Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I wanted to post this here first along with our Facebook page to give you all a first look at our new dating guide. It is completely free and I would love to hear your feedback. Our Editor Robyn and Graphic artist Bob put a lot of work into this. However we look forward to constructive feedback. We will likely try and update it a couple times a year to keep it fresh and ad new information so your feedback is important.

www.catholicmatch.com

Jan 4th 2013 new

If you are not interested in this or don't have any feedback, that's cool but we constructed this based in large part on many of the questions that are discussed and debated in the forums. So we would like feedback. Surprisingly we gave away almost 1K of these the other day in printed for at the FOCUS conference is just 6 hours.

Jan 4th 2013 new

The booklet is nice and contains plenty of good advice. The only problem I have is the woman's silouette on page 2. It is not in good taste. Everything else is great - how to communicate, how to write a profile, etc.

Jan 4th 2013 new

Thanks for info. Images are tough. We did not find it all offensive but I am sure we can find something that might be better for anyone who thinks it is not the best image.

Jan 4th 2013 new

It looks good to me! I am sure alot of newbies or reluctant folks will find it helpful.

I didn't have any issue with the silohuette on page 2.

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Thanks for info. Images are tough. We did not find it all offensive but I am sure we can find som...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Thanks for info. Images are tough. We did not find it all offensive but I am sure we can find something that might be better for anyone who thinks it is not the best image.

--hide--

I agree with Bernadette The woman silhouette is a not a good image. It looks like she has no clothes on. I didn't read the rest of it but will take a look and give some feedback.

What about having a hard copy of the booklet made and mail it out to all of the CM members? scratchchin

Kathleen

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: I agree with Bernadette The woman silhouette is a not a good image. It looks like sh...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

I agree with Bernadette The woman silhouette is a not a good image. It looks like she has no clothes on. I didn't read the rest of it but will take a look and give some feedback.

What about having a hard copy of the booklet made and mail it out to all of the CM members?

Kathleen

--hide--

It would be cost prohibitive to do that.

Jan 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: I agree with Bernadette The woman silhouette is a not a good image. It looks like she has no clot...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

What about having a hard copy of the booklet made and mail it out to all of the CM members?

Kathleen

--hide--

I figure I we want a hard copy we can print at home? I would rather not receive more paper mail myself....
Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: It would be cost prohibitive to do that.
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

It would be cost prohibitive to do that.

--hide--

Ok Yes I could see that would be costly and I didnt' realize it was an easy read.

I just briefed through it and I like the font size and the advice about not waiting too long before meeting face to face.

Thanks !
Kathleen

Jan 4th 2013 new

Overall, I think the guide is well done, with good sound advice presented in a professional looking way (nice font and images). If someone was handing these out, I'd take one.

I have two minor suggestions for improvement, for what it's worth. I do agree that the female silhouette on page 2 could be altered to appear more "clothed". As for the text, I don't want to sound too nitpicky, but on page 1, I'd change "Are you curious about the people you might meet online, but are reluctant to take that first step?" to something like "Have you ever wondered about the possibility of meeting someone online, but are reluctant to take that first step?" That minor change kind of makes it sound more hopeful, and less like a science experiment.

Posts 1 - 10 of 10