Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Mike-41230 said: My nephew just proposed to his girl on Christmas morning.
(Quote) Mike-41230 said:

My nephew just proposed to his girl on Christmas morning.

--hide--

Happy birthday, Mike!

I still think a proposal in a canoe, at sunset, amidst God's paintbrush, would be the most romantic thing ever. Although, a boat would offer less risk of tipping over during the acceptance hug. eyebrow

Jan 6th 2013 new

As long as it is done with complete sincererity, it doesn't really matter where.

Jan 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: (Quote) Justin-32820 said: I know a propose is a ve...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:
Quote:
Justin-32820 said:

I know a propose is a very special moment and most women dream about it all their lives so I would try to probe her and see just what she has been dreaming of and try to make it an close as possible. Whatever it is, I'd would have to Strong desire for it to be private (so there is no pressure for accepting), at an unexpected moment and doing something that connects of both.

I like the idea of writing a poem or a love story (of us), but I'm sure how this would come off in real life.

You are sensitive and wise. Definitely do the poem or love story. It will be cherished for ever. A friend of mine years ago was at her favorite restaurant with her boyfriend. The table cloth was of the heavy paper variety and they were using the childrens crayons to write funny notes back and forth. He proposed on the table cloth. She framed it and gave it to him as a wedding present.

I would imagine though that you could find out from her sister or her best friend since grade school. If you probe her, she will know it's coming. And if you two are serious, she has already told her sister and or her best friend what she's dreaming of.

Hope you get to figure it out soon.
--hide--

Thank you Joanna and good point on asking the sister and/or best freind. I'll have to remember that if i ever get a chance to ask someone :)

Jan 6th 2013 new

Once I dreamt that my beloved asked my oldest son for my hand in marriage, and that the two of them developed a strong relationship. Not so much father/son, but he became a mentor.

Jan 7th 2013 new

Nightmare proposal #3:
"In vain I have struggled, it will not do. My feelings will not be repressed - you must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. In declaring myself thus I am fully aware that I will be going expressly against the wishes of my family, my friends and I hardly need add my own better judgement. The relative situation of our families is such that any alliance between us must be regarded as a highly reprehensible connection. Indeed as a rational man I cannot but regard it as such myself - but it cannot be helped. Almost from the earliest moments of our acquaintance I have come to feel for you a passionate admiration and regard, which despite all my struggles has overcome every rational objection and I beg you most fervently to relieve my suffering and consent to be my wife."

[/quote]

Mr. Darcy, stay away from Laura!

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said: Nightmare proposal #3: "In vain I...
(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said:

Nightmare proposal #3:
"In vain I have struggled, it will not do. My feelings will not be repressed - you must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. In declaring myself thus I am fully aware that I will be going expressly against the wishes of my family, my friends and I hardly need add my own better judgement. The relative situation of our families is such that any alliance between us must be regarded as a highly reprehensible connection. Indeed as a rational man I cannot but regard it as such myself - but it cannot be helped. Almost from the earliest moments of our acquaintance I have come to feel for you a passionate admiration and regard, which despite all my struggles has overcome every rational objection and I beg you most fervently to relieve my suffering and consent to be my wife."

[/quote]

Mr. Darcy, stay away from Laura!

--hide--

You know, he had some really good lines in there, but as a general rule you should really try to avoid insulting your beloved with your proposal. laughing
On the other hand, as someone whose primary love language is Acts of Service, Mr. Darcy tracking down the scoundrel who made off with my younger sister and arranging things so as to minimize the negative effects on my family... swoooooon. faint That certainly makes up for it. I agree with Elizabeth's reaction to his second, non-insulting proposal.

Jan 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-583970 said: Not sure if this goes here or on another thread, but I thought it would be a fun :)I've been all day...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

Not sure if this goes here or on another thread, but I thought it would be a fun :)

I've been all daydreamy today, and I want to know:
Ladies: have you ever daydreamed about where or how you'd like to be proposed to (or propose to him?)
Fellas: Have you ever daydreamed about where or how you'd like to propose (or, if you'd like to be proposed to?)

Of course we can't tell what will happen, and would never feel disappointed at any proposal from the one we love!! But I personally love to hike and hope my SO would too, and would love to be proposed to at a mountain top, where we can both feel on top of the world, in all sorts of ways

--hide--

I don't want to get ahead of myself. Baby steps. :-)

I hope your dreamboat is checking out your dream proposal.
Jan 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Laura-896845 said: I don't have a dream proposal- any proposal proposed during a time when we both are feeling content and con...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

I don't have a dream proposal- any proposal proposed during a time when we both are feeling content and connected is good enough for me.

On the other hand, I have a couple nightmare proposals. Nightmare proposal #1: in a very public setting, in front of a bazillion other people who all have cameras. Those people who get proposed to at sporting events and on TV and end up on YouTube? No thank you, I'd prefer not to be one of them. I prefer a private moment.

--hide--
A dream proposal would simply mean the right guy asking the right question at the right time (privately)...and him being capable to live the meaning of that question for the rest of his life.

By contrast, a proposal as part of some staged public event would be one of my worst nightmares. It would make me want to run for the hills.
Posts 51 - 58 of 58