Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

01/07/2013 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: This is a link that provides Links for the Maronite Church www.olov.info It gives all...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: This is a link that provides Links for the Maronite Church www.olov.info It gives all the nger Maronite churches locations in USA and other helpful links.
--hide--

Therese, I remember not to long ago watching on EWTN, the Pope's visit to Lebanon and it was a beautiful Mass and celebration. I really enjoyed it and wonderful singers in the Mass. I love seeing other Masses in all the different cultures and rites of our Catholic Church. I must say Lebanon surprised me of how beautiful the Mass was. I could not help but wonder if bombs from Syria were going to be dropped on the Pope. I also did not know there were that many Catholics there.

I remember when I was younger maybe 12 or 13 I had some neibors from lebanon and they had come to the USA because it was not good over there for Catholics, I was told by them That is why there Parents emigrated to the USA. The 2 brothers I knew names were Hanni and sanni. Can't remember there last name or know if I spelt there names right. It was like the early 1970s. I knew them for about 1 year they were renting a house around the corner from my house and finally there parents found and bought a house and that was the last I herd from them. Funny I will always remember them, they were very nice and open and kind people.I will always remember them because of this. Well just thought I'd share k. Tommy

01/07/2013 new
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Therese, I remember not to long ago watching on EWTN, the Pope's visit to Lebanon and it was...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Therese, I remember not to long ago watching on EWTN, the Pope's visit to Lebanon and it was a beautiful Mass and celebration. I really enjoyed it and wonderful singers in the Mass. I love seeing other Masses in all the different cultures and rites of our Catholic Church. I must say Lebanon surprised me of how beautiful the Mass was. I could not help but wonder if bombs from Syria were going to be dropped on the Pope. I also did not know there were that many Catholics there.

I remember when I was younger maybe 12 or 13 I had some neibors from lebanon and they had come to the USA because it was not good over there for Catholics, I was told by them That is why there Parents emigrated to the USA. The 2 brothers I knew names were Hanni and sanni. Can't remember there last name or know if I spelt there names right. It was like the early 1970s. I knew them for about 1 year they were renting a house around the corner from my house and finally there parents found and bought a house and that was the last I herd from them. Funny I will always remember them, they were very nice and open and kind people.I will always remember them because of this. Well just thought I'd share k. Tommy

--hide--

Tomas thank you for sharing! And Thank you everyone who are taking time to read in my post! theheart

The Holy See vist to Lebanon was held on Sept 14-16. 2012

Thomas you said: I could not help but wonder if bombs from Syria were going to be dropped on the Pope. In fact Pope Jean Paul II visited Lebanon year 1997 It was also a critical time and the risk was always there. I was lucky and blessed that time that i was in Lebanon had the chance to see his Holiness closely while he was giving the blessing to everyone, I assisted in the two masses he celebrated during his visit. Praying

Pope Visit to Lebanon 2012: Why Now?

As it seems, the visit is of an official and religious character, fulfilling an invitation to visit the country by the Lebanese president about two years ago. What was originally planned to be a religious mission made sure to address political issues as well, as the Pope expressed his stance on the "Arab Spring", saying "its a positive thing: its the desire for more democracy, for more freedom, for more cooperation and for a renewed Arab identity." But the Pope has a lot more on his mind: the Vatican fears for the future and fate of the regions Christians amid the growing conflict and instability. The turmoil stemming from the Arab Spring has deeply unsettled the regions Christian population, which fears being in the cross-fire of rival Muslim groups, as is the case in Syria as well as Iraq.

Benedict XVI picked Lebanons St Paul Basilica in Harissa to announce and sign the Apostolic Exhortation aimed at the Christians across the Middle East. This choice was only natural given that Lebanon is the Arab country with the largest Christian population around 40 percent of its population and the only one with a Christian head of state. Beyond Lebanon, the Pontiffs visit aims to reassure Christians and other minorities in the region as well, such as Shiites, Alawites, Druzes, etc. www.policymic.com
01/07/2013 new
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Tomas thank you for sharing! And Thank you everyone who are taking time to read in my post! ...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said:

Tomas thank you for sharing! And Thank you everyone who are taking time to read in my post!

The Holy See vist to Lebanon was held on Sept 14-16. 2012

Thomas you said: I could not help but wonder if bombs from Syria were going to be dropped on the Pope. In fact Pope Jean Paul II visited Lebanon year 1997 It was also a critical time and the risk was always there. I was lucky and blessed that time that i was in Lebanon had the chance to see his Holiness closely while he was giving the blessing to everyone, I assisted in the two masses he celebrated during his visit.

Pope Visit to Lebanon 2012: Why Now?

As it seems, the visit is of an official and religious character, fulfilling an invitation to visit the country by the Lebanese president about two years ago. What was originally planned to be a religious mission made sure to address political issues as well, as the Pope expressed his stance on the "Arab Spring", saying "its a positive thing: its the desire for more democracy, for more freedom, for more cooperation and for a renewed Arab identity." But the Pope has a lot more on his mind: the Vatican fears for the future and fate of the regions Christians amid the growing conflict and instability. The turmoil stemming from the Arab Spring has deeply unsettled the regions Christian population, which fears being in the cross-fire of rival Muslim groups, as is the case in Syria as well as Iraq.

Benedict XVI picked Lebanons St Paul Basilica in Harissa to announce and sign the Apostolic Exhortation aimed at the Christians across the Middle East. This choice was only natural given that Lebanon is the Arab country with the largest Christian population around 40 percent of its population and the only one with a Christian head of state. Beyond Lebanon, the Pontiffs visit aims to reassure Christians and other minorities in the region as well, such as Shiites, Alawites, Druzes, etc. www.policymic.com
--hide--

One more thing to add about the Pope visit to Lebanon,

Pope prays for Middle East Christians in Arabic

After his recent visit to the Church in Lebanon, Pope Benedict added Arabic to the list of official languages used at his weekly general audiences, launching the effort by offering the promise of his prayers in Arabic.

The Pope prays for all the people who speak Arabic. God bless you all, he said in Arabic at the Oct. 10 general audience, which was held in St. Peters Square.

For the first time, a priest also read an Arabic summary of the Popes remarks on how the Second Vatican Council was a moment of grace in the Churchs history. Going forward, Arabic will join the 10 other official languages in which a brief explanation is delivered

www.catholicnewsagency.com
Posts 21 - 23 of 23