Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 4th 2013 new

My DREAM Proposal is in front of Cinderella's Castle at Disney World. Or any pretty setting at disney world :)

Jan 4th 2013 new

I don't have a dream proposal- any proposal proposed during a time when we both are feeling content and connected is good enough for me. I would be okay with being proposed to while sitting on the sofa at home eating popcorn and watching the Texas Chainsaw Massacre together if it was a moment when we both felt happy and were connecting and communicating well with each other.

On the other hand, I have a couple nightmare proposals. Nightmare proposal #1: in a very public setting, in front of a bazillion other people who all have cameras. Those people who get proposed to at sporting events and on TV and end up on YouTube? No thank you, I'd prefer not to be one of them. I prefer a private moment.

Nightmare proposal #2:
I feel physically (and/or mentally and/or emotionally) rotten and you ignore this because my being unwell interferes with your very well-intentioned mastermind plan to make a "magical" proposal, leading to me being dragged all around the city and feeling increasingly more unwell when I'd rather be home in bed. What's more important? A magical proposal or looking after the well-being of the person you want to spend the rest of your life with?

Nightmare proposal #3:
"In vain I have struggled, it will not do. My feelings will not be repressed - you must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. In declaring myself thus I am fully aware that I will be going expressly against the wishes of my family, my friends and I hardly need add my own better judgement. The relative situation of our families is such that any alliance between us must be regarded as a highly reprehensible connection. Indeed as a rational man I cannot but regard it as such myself - but it cannot be helped. Almost from the earliest moments of our acquaintance I have come to feel for you a passionate admiration and regard, which despite all my struggles has overcome every rational objection and I beg you most fervently to relieve my suffering and consent to be my wife." wink

Jan 4th 2013 new

Hi Laura! I would hate to be proposed to in public, as well. I don't know where that all came from and why it's become popular. I have no interest in even 2 minutes of fame let alone 15!! An intimate, romantic setting would be my first and only choice. Chelle

Jan 4th 2013 new
I guess my culture is just different. I just want someone to ask for my hand in marriage from my father :)
Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: I don't have a dream proposal- any proposal proposed during a time when we both are feeling c...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

I don't have a dream proposal- any proposal proposed during a time when we both are feeling content and connected is good enough for me. I would be okay with being proposed to while sitting on the sofa at home eating popcorn and watching the Texas Chainsaw Massacre together if it was a moment when we both felt happy and were connecting and communicating well with each other.

On the other hand, I have a couple nightmare proposals. Nightmare proposal #1: in a very public setting, in front of a bazillion other people who all have cameras. Those people who get proposed to at sporting events and on TV and end up on YouTube? No thank you, I'd prefer not to be one of them. I prefer a private moment.

Nightmare proposal #2:
I feel physically (and/or mentally and/or emotionally) rotten and you ignore this because my being unwell interferes with your very well-intentioned mastermind plan to make a "magical" proposal, leading to me being dragged all around the city and feeling increasingly more unwell when I'd rather be home in bed. What's more important? A magical proposal or looking after the well-being of the person you want to spend the rest of your life with?

Nightmare proposal #3:
"In vain I have struggled, it will not do. My feelings will not be repressed - you must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. In declaring myself thus I am fully aware that I will be going expressly against the wishes of my family, my friends and I hardly need add my own better judgement. The relative situation of our families is such that any alliance between us must be regarded as a highly reprehensible connection. Indeed as a rational man I cannot but regard it as such myself - but it cannot be helped. Almost from the earliest moments of our acquaintance I have come to feel for you a passionate admiration and regard, which despite all my struggles has overcome every rational objection and I beg you most fervently to relieve my suffering and consent to be my wife."

--hide--

Love the Pride and Pedjudice quote. Shout out to all the Jane Austen fans out there. wave

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: Not sure if this goes here or on another thread, but I thought it would be a fun :)I'v...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

Not sure if this goes here or on another thread, but I thought it would be a fun :)

I've been all daydreamy today, and I want to know:
Ladies: have you ever daydreamed about where or how you'd like to be proposed to (or propose to him?)
Fellas: Have you ever daydreamed about where or how you'd like to propose (or, if you'd like to be proposed to?)

Of course we can't tell what will happen, and would never feel disappointed at any proposal from the one we love!! But I personally love to hike and hope my SO would too, and would love to be proposed to at a mountain top, where we can both feel on top of the world, in all sorts of ways

--hide--

After a sub-3-hour marathon finish. Or, better, halfway through a marathon run together.

Michael

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) BethAnne-168224 said: I know a girl that did get engaged in adoration after they said the rosary :)
(Quote) BethAnne-168224 said:

I know a girl that did get engaged in adoration after they said the rosary :)

--hide--
Romantic You get a Gold Star! lovestruck!

Jan 4th 2013 new
There aren't many specifics in my dream proposal. The only ones are that it is pretty private (not in front of an audience) and that it is heartfelt. Something more than just "Will you marry me?"
Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) BethAnne-168224 said: My DREAM Proposal is in front of Cinderella's Castle at Disney World. Or any pretty settin...
(Quote) BethAnne-168224 said:

My DREAM Proposal is in front of Cinderella's Castle at Disney World. Or any pretty setting at disney world :)

--hide--

That sounds AWESOME! I have seen a lot of people dislike the idea of doing wedding stuff at a Disney park, but I used to be a Disneyland Cast Member, and I gotta say: the "magic" is so under-appreciated! I approve clap

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: I don't have a dream proposal- any proposal proposed during a time when we both are feeling c...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

Nightmare proposal #2:

Nightmare proposal #3:
"In vain I have struggled, it will not do. My feelings will not be repressed - you must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. In declaring myself thus I am fully aware that I will be going expressly against the wishes of my family, my friends and I hardly need add my own better judgement. The relative situation of our families is such that any alliance between us must be regarded as a highly reprehensible connection. Indeed as a rational man I cannot but regard it as such myself - but it cannot be helped. Almost from the earliest moments of our acquaintance I have come to feel for you a passionate admiration and regard, which despite all my struggles has overcome every rational objection and I beg you most fervently to relieve my suffering and consent to be my wife."

--hide--

LOL the last one :P
In all honesty, I have no problem with big crowds/cameras/etc - it wouldn't make it any better or worse to me, I just don't have a problem with making it a big affair. I come from a very Slavic attitude and, well, we have 20 people over for Christmas you know? My last birthday party had almost 40 guests, and we invite people off the street to join us for dinner or drinks. If I got proposed to in NYC, I'd be the one walking behind a news anchor and jumping up and down pointing at my hand. So, I'm very open to crowds myself laughing but yeah, just the mountain top would (currently) be perfect for me heart maaaaaybe a friend along to take a photo - I have captured moments of proposal on camera before (I didn't expect it, it just happened) and they are some of my most beautiful photos!

Posts 11 - 20 of 58