Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Jan 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Are the Maronites not permitted to celebrate the liturgy in the traditional manner? In the N...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:



Are the Maronites not permitted to celebrate the liturgy in the traditional manner? In the Novus Ordo, versus populum, use of the vernacular, etc. are optional (even if almost universally adopted).



--hide--


Most Maronite liturgies are celebrated versus populum, and the liturgical architecture is generally like those of most Novus Ordo churches.
Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Most Maronite liturgies are celebrated versus populum, and the liturgical architecture is general...
(Quote) John-220051 said:

Most Maronite liturgies are celebrated versus populum, and the liturgical architecture is generally like those of most Novus Ordo churches.
--hide--

Since you say most are, I infer they have the option not to. Have you seen any indication why the change was adopted so widely if not required?

Jan 4th 2013 new

About Maronites الموارنة

"The Maronite Church of Antioch and the rest of the East" is known as one of the 22 rites of the Catholic Church. Its language and liturgy is Aramaic (West Syriac accent) and it is lead by the Patriarch. The current Patriarch is Mor Bchara Peter Rai who was elected on March 15 2011 as a successor to Mor Nasralla Peter Sfeir who, at 92 years old and with humbleness and piety, resigned as a Patriarch, and entered his cell for prayer after serving 25 years as a Patriarch.

Maronite Youtube Channel www.youtube.com

Jan 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Since you say most are, I infer they have the option not to. Have you seen any indication why t...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:



Since you say most are, I infer they have the option not to. Have you seen any indication why the change was adopted so widely if not required?



--hide--


This is what i could find now. forums.catholic.com where a deacon was answering questions about Latinization of the Maronite Church.
Jan 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I visited their Monastery in Massachusetts 19 years ago and even there the Priest had his back to the Tabernacl...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

I visited their Monastery in Massachusetts 19 years ago and even there the Priest had his back to the Tabernacle. The liturgy was in English.They do say the Consecration in Aramaic however.Way better than the Novus Ordo though.They give Communion by intinction only at that time.Even at the Pariash in Los Angeles they did not have Extraorinary Ministers.That was about 15 - 20 years ago too.I am no tsure what their practices are currently.

--hide--


Thank you Bernard for the input. And as you said in the Maronite liturgy the words of the Consecration are always in Aramaic regardless of the language in which the rest of liturgy is sung.

This is a Maronite Catholic Mass!

www.youtube.com
Jan 5th 2013 new
No we still don't have EME Only the priest and/or deacons give the communion on the tongue.
Jan 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: About Maronites الموارنة
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

About Maronites الموارنة



"The Maronite Church of Antioch and the rest of the East" is known as one of the 22 rites of the Catholic Church. Its language and liturgy is Aramaic (West Syriac accent) and it is lead by the Patriarch. The current Patriarch is Mor Bchara Peter Rai who was elected on March 15 2011 as a successor to Mor Nasralla Peter Sfeir who, at 92 years old and with humbleness and piety, resigned as a Patriarch, and entered his cell for prayer after serving 25 years as a Patriarch.



Maronite Youtube Channel www.youtube.com

--hide--


What you said is correct but i would like to add some more details.

His successor was not only Patriarch but he was Patriarch Cardinal Mar Nasrallah Boutros Sfeir.

Patriach Bechara Boutros el Rahi was elected Patriarch of the Maronites on 15 March 2011

As is customary for all Maronite patriarchs Rahi took the additional nameBoutros, that ofSaint Peter, who briefly held the See of Antioch before moving to Rome to become bishop there. On 7 March 2012 he was appointed a member of theCongregation for the Oriental Churches.

Bechara Boutros el-Rahi was created aCardinalby Pope Benedict XVI in aconsistoryon 24 November 2012 He is the fourth Maronite Cardinal and the 77th SyriacMaronitePatriarch of Antioch.
Jan 5th 2013 new
This is a link that provides Links for the Maronite Church www.olov.info It gives all the Maronite churches locations in USA and other helpful links. theheart
Jan 5th 2013 new
Thank you Therese for passing on this wonderful information and helping to educate us on this very important topic!
Jan 6th 2013 new

There are many really wonderful Maronites in our area. One of their priests has an active outreach to Roman Rite Catholics to educate them on the maronite tradition and inviting them to visit.

Posts 11 - 20 of 23