that I was the one for her.
01/11/2013 new
(Quote) Laura-695247 said: Yes, you are correct...this is similar to the thread ' How do you feel about dating a women who has childre...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

Yes, you are correct...this is similar to the thread ' How do you feel about dating a women who has children?'
But, we're talking about

Your Thoughts...

--hide--

Would he get along with my three? Just sayin'. A house without cat fur is really empty.
01/11/2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: I have no objection to dating a woman with a cat. In fact, that would be to my advantage as I get along...
(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: I have no objection to dating a woman with a cat. In fact, that would be to my advantage as I get along well with cats, and after I made friends with the cat, I would probably have a significant advantage in winning the lady's heart. That would be my strategy-- go for the cat first. After the lady saw me holding and rocking her purring cat, she would know that I was the one for her.
--hide--

Very wise, very wise. If my cat doesn't like a guy....it's like no way...see ya....

You guys should go practice at the animal shelter petting rooms, I'm telling ya!

01/12/2013 new

(Quote) Stewart-821725 said: Cats are into everything, they aren't loyal, and are selfish. I don't mind playing with...

Cats are into everything, they aren't loyal, and are selfish. I don't mind playing with them once in awhile, but I could never own a cat, because of those reasons. I don't believe animals should be roaming in the house to begin with, especially if one of the people who has allergies.

--hide--

I refer to my above response

I have a cat because it reminds me of the perfect woma. Loyal, loving, feminine, erotic, maternal and will fight against all odds to keep whats hers.

Which would tend to repudiate your arguement as to cats make up. As to allergies do what I do take medication thats what its for!!

01/12/2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: (Quote) Stewart-821725 said: ... I could never own a cat... You...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Quote:
Stewart-821725 said:

... I could never own a cat...

You're quite right, Stewart. No one owns a cat. It just tolerates the humans around it.

"A dog thinks: 'Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me and take good care of me....THEY MUST BE GODS!' A cat thinks: 'Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me and take good care of me... I MUST BE A GOD!' "

"Dogs believe they are human. Cats know they are divine."

However, there is this observation: "Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them is making a poop, the other's carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?" (Jerry Seinfeld)

--hide--

Remember also dogs come when called because they see their master as Top DOG the Alpha and is scared of you. Cats come when called because they want to and love you, see you as an EQUAL

01/13/2013 new

Rasta (black cat) and Odie (Yellow/white Kitten) December 2012

"Rasta (black cat) and Odie (Yellow/white Kitten) D..."

We are a package deal.

Posts 71 - 80 of 98