Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: So are you saying that you like to knitt?
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

So are you saying that you like to knitt?

--hide--

No I just randomly thought that up in my head though I could probably get into it.But its making a comeback.

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-903200 said: I like to see if she really likes to think about what she believes. Basically is this someone th...
(Quote) Joseph-903200 said:

I like to see if she really likes to think about what she believes. Basically is this someone that I will be able to share my faith with and make it a central aspect.

Other than that I really like it when they have an interest in something beyond themselves. Or just a hobby that isn't typical...knitting or something like that. Basically an interest that they could share with me and vice versa.

--hide--

Darn..Too bad you're half my age..I have a business selling knitted wear online.. laughing

Jan 4th 2013 new
I answer ALL messages, emotes and interviews.
Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-903200 said: No I just randomly thought that up in my head though I could probably get into...
(Quote) Joseph-903200 said:

No I just randomly thought that up in my head though I could probably get into it.But its making a comeback.

--hide--

There are lots of men in the yarn world... A guy calls himself The Crochet Dude has his own line of tools. I participate on a Yarn Forums called Knitting Paradise. There are some men that turn out some awesome work on there..I think their average age is aout 75 though.. laughing

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Just curious what motivates people to emote/contact possible matches on CM. What do you look fo...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Just curious what motivates people to emote/contact possible matches on CM. What do you look for? A nice picture? A specific location? Something in the profile? A person within a specific age range? What causes you to decide against contacting a person? Are there red flags that tell you to move on? Perhaps answers will help us improve our profiles!

--hide--

for Me.. i look for ALL of the above...but that also doesn't stop me from sending out a friendly Emote b/c i like something in a persons profile. just my two cents Praying

Jan 4th 2013 new

I usually review the profile going through the following method, and choose to contact or not based on what I read.

The first thing I look at when I view profile is the about me section. I like to go there because it is the quickest way to begin to understand what is important to someone.

The second item I look for is age. This is one of those sections that I think guy's interest will vary, depending on where they are in life, and what they are looking for. For me, I usually look for someone who is at least one year younger than I am, and no more than six years younger.

The third thing I check at is the profile picture. I am just being honest here.

The fourth item I look at are the seven faith questions. I prefer those who answer yes to all seven questions.

The fifth thing I check is the Liturgical Preference, although I do not think most guys do this.

The sixth item I look at is the seeking section. I have in the past spent a lot of time communicating with people, who if at the beginning, I reviewed their seeking section, I might have better understood the situation. I think it is really important to be as specific as possible in this section. It is very frustrating to spend a lot of time under the assumption you are courting someone, only to find out they are not interested, and never were, based on a unknown criteria.

I tried to be as percise as possible, but if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Jan 4th 2013 new

To actually reach out to someone, me send them something first, they have to have all that I am looking for, otherwise I feel that it's not right to reach out. For me, never married, no kids, 7/7, educated, job they are passionate about, and cute to me are the basics. That might get me to write, though I would more likely wait for him to notice and write to me.

In terms of responding, I respond to everyone. In terms of really entering into a correspondence, would have to have paragraph 1 above as well, otherwise I don't want to waste anyone's time.

Jan 5th 2013 new
I look for shared interests, and of course similarity in values and age, and geographic location helps in determining if I'll message. Most importantly though is getting noticed. Anything that makes your profile stand out. There aren't to many ways to search for specifics on this website, so anything that makes your profile either more exclusive or show up in more sections helps. I tend to look for interviews because they make women more approachable (and please think of some original questions that mean something to you). I also look for people who believe all the teachings if the church (really why else would you use a Catholic site if the Catholic faith wasn't important to you?). And one thing the will help me message a woman is the captions on her photos because they become searchable. Have a picture of you going somewhere? Put it in the caption. I can't search for your love of bowling in your summary with looking with my own eyes, but I can type it in to find it in a picture caption. The more information I have the more likely I am to contact.
Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Just curious what motivates people to emote/contact possible matches on CM. What do you look fo...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Just curious what motivates people to emote/contact possible matches on CM. What do you look for? A nice picture? A specific location? Something in the profile? A person within a specific age range? What causes you to decide against contacting a person? Are there red flags that tell you to move on? Perhaps answers will help us improve our profiles!

--hide--

IMHO, the best profiles are the ones which accurately portray who we are - be yourself in background, ideal match, pictures, importance of child(ren) in a relationship, etc... The right woman/man will find you and everything else will fall into place from there. biggrin

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Daniel-726519 said: I look for shared interests, and of course similarity in values and age, and geographic location helps ...
(Quote) Daniel-726519 said: I look for shared interests, and of course similarity in values and age, and geographic location helps in determining if I'll message. Most importantly though is getting noticed. Anything that makes your profile stand out. There aren't to many ways to search for specifics on this website, so anything that makes your profile either more exclusive or show up in more sections helps. I tend to look for interviews because they make women more approachable (and please think of some original questions that mean something to you). I also look for people who believe all the teachings if the church (really why else would you use a Catholic site if the Catholic faith wasn't important to you?). And one thing the will help me message a woman is the captions on her photos because they become searchable. Have a picture of you going somewhere? Put it in the caption. I can't search for your love of bowling in your summary with looking with my own eyes, but I can type it in to find it in a picture caption. The more information I have the more likely I am to contact.
--hide--

Hi Daniel! How do you do that? Chelle

Posts 11 - 20 of 63