Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Sally-894891 said: I guess my culture is just different. I just want someone to ask for my hand in marriage from my father ...
(Quote) Sally-894891 said: I guess my culture is just different. I just want someone to ask for my hand in marriage from my father :)
--hide--

No, it's sweet :) It used to be very common in America, too. I would love for someone to ask my father in private, before asking me. But my father is against that, says he doesn't want anyone to ask him since his opinion doesn't matter if it's true love.

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: After a sub-3-hour marathon finish. Or, better, halfway through a marathon run togethe...
(Quote) Michael-780154 said:

After a sub-3-hour marathon finish. Or, better, halfway through a marathon run together.

Michael

--hide--

I can see this going a variety of ways both through and after a marathon :)

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: I'm just trying to get a message from a guy!
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

I'm just trying to get a message from a guy!

--hide--

Totally!

Dream proposal? hmm...it's been a long time since I thought about this. I've thought about after Mass and Holy Communion kneeling at the altar rail and he would ask then...but I don't know if that is practical because one shouldn't be laughing or crying out loud just after mass when everyone else is trying to pray....maybe I could keep it quiet. ;-)

We could just go on a walk and say a rosary, and I'd turn around and there he is on his knee.

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Sally-894891 said: I guess my culture is just different. I just want someone to ask for my hand in marriage from my father ...
(Quote) Sally-894891 said: I guess my culture is just different. I just want someone to ask for my hand in marriage from my father :)
--hide--
\\

Thats' totally awesome!!! wink I actually want the same thing...him to ask for my father's permission, but then aske me himself.

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: Totally! Dream proposal? hmm...it's been a long time since I thought...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

Totally!

Dream proposal? hmm...it's been a long time since I thought about this. I've thought about after Mass and Holy Communion kneeling at the altar rail and he would ask then...but I don't know if that is practical because one shouldn't be laughing or crying out loud just after mass when everyone else is trying to pray....maybe I could keep it quiet. ;-)

We could just go on a walk and say a rosary, and I'd turn around and there he is on his knee.

--hide--

Maybe it's the Slav in me, but I don't think God would mind you laughing and and crying in joy in front of his altar; and I would hope other parishioners wouldn't either! But if it would detract from it for you, maybe just outside the church, if there if a good setting or- well, this is all just dreams, I don't know what your church looks like laughing going on a walk with the rosarys sounds beautiful, too heart

Jan 4th 2013 new
With respect to tradition the following plan has popped to mind.

First I'd need to get her mother's or sister's help getting the correct ring size. How does a guy have any chance of getting this info in secret? If I can get the proper sized ring give it to her father with a note, "mr X if I have earned the respect of you and your family I'd like to to pass this to your daughter, so that she can make her decition in discernment. Then at the time she feels ready either return it to me personally or via a serogate if her answer is no."

My immagination has also thought of one BAD outcome. So an alternate note might be, "I would like to ask you if I have earned your respect enough to ask for your daughter's hand. Remember my name isn't Jacob, I haven't been a shepherd for you for 7 years, and we are in the New Testiment time not the old! laughing Please pass this to your daughter with the instructions in discernment please decide if you or a serogate will return this to me."

Get's her family's approval and hers. Then Everyone gets to besurprised at some point. One last surprise for everyone is how I might respond and when after I get the ring back.
Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: Not sure if this goes here or on another thread, but I thought it would be a fun :)I'v...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

Not sure if this goes here or on another thread, but I thought it would be a fun :)

I've been all daydreamy today, and I want to know:
Ladies: have you ever daydreamed about where or how you'd like to be proposed to (or propose to him?)
Fellas: Have you ever daydreamed about where or how you'd like to propose (or, if you'd like to be proposed to?)

Of course we can't tell what will happen, and would never feel disappointed at any proposal from the one we love!! But I personally love to hike and hope my SO would too, and would love to be proposed to at a mountain top, where we can both feel on top of the world, in all sorts of ways

--hide--

I know a propose is a very special moment and most women dream about it all their lives so I would try to probe her and see just what she has been dreaming of and try to make it an close as possible. Whatever it is, I'd would have to Strong desire for it to be private (so there is no pressure for accepting), at an unexpected moment and doing something that connects of both.

I like the idea of writing a poem or a love story (of us), but I'm sure how this would come off in real life.

Jan 4th 2013 new
All due respect Mary, no matter where the proposal is made how can the couple not feel on top of the world?
Jan 4th 2013 new

I have thinking about this alot and I want it to be romantic. I don't know if I would want to get proposed to at a ball game. But also I think going out for a romantic dinner and being proposed to is a great idea :) But also want the man I marry to ask my father for my hand in marriage

Jan 4th 2013 new

never make a huge production or do it in front of others. just ask at the right time.

Posts 21 - 30 of 58