Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/03/2013 new
(Quote) Laura-896845 said: I prefer not to see men in dresses, but help with the household chores is always welcomed. :)
(Quote) Laura-896845 said: I prefer not to see men in dresses, but help with the household chores is always welcomed. :)
--hide--

How about kilts? laughing
01/03/2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-235584 said: I'm just kidding!!!!!! sheesh!!!!
(Quote) Patrick-235584 said:

I'm just kidding!!!!!! sheesh!!!!

--hide--

I wasn't being snarky -- just asking since you seem to have such strong opinions about so many things!!

01/03/2013 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: Brevity in writing is not a strength of mine. Last point. Men shou...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

Brevity in writing is not a strength of mine.

Last point. Men should be insulted if they feel their only contribution is to provide menial labor or money to a relationship. If I'm dating someone that wants some help with painting a wall at her place, then great - let's do that. And she can help me the following week at my place with planting some shrubs in the yard.

I agree. But I hear complaints about those aspects from men and really want to better understand where they are coming from and what causes that feeling of not being needed/wanted so I can avoid it if I can. I am hoping this thread will help men see that sometimes their first impressions of not being needed/wanted are not necessarily correct and help everybody figure out how to better communicate about stuff like this.

--hide--

You should sign up for twitter. It's really helped me to be succint in my thoughts!

01/03/2013 new

(Quote) Steve-650539 said: What Victor said. I find it interesting that some women are looking to f...
(Quote) Steve-650539 said:

What Victor said.

I find it interesting that some women are looking to fit a man into their lives by finding the appropriate chore for him to do.

Show me I am important/needed/wanted/insert your favorite word because you value and respect my counsel. Show me I am important/needed/wanted/insert your favorite word because you are jealous of my ability to have entire conversations with my brothers using only lines from “Seinfeld”. Show me I am important/needed/wanted/insert your favorite word because what I add to your life has intrinsic value.

Need your lawn landscaped or roof replaced? That is what Angie’s List is for.

--hide--

Amen! Preach it Steve! Totally agree. :)

01/03/2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: Rock on, Mary! If a man rejects a woman because she is capable of doing chores an...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

Rock on, Mary!

If a man rejects a woman because she is capable of doing chores and repairs around the house, he has his own issues and I can do well enough without him. Trust me, any man would know he is needed in my life. Aside from minor repairs, how about helping me make decisions on parenting, buying vehicles or job choices? Would you like to lead us in prayer and be a model of humility, service and gentlemanly behavior to my children? Will you get us laughing during a game of golf and keep your temper when you land in the pond? Will you be the one to drive us to church on Sunday? Please do. Then there is the fun of planning vacations, arranging outings and buying those tickets to see the MN Twins. I'd hate for you to don a dress (don't need the competition) but would appreciate it if you helped out with an occasional meal, be it take out or your mom's secret recipe. How about I cut the grass and you do the weed whipping? We could be done in no time and have time to cuddle and watch the sunset.

Just because I am able to do those things on my own (except the weed whip - still haven't figured that thing out) does not mean I wouldn't want to share the joy with someone that deserves my love and respect. I don't know a thing about cars, but I know tools and wouldn't mind handing them to you if you. And, surprise...I can shower, dress and be ready in an hour for wherever you want to go. Or would you rather watch hockey while I hem your new jeans?

This isn't the dark ages. We aren't damsels in distress. We are educated, loving, well-groomed, good smelling, able to survive women and we will always need men, for your strength, your wisdom and your humor. Plus, who else but a true love will lie when we ask if our butt looks good in these jeans?

--hide--

You betcha Kathy! Great response!

01/03/2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I wasn't being snarky -- just asking since you seem to have such strong opinion...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I wasn't being snarky -- just asking since you seem to have such strong opinions about so many things!!

--hide--

well,.. that signals my end to this thread.

01/03/2013 new

Laura,

I'm back from a break from CM and just read your post. Reading your post made me feel like I could have written it! My mom is always trying to tell me to "Belle" out of those manly chores. I'm from the south where girls are supposed to be "Southern Belles". lol I don't like to waste money on things I could do myself, and I don't have any men around to do them for me.

However, I recently hurt my back moving some furniture, and have been forced to stop doing any of the projects that I have around the house. I did find some men to move the rest of the furniture, but now it's just sort of thrown into a room driving me crazy.

If I had a man around full time (or part time), I wouldn't want them around just because they can do things for me. I would want him around because I just wanted him around! I am working on the whole "Belling out" idea, though. It can be quite fun!

01/03/2013 new

(Quote) Janie-756175 said: Laura, I'm back from a break from CM and just read your post. Reading your post made m...
(Quote) Janie-756175 said:

Laura,

I'm back from a break from CM and just read your post. Reading your post made me feel like I could have written it! My mom is always trying to tell me to "Belle" out of those manly chores. I'm from the south where girls are supposed to be "Southern Belles". lol I don't like to waste money on things I could do myself, and I don't have any men around to do them for me.

However, I recently hurt my back moving some furniture, and have been forced to stop doing any of the projects that I have around the house. I did find some men to move the rest of the furniture, but now it's just sort of thrown into a room driving me crazy.

If I had a man around full time (or part time), I wouldn't want them around just because they can do things for me. I would want him around because I just wanted him around! I am working on the whole "Belling out" idea, though. It can be quite fun!

--hide--

While I would never want to discourage you from finding a man, those round disc furniture movers are awesome. You can move huge pieces with very little effort. They have saved my back many times over! Um, er, so I can still get those fresh baked pies out of the oven...yeah, that's it!

01/04/2013 new

Tell them straightforwardly however I believe that when you make them feel important, helpful, useful they' ll already know. Men probably all want to protect, provide for the other and when a women thanks him for doing so he feels adequate and even more willing to repeat this healthy pattern. When the man is not allowed to protect and provide his engagement will be challenged. Women also do this but seem to receive that they are needed usually a bit differently for their focus is a little different for the most part about what makes for acceptance and being needed. I believe that woman put more focus on the acceptance in a relationship then being needed, though I may be way out to lunch.

01/04/2013 new

--hide--
Yeah i believe in equal (opertunities) Chores; (keep it fair) and also I Enjoyed seeing the Movie "The Stepford wives" the old classic one that is ( the one with i believe with (Kathryn Ross) that classic; Now thats the kind of woman i would like in my Life! laughing laughing laughing wink

Posts 31 - 40 of 59