Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/19/2013 new

(Quote) Tom-432657 said: Going through my experience, I've learned a smart good looking woman would not want to marry a man if ...
(Quote) Tom-432657 said: Going through my experience, I've learned a smart good looking woman would not want to marry a man if all he cares about is her looks. It's like I said looks fade as time goes by. Just as about money, if I was a wealthy man, I wouldn't want a woman that will marry me strictly for that. Even wealth fades away.
--hide--

You are a smart man Tom. smile

01/19/2013 new

(Quote) Tom-432657 said: I'd always believe the lust of a man and woman would be temporary but the love of a man and wom...
(Quote) Tom-432657 said:

I'd always believe the lust of a man and woman would be temporary but the love of a man and woman would be forever. Just as beauty and wealth fade but the inner self never does. However it's okay to be attracted to someone because of their looks as long as you want to get to know that person on the inside. Relationships never go perfect so love is caring for the person in good times and in bad.

--hide--

Why would lust be temporary? Our bodies aren't designed that way. I agree that beauty fade if one equals beauty with youth only. I can understand that it's easy to do so because that is the message we are given through media and commercials (barely twenty year old girls being models for some anti-aging skincream, for example). It's a false message though and only founded in some companies desire to make money. Beauty and lust are part of us throughout life, but goes through different phases. The beauty of a girl is different from that of a woman and the beauty of a boy is different from that of a man.

01/19/2013 new

I would so like to hear comments from more of the men on this topic.

01/19/2013 new

As simple as that explanation i understand clearly ...

01/19/2013 new

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

01/19/2013 new

(Quote) Susie-550311 said:
(Quote) Susie-550311 said:
--hide--
biggrin

01/23/2013 new
(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Why would lust be temporary? Our bodies aren't designed that way. I agree that beauty fade ...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Why would lust be temporary? Our bodies aren't designed that way. I agree that beauty fade if one equals beauty with youth only. I can understand that it's easy to do so because that is the message we are given through media and commercials (barely twenty year old girls being models for some anti-aging skincream, for example). It's a false message though and only founded in some companies desire to make money. Beauty and lust are part of us throughout life, but goes through different phases. The beauty of a girl is different from that of a woman and the beauty of a boy is different from that of a man.

--hide--

Well what I was talking about lust being temporary is like the verse in the bible (lust of the flesh and eyes) are of this temporary world. Wouldn't lust be a desire, attraction, or thoughts that are impure? I guess not all lust is bad? scratchchin Of course I never see physical attraction is sinful because that kind of attraction is natural.
01/23/2013 new
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: You are a smart man Tom.
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

You are a smart man Tom.

--hide--

Thank you Kristen! wave
01/23/2013 new

(Quote) Tom-432657 said: Well what I was talking about lust being temporary is like the verse in the bible (lust of the fle...
(Quote) Tom-432657 said:

Well what I was talking about lust being temporary is like the verse in the bible (lust of the flesh and eyes) are of this temporary world. Wouldn't lust be a desire, attraction, or thoughts that are impure? I guess not all lust is bad? Of course I never see physical attraction is sinful because that kind of attraction is natural.
--hide--

Tom, I think the key here is possession. It's good to look at a woman( or man) and feel a sexual attraction, enjoy it, feel the mystery of it, but where it becomes wrong is when you what to possess her (or him) and simply want to use that persons body for your own ends.

I've been reflecting on this lately and for me line in the sand is when my admiration start to become possession. That's where things go form a positive to a negative.

01/23/2013 new

(Quote) Justin-32820 said: Tom, I think the key here is posse...
(Quote) Justin-32820 said:

Tom, I think the key here is possession. It's good to look at a woman( or man) and feel a sexual attraction, enjoy it, feel the mystery of it, but where it becomes wrong is when you what to possess her (or him) and simply want to use that persons body for your own ends.

I've been reflecting on this lately and for me line in the sand is when my admiration start to become possession. That's where things go form a positive to a negative.

--hide--

I am trying to understand what you mean as in my estimation the first part of your statement can be thought of a lustful as well. I may be misunderstanding.

Posts 21 - 30 of 45