Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: All of this is nice and all, but... I don't want, nor could eve...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

All of this is nice and all, but...

I don't want, nor could ever accept being wanted on the condition that I'm needed. I want and could only accept being needed on the condition that I'm wanted.

Ok... off my Carry on!

--hide--

I agree, Victor! I used to say that to a former boyfriend all the time.

A little story - not important - but the postings made me think about it...

A neighbor's cousin came to clear out her house and bring all of her things back to one of the Carolinas for her. He wanted to move her closer to him. After three days of sorting, packing and lifting, he told me that not one man on the street came over to help him. They stopped by to chat or tell him what they thought he should do with this or that, but not one muscle or hand was offered to him. Conversely, every female neighbor came by to help him with something (sorting, packing, lifting and/or moving). Of course, this was southern California, and we're a little more independent here. He said that if he had been back home at least five men would have showed up to help him - probably different ones on each day.

What's a girl to do? I often offer to help my neighbors, but not vice versa. So, I hire a handyman. Chelle

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Blossom-706453 said: I think it's important to just be yourself. After-all he's gonna find out soon enough t...
(Quote) Blossom-706453 said:

I think it's important to just be yourself. After-all he's gonna find out soon enough that you are someone who is motivated and independent thinking soon enough.

Case in point. My little sister is very handy- has built fences, a carport, a huge deck , put in sky lights and goodness know what else. She has a tool belt, hard hats, electric saws and loads of other tools. I must say that she has never had any difficulty with having boyfriends or male friends. She's a tiny thing and there are always guy friends who show up to help her out on her various projects; and she is definitely feminine.

--hide--

I guess it's just me, but why have all this, to me, this is a woman dressed up as a guy! Would you women want to see me in a dress doing house chores??!!, no!!! of course not! Then why must you do it!?? Again, maybe it's just me, but I'm wired differently, I like to be a man, and not a crossdressser. laughing laughing

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: (example: On a 12F winter day, he'd say he wanted his car washed to get the salt off but...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

(example: On a 12F winter day, he'd say he wanted his car washed to get the salt off but he was too cold to do it and didn't want to pay anyone -- so I'd don a parka, lined waterproof gloves, and carry a 5 gallon bucket of water out to wash his car with a sponge -- to show my love, to give him his desire, to protect his car from road salt, to save money, to keep the peace)

--hide--

Sorry, but you should've throwns the 5 gallon bucket of water ON HIM.... yes, in the 12F winter day! laughing

Yes, I'm serious. biggrin

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Sorry, but you should've throwns the 5 gallon bucket of water ON HIM.......
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Sorry, but you should've throwns the 5 gallon bucket of water ON HIM.... yes, in the 12F winter day!

Yes, I'm serious.

--hide--

no bueno!!!

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Sorry, but you should've throwns the 5 gallon bucket of water ON HIM.......
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Sorry, but you should've throwns the 5 gallon bucket of water ON HIM.... yes, in the 12F winter day!

Yes, I'm serious.

--hide--

If he asked today, I would really have to restrain myself from doing just that -- he is not only a self-absorbed womenizer, he likes 'em young, like children.

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-235584 said: no bueno!!!
(Quote) Patrick-235584 said:

no bueno!!!

--hide--

Patrick -- what are you saying no bueno to?

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: If he asked today, I would really have to restrain myself from doing just that -- h...

If he asked today, I would really have to restrain myself from doing just that -- he is not only a self-absorbed womenizer, he likes 'em young, like children.

--hide--

I think it would be theurapeutic! laughing Come on, it's just water... you're not assaulting him!

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Patrick -- what are you saying no bueno to?

Patrick -- what are you saying no bueno to?

--hide--

to Tara's suggestion.

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: The reliable, affordable neighborhood handyman fairy keeps skipping my house.
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

The reliable, affordable neighborhood handyman fairy keeps skipping my house.

--hide--

Omgoodness, we have the same sense of humor. wink I just flirt with older lonely guys to get what I want. It's worked my whole life.... and I wear pants. laughing

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-235584 said: to Tara's suggestion.
(Quote) Patrick-235584 said:

to Tara's suggestion.

--hide--

ok, Patrick -- what should I have done?

Posts 11 - 20 of 59