Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: www.youtube.com I like this song.....and the movie......
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: www.youtube.com

I like this song.....and the movie......
--hide--

Oh, Brenda - I didn't realize you posted this one already. Me too. biggrin

Jan 10th 2013 new

Too many songs by John Michael Talbot to name (Empty Canvas, Eternal Light, and Hiding Place and the Christmas ones are up there), any Latin Gregorian chant (not exactly a song, but it's music), Shubert's "Ave Maria", sad songs, like "Railroad Lady", a few Jimmy Buffett ballads (I listened to all his stuff, once, but still like the non-immoral ones, such as, if not mistaken, "Island", "He Went to Paris", "Death of an Unpopular Poet" and his cover of "California Promises" and "Railroad Lady") and some love songs like "Lady in Red", the film, "Legend", song, "Is Your Love Strong Enough", Jim Croce's "Operator" and "Time in a Bottle", Sinatra's songs in "License to Drive" (which got me appreciating most of his music) and that one by Clapton, "You Look Beautiful Tonight"(title?). This wasn't an exclusive list. I like funny, clean songs (a few, I admit, I laughed at that were risque, but not dirty), but those don't move me.

Jan 10th 2013 new

Thousands of songs speak to me, but when you ask which one 'moves you' my automatic response is 'Everything's Gonna Be Alright' by Sweetbox.

It is an entirely random song, probably HipHop or Rap and not a chart maker, that I happened to hear at the time my husband passed away - about 16 years ago - and the lyrics were so absolutely accurate as to how I was feeling at that moment that it felt prescient. I still, years later, hear it and remember exactly how I felt then, and recall how the song helped me heal.

Jan 10th 2013 new

That's a fun question Andrew. I like music that is generally fun and light hearted and makes you want to dance and laugh. But I also like songs like Lady in Red, romantic love songs. As for music at Church I love any kind of Gregorian Chant lol but I also love songs like Open my eys by Jesse Mannebusin (I know I spelled his name wrong). Hosea, Here I am Lord, etc.

I love love love Celtic music.

And, of course there are always those that take you back to being a teen --- for me that would be Journey, REO Speedwagon, Prince, etc lol

I have to say my daughter has gotten stuck on Fun and I must admit I like their music. And, perhaps Adele's Rumor Has It. . .

Jan 10th 2013 new

Joe Bonamassa...."Sloe Gin" faint

youtu.be

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Joe Bonamassa...."Sloe Gin" youtu.be
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Joe Bonamassa...."Sloe Gin"

youtu.be

--hide--
Oops!! Don't know what I was thinking, this is my favorite rendition of this song. He performs this at the Royal Albert Hall.

youtu.be

Jan 10th 2013 new

Miles Davis...

www.youtube.com

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Do sonatas count? Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata mvt. 1 www.youtube.com.
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Do sonatas count?

Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata mvt. 1

www.youtube.com
--hide--

They totally count! Whatever stirrs the spirit!

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Cathy-564420 said: www.youtube.com or Without You!
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said:

www.youtube.com

With or Without You!

--hide--

Great song! Just listened to it earlier today actually. There is a comedy string quartet out there called Pagagnini that does a fun redition of it. Well, in that particular song there is only one member playing but it is neat to see how he does it.

www.youtube.com

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-443016 said: some nights youtu.be I like it too
(Quote) Debbie-443016 said:

some nights

youtu.be

I like it too

--hide--

The lyrics are great but what I think totally sets it off for me is the driving bass beat.

Posts 51 - 60 of 200