Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Minor League Sports

01/03/2013 new

Baseball, hockey (because there's no NHL laughing ), and soccer. Any fans of the lower levels of sports here in America?

01/03/2013 new

(Quote) Edward-926612 said: Baseball, hockey (because there's no NHL ), and soccer. Any fans of the lower levels of spor...
(Quote) Edward-926612 said:

Baseball, hockey (because there's no NHL ), and soccer. Any fans of the lower levels of sports here in America?

--hide--

Happy birthday to my fellow Ed! Happy Birthday! (Two Eds are better than one!)

I am a fan of the Washington (Pa.) Wild Things baseball team, a member of the independent Frontier League. I've followed them since their first season in 2002. Before that, I supported the Johnstown Johnnies in the same league, and was in the stands when they clinched the 2000 league championship. (The Johnnies moved to the Cincinnati area after the 2002 season and became the Florence Freedom.)

In July 2007, I undertook a "Southern West Virginia Baseball Tour", attending home games of the state's 3 minor league teams: the West Virginia Power (in Charleston), Bluefield Orioles, and Princeton Rays. (The Bluefield team -- which has since changed name and affiliation to the Blue Jays -- technically has its home stadium located in Virginia, but has a WV mailing address and competes with Princeton for the "Mercer Cup", named for Mercer County, West Virginia.) I am contemplating another tour this summer -- possibly to include the West Virginia Miners in Beckley, who belong to a summer wood bat league for college players.

I have also attended a couple of Wheeling Nailers hockey games.

01/06/2013 new

Maryland's great if you like Minor League sports. We've got the Bowie Baysox (Orioles AA), Frederick Keys (Orioles A) and the Hagerstown Suns (Nats A).

Virginia has a couple that are close enough too.

(Quote) Edward-926612 said: Baseball, hockey (because there's no NHL ), and soccer. Any fans of the lower levels of spor...
(Quote) Edward-926612 said:

Baseball, hockey (because there's no NHL ), and soccer. Any fans of the lower levels of sports here in America?

--hide--

Posts 1 - 3 of 3