Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said: I see. Why look to the atheist Bolshevik for inpsiration? Do you really think their...
(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said:

I see. Why look to the atheist Bolshevik for inpsiration? Do you really think their immoral approach to creating a new government - through murder, deception, coercion, war, starvation, forcible relocations, torture, destruction of churches, intense propaganda campaigns, mass theft, arson, etc - could be made to work for good? It can't. If you do read up on the October revolution, I hope that you will come to understand that armed revolt is the last thing that the U.S. needs and would solve absolutely nothing, creating instead more problems.

--hide--

Why put words in my mouth? I never said the Bolshevik revolution inspired me.

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: John, you don't want to emulate what you dislike about another. Its not the rig...
(Quote) Andrea-368827 said:

John, you don't want to emulate what you dislike about another. Its not the right road. Denying that children died in Conneticut is evil.

I volunteered 15 years in a life-affirming pregnancy center - and I will not disregard a child's life because the government does so.

Trust in God.

--hide--

"John, you don't want to emulate what you dislike about another. Its not the right road."

Andrea, I don't understand what you are trying to express. I did not make a personal attack against you if that's what you are implying.

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: I'm really not getting your point. Are you saying the gun ban will be temporal? <...
(Quote) John-711000 said:

I'm really not getting your point. Are you saying the gun ban will be temporal?

--hide--

Any secular law or policy is already temporal.

I'm saying that the political events that have taken place or may take place in this country are temporal issues; any discussion of wishing one was not born because of these things stands out as coming from a person who does not have a proper perspective of a temporal issue versus an eternal one. (This is why people are reacting with incredulity to your remarks; they don't fit in with a properly-trained Catholic mind.)

In other words, if "they" pass a gun ban, so what? (Is that grounds for a wish not to be born? Is it really?)

After George Bush won re-election in 2004 there was a body found at Ground Zero in Manhattan. A young man had taken his life because John Kerry had lost the election, and he "couldn't bear to live four more years under George Bush." (A note was found.)

How tragic. How pathetic. Not only did someone take his own life, but he took his life over a presidential election. (Who could possibly take any presidential candidate this seriously?) How empty this young man's life must have been for him to do this. To hear someone on a Catholic forum opine that it may have been better not to be born than to live under President Obama, or to live with the possibility of a gun ban makes no sense at all.

As I said earlier, just pick up and move. People leave cities and state when they go into decline. They leave countries as well. Almost everyone here has ancestors who picked up and left another place because for one or more reasons, the situation had deteriorated to a point they couldn't bear. If or when it happens to you, just leave. To wish to not have been born makes no sense at all.

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said: I see. Why look to the atheist Bolshevik for inpsiration? Do you really think their...

I see. Why look to the atheist Bolshevik for inpsiration? Do you really think their immoral approach to creating a new government - through murder, deception, coercion, war, starvation, forcible relocations, torture, destruction of churches, intense propaganda campaigns, mass theft, arson, etc - could be made to work for good? It can't. If you do read up on the October revolution, I hope that you will come to understand that armed revolt is the last thing that the U.S. needs and would solve absolutely nothing, creating instead more problems.

--hide--

Not only that, Russia hit rock bottom and figured out what works and what doesn't. Christianity is on the rise in Russia.

Imagine an American president calling on citizens to have three children to stem the population decline, as Putin recently did in Russia. Imagine holding a "Gay Pride" parade in Moscow. (Forget about it; it would never be allowed.)

Jan 5th 2013 new

--hide--

Not only that, Russia hit rock bottom and figured out what works and what doesn't. Christianity is on the rise in Russia.

Imagine an American president calling on citizens to have three children to stem the population decline, as Putin recently did in Russia. Imagine holding a "Gay Pride" parade in Moscow. (Forget about it; it would never be allowed.)

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: "John, you don't want to emulate what you dislike about another. Its not the right road.&...
(Quote) John-711000 said:

"John, you don't want to emulate what you dislike about another. Its not the right road."

Andrea, I don't understand what you are trying to express. I did not make a personal attack against you if that's what you are implying.

--hide--

No, I'm not personally attacked John.

Its just in the Gun Control forum - you expressed that you heard this Connecticut shooting may have been staged by Homeland Security perhaps with actors with the intention of gun control. Suggesting that children were not actually killed is wrong. That's the arguement abortion providers use - that children were not actually killed.

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: No, I'm not personally attacked John. Its just in the Gun Control forum ...

Its just in the Gun Control forum - you expressed that you heard this Connecticut shooting may have been staged by Homeland Security perhaps with actors with the intention of gun control. Suggesting that children were not actually killed is wrong. That's the arguement abortion providers use - that children were not actually killed.

--hide--

I think you made a valid point when you said.."My thought is - they listen to too much political talk radio." While I listen to internet talk radio I am aware that not everything is true. So, as a rule, it's best to take everything with a "grain of salt" and I think that rule applies to everyone. There are countless Bible references that warn about deceit. The Bible is the word of God and God reminds us to always be watchful.

crisisactors.org

www.youtube.com

Jan 7th 2013 new

‘In the Third Reich…No One Saw That Coming Until It Was Too Late’ — Who Issued This Warning About Gun Control in U.S.?

"The former U.S. Marine who penned a blistering letter to Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) in response to her strict gun control proposals is continuing to speak out in defense of the Second Amendment. Appearing on “Fox and Friends” Monday, Joshua Boston warned that history repeats itself, saying in the “Third Reich” no one “saw [gun control] coming until it was too late.”

www.theblaze.com

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: (Quote) Bernadette-605528 said: I see. Why look to the atheist ...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

Quote:
Bernadette-605528 said:

--hide--

William, I never said the Bolsheviks were my inspiration, why are you quoting her ? Also, you took my words out of context in regards to the post in quesion. You need to calm yourself. I'll answer whatever you want. Jumping to conclusions doesn't help any of us.

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: No, I'm not personally attacked John. Its just in the Gun Control forum ...

--hide--

"That's the arguement abortion providers use - that children were not actually killed."

This is why I refrain from too much politics, there seems to be nothing more than lies and the spinning of lies. I prefer to keep it simple. I think that we both will have to agree at some point that we grew up in different areas of the country and had different experiences.

I grew up around a lot of organized crime. A lot of people think it all ended when John Gotti went to jail. But that's not true. Organized Crime took a legal cover. Planned Parenthood is an organized crime ring. And all organized crime rings work together.

They use phychological techniques to protect other rings since they all have a common interest to protect their rackets. It seems like you might have feel victim to their ploy. You said to me in a previous post to "Trust God" yet you trusted (the media) man.

Read the countless Biblical warnings about deceit and recognize them in a individual way. Then project them as a collective group of people with a common (criminal) interest and who are organized and see where it leads you.

Posts 21 - 30 of 33