Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Hide or Seek?

Jan 4th 2013 new
After a contact with a guy whether chatting or phone call... when both of you express interest in each other,highfive heartbeat what is next? scratchchin Do you hide shhh muted and remain with no contact until the guy contact back? Or you make the move Dove PacMan and send him a brief message or emotigram gangster ? biggrin
Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: After a contact with a guy whether chatting or phone call... when both of you express interest in each...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: After a contact with a guy whether chatting or phone call... when both of you express interest in each other, what is next? Do you hide and remain with no contact until the guy contact back? Or you make the move and send him a brief message or emotigram ?
--hide--

Good question. I honestly have no clue as the rules on here might be different and I have only been on here for a week. Thanks for asking just so that I know. Congrats though on finding someone. biggrin

Jan 4th 2013 new

I have no problems being the first to make contact again, but if it gets to a point where I'm always the one initiating contact, I'll begin to think they just aren't as interested in me as they initially seemed. Likewise, if I lose interest, I probably won't be going out of my way to initiate or sustain contact. It's a tough game to call/play, because you never know if they simply aren't interested or are just very busy.

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: After a contact with a guy whether chatting or phone call... when both of you express interest in each...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: After a contact with a guy whether chatting or phone call... when both of you express interest in each other, what is next? Do you hide and remain with no contact until the guy contact back? Or you make the move and send him a brief message or emotigram ?
--hide--

I wouldn't think it should matter who makes contact first since your both intersted in a relationship together heart .You should both be contacting each other as time goes by as you'll look forward lovestruck! to sharing and getting to know each other.

Jan 4th 2013 new

--hide--

Hi Therese! I remember back 100 years ago when I was a teenager and dating; we were always "waiting" by the phone for him to call after a date. Does anyone remember the three day rule and how exciting it was if he called the next day instead?!?! Anyway, I don't think it would be wrong to send an email or text thanking him for a nice time...after that, I'd let him make the next move. If he's not that into you, there is no point in pursuing him. I think it just confuses things. Once the relationship is established, I don't think it really matters which party calls the other. Chelle

Jan 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said: Hi Therese! I remember back 100 years ago when I was a teenager and dating; we were always "...
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said:

Hi Therese! I remember back 100 years ago when I was a teenager and dating; we were always "waiting" by the phone for him to call after a date. Does anyone remember the three day rule and how exciting it was if he called the next day instead?!?! Anyway, I don't think it would be wrong to send an email or text thanking him for a nice time...after that, I'd let him make the next move. If he's not that into you, there is no point in pursuing him. I think it just confuses things.

--hide--

I remember but shhh Chell don't tell them how old we are wink laughing laughing

Once the relationship is established, I don't think it really matters which party calls the other. Chelle

Later on i agree i am just talking about the first beginning
Jan 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Alex-928670 said: I have no problems being the first to make contact again, but if it gets to a point where I'm always the one...
(Quote) Alex-928670 said:

I have no problems being the first to make contact again, but if it gets to a point where I'm always the one initiating contact, I'll begin to think they just aren't as interested in me as they initially seemed. Likewise, if I lose interest, I probably won't be going out of my way to initiate or sustain contact. It's a tough game to call/play, because you never know if they simply aren't interested or are just very busy.

--hide--

We feel sometimes we are lost between what we learned to do or what we believe it is ok to do it. When in my opinion if we both expressed interest in each other I don't mind to go out of my way and initiate contact, it still feels better for me when he does it first. Maybe it is the reflection of what we have learned since our tender age.
Jan 4th 2013 new
If i want to think from a guy perspective!

We are on a dating site where a lot of choices and a lot of good ladies who are serious about a relationship. Which means sometimes confusion for a guy. scratchchin

Since no person is perfect guys may feel they need time to figure out which one is the best to fit in their life. It is like going to a party where a lot of females attract a guy. He would be talking to everyone showing his interest to come to the point to pick the right one for him. ( i am talking about a serious guy not a player wink ) the same imply for the female...

Guys did i miss any poimt? smile
Jan 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Good question. I honestly have no clue as the rules on here might be different and I have only ...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Good question. I honestly have no clue as the rules on here might be different and I have only been on here for a week. Thanks for asking just so that I know. Congrats though on finding someone.

--hide--

smile I am talking in general, about the first beginning about when a female may feel this is might be the guy i am looking for and he thinks this is might be the girl i am looking for. But then comes the points i addressed above.
Jan 4th 2013 new

--hide--

Herein lays the quandry with electronic communications, it is rapid fire and quite impersonal. So, it negates the anticipation and importance of the second contact or call-back. I, too, remember the good old days of the second phone call. Although, younger than Therses and Chelle, but not by much. biggrin laughing laughing laughing

Posts 1 - 10 of 10