Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: And this is one example of where, even though we sin, we should not succumb to the thoughts of opp...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

And this is one example of where, even though we sin, we should not succumb to the thoughts of oppressive failure. DESPITE his sin, David was one of God's greatest! Of course, we must repent of our sin, and we must bear the consequence of that sin. But having sinned does not put us out of the game.

--hide--

Honestly I think that thought has been such a pillar in my faith walk. So often people say that they want to faith of David. To have the sort of faith that would allow you to stand in front of a giant with a stone and a sling and know that you will be successful. But when I look at David I see more than that. I see a man who felt things deeply, who loved the Lord deeply, who believed deeply but who was also flawed. Therefore when I look at my life and I see the many glaring flaws it become easier to hope in the fact that God's might can be successful in its work even in a broken vessel like me. When I read his Psalms and read his anguish and his humanity coupled with his deep and unflinching love for God it truly shows us the power of God when we persevere. David and his psalms have truly been a symbol of hope for me as he is a saint that I can relate to. Not that I am a saint by any measure but he shows that it possible for the flawed to aspire to sanctity.

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: And this is one example of where, even though we sin, we should not succumb to the thoughts of opp...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

And this is one example of where, even though we sin, we should not succumb to the thoughts of oppressive failure. DESPITE his sin, David was one of God's greatest! Of course, we must repent of our sin, and we must bear the consequence of that sin. But having sinned does not put us out of the game.

--hide--

So true! That's why David is known as a "man after God's own heart" in Scripture. Even though he sinned (big time!) God sees his sincere repentance and allows the promises He made to David to be fullfilled. While Saul the 1st King of Israel sins (in my opinion not so big time!) but never recognizes his sin and because of this loses the kingdom. The value of a repentant heart. God doesn't ask for sinlessness (because we are apparently incapable of that after the Original Sin), but repentance.

Feb 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Tom-432657 said: I'd always believe the lust of a man and woman would be temporary but the love of a man and woman would be fo...
(Quote) Tom-432657 said:

I'd always believe the lust of a man and woman would be temporary but the love of a man and woman would be forever. Just as beauty and wealth fade but the inner self never does. However it's okay to be attracted to someone because of their looks as long as you want to get to know that person on the inside. Relationships never go perfect so love is caring for the person in good times and in bad.

--hide--

When finding the one, you've got to find the one you like that likes you.
Feb 2nd 2013 new
Lust is like a fire that burns hot and burns out quickly. Love is more like a fire that smolders and burns for a long time.
Feb 2nd 2013 new

Love endures. Lust evaporates.

Posts 41 - 45 of 45