Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: Not sure if this goes here or on another thread, but I thought it would be a fun :)I'v...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

Not sure if this goes here or on another thread, but I thought it would be a fun :)

I've been all daydreamy today, and I want to know:
Ladies: have you ever daydreamed about where or how you'd like to be proposed to (or propose to him?)
Fellas: Have you ever daydreamed about where or how you'd like to propose (or, if you'd like to be proposed to?)

Of course we can't tell what will happen, and would never feel disappointed at any proposal from the one we love!! But I personally love to hike and hope my SO would too, and would love to be proposed to at a mountain top, where we can both feel on top of the world, in all sorts of ways

--hide--

I don't have a dream proposal. But I have a story of an imagined/perhaps real proposal.

I went alone by scooter to a rural park that has a river to check the water levels.

Anyways, there was one guy sitting in his truck in the dirt parking lot. Hmmm.. I noted him there.

I walked to the river and to a small lookout deck. I looked at the river and then saw something hanging from the street bridge. It appeared to be a bouquet of flowers attached to fishing line.

I walk back to my scooter, glance at the guy in the truck.

So, my conclusion, the guy is waiting for his girlfriend. He is there way early to set up the flowers. They will walk across the bridge and magically he will pull up the flowers and ask her to marry him.

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Love the Pride and Pedjudice quote. Shout out to all the Jane Austen fans out there.
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Love the Pride and Pedjudice quote. Shout out to all the Jane Austen fans out there.

--hide--

Yes, and while that would be an awkward proposal, if Mr. Darcy proposed...and he looked like Colin Firth...and he was Catholic....just sayin'... wink

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-766671 said: Yes, and while that would be an awkward proposal, if Mr. Darcy proposed...and he l...
(Quote) Jessica-766671 said:

Yes, and while that would be an awkward proposal, if Mr. Darcy proposed...and he looked like Colin Firth...and he was Catholic....just sayin'...

--hide--

I think that if Colin Firth became Catholic there would be a mad dash to the prize. I am totally with you. At that point I would not care how he proposed. I would only need to hear that he was in full communion with the Church and that he wanted to marry me.

So Mr. Firth, if you happen to be considering a conversion to Catholicism and just so happen to be on CM reading this thread, I am ready and willing to become Mrs. Firth. wave lovestruck!

Jan 5th 2013 new

While I have in fact daydreamed of a "perfect" proposal... truthfully I want to be surprised, I want it to be something meaningful to me and my future fiance, and I want it to be something creative.

Jan 5th 2013 new

David, I love how down-to-earth you are!! Joan

Jan 5th 2013 new

Another great way would be if he would cook dinner and then have dinner by candle light. Then get down on one knee and propose

Jan 5th 2013 new
Call me crazy, but I've always wanted a public proposal! Something that took a lot of planning. Honestly, I dkn't really care how it happens because I know that it would be special no matter what. But I wouldn't complain if it was in a sports stadium or in some other public setting.
Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Sally-894891 said: I guess my culture is just different. I just want someone to ask for my hand in marriage from my father ...
(Quote) Sally-894891 said: I guess my culture is just different. I just want someone to ask for my hand in marriage from my father :)
--hide--

I've always imagined how much courage I would need to go up to her Father.

Jan 5th 2013 new

Thanks Laura I will have to file that all away for future use.

Good idea on talking to her best friend, sister etc. Hopefully they can keep a secret.

I always figure I would ask her father first or whomever took over that role if he wasn't around like an Uncle of Big Brother.

Jan 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: Not sure if this goes here or on another thread, but I thought it would be a fun :)I'v...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

Not sure if this goes here or on another thread, but I thought it would be a fun :)

I've been all daydreamy today, and I want to know:
Ladies: have you ever daydreamed about where or how you'd like to be proposed to (or propose to him?)
Fellas: Have you ever daydreamed about where or how you'd like to propose (or, if you'd like to be proposed to?)

Of course we can't tell what will happen, and would never feel disappointed at any proposal from the one we love!! But I personally love to hike and hope my SO would too, and would love to be proposed to at a mountain top, where we can both feel on top of the world, in all sorts of ways

--hide--

My number one choice would be in the Adoration chapel, placing our future into His care. theheart

Posts 41 - 50 of 58