Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/04/2013 new

So the reason I said maybe not in church is precisely what David and few others have pointed out: in front of tons of people. eyepopping eyepopping boggled The walk idea is something interesting simply because of the privacy aspect.

I don't really care, honestly, as long as I like him. lovestruck!

01/04/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I can see this going a variety of ways both through and after a marathon :)
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

I can see this going a variety of ways both through and after a marathon :)

--hide--

Sleep comes easily after running long distances, but I reckon there will never be a sounder or more content sleep than after 26.2 miles and my love saying, "Yes!!" after I propose.

Gonna dream about that for a number of years, at the rate I'm going. :-) It'll give me a chance to get over a foot injury and paint my racing stripes back on (get back into racing shape after a long, hot, and slow summer here in Florida.)

Michael

01/04/2013 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: All due respect Mary, no matter where the proposal is made how can the couple not feel on top of the world...
(Quote) Clair-6292 said: All due respect Mary, no matter where the proposal is made how can the couple not feel on top of the world?
--hide--

Well that's why I say in more than one way- one of my favorite memories with my ex is when we spent 3 days climbin mountains and got to the top of one in particular- it's magnificent heart I saaaaaaid of course it would be thrilling no matter where it was, but that is just my personal preference :) I think beautiful nature, and working your way to a common goal together (to the top) would be the icing on my proposal cake, hehehe!

And yeah, I like tradition, too, but my dad has said under NO circumstances to let my future-to-be ask him for my hand, he won't even reply :/ he says it's not his decision and anything he says should influence our choice. I see his point but....I do like tradition myself sad

01/04/2013 new

(Quote) Justin-32820 said: I know a propose is a very special moment and most women dream about it all their li...
(Quote) Justin-32820 said:

I know a propose is a very special moment and most women dream about it all their lives so I would try to probe her and see just what she has been dreaming of and try to make it an close as possible. Whatever it is, I'd would have to Strong desire for it to be private (so there is no pressure for accepting), at an unexpected moment and doing something that connects of both.

I like the idea of writing a poem or a love story (of us), but I'm sure how this would come off in real life.

--hide--

Ah, yeah, good idea to probe her! I mean of course she wont be disappointed no matter how you do it, but when you love somebody, you want all their dreams to come true :) I like your idea of a poem or love story- I USED to favor the idea of being proposed to at my birthday party in front of all my friends haha, and I remember thinking "wouldnt it be nice if there were like a video going, or he sang/played me a song, or we danced to our song right before he did it~~" hmmmm heart you'll know what to do when you realize she's the one!

01/04/2013 new

My nephew just proposed to his girl on Christmas morning.

01/04/2013 new
(Quote) Dan-656122 said: Cave man like you. Cave want you. Marry cave man?
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

Cave man like you. Cave want you. Marry cave man?

--hide--

I hope you will at least pick some flowers.
01/04/2013 new
(Quote) Justin-32820 said: I know a propose is a very special moment and most women dream about it all their lives so ...
(Quote) Justin-32820 said:

I know a propose is a very special moment and most women dream about it all their lives so I would try to probe her and see just what she has been dreaming of and try to make it an close as possible. Whatever it is, I'd would have to Strong desire for it to be private (so there is no pressure for accepting), at an unexpected moment and doing something that connects of both.

I like the idea of writing a poem or a love story (of us), but I'm sure how this would come off in real life.

--hide--

You are sensitive and wise. Definitely do the poem or love story. It will be cherished for ever. A friend of mine years ago was at her favorite restaurant with her boyfriend. The table cloth was of the heavy paper variety and they were using the childrens crayons to write funny notes back and forth. He proposed on the table cloth. She framed it and gave it to him as a wedding present.

I would imagine though that you could find out from her sister or her best friend since grade school. If you probe her, she will know it's coming. And if you two are serious, she has already told her sister and or her best friend what she's dreaming of.

Hope you get to figure it out soon.
01/04/2013 new

On the Maid of the Mist boat at Niagara Falls.....at night right when it goes to the heart of the falls.

01/04/2013 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: All due respect Mary, no matter where the proposal is made how can the couple not feel on top of the world...
(Quote) Clair-6292 said: All due respect Mary, no matter where the proposal is made how can the couple not feel on top of the world?
--hide--

AWWWW shucks Clair. biggrin

01/04/2013 new

Private proposal. No big production. The gentleman down on one knee is very romantic. faint heartbeat heart lovestruck! rose knight-errant

Posts 31 - 40 of 58