Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Ed-442168 said: I never contact. I rely on telekinesis. That way if it's the one... we'll both know.
(Quote) Ed-442168 said:

I never contact. I rely on telekinesis. That way if it's the one... we'll both know.

--hide--

Well, what do you do when she also relies on telekinesis and never contacts (?)- very spiritual lol laughing laughing

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Daniel-726519 said: I look for shared interests, and of course similarity in values and age, and geographic location helps ...
(Quote) Daniel-726519 said: I look for shared interests, and of course similarity in values and age, and geographic location helps in determining if I'll message. Most importantly though is getting noticed. Anything that makes your profile stand out. There aren't to many ways to search for specifics on this website, so anything that makes your profile either more exclusive or show up in more sections helps. I tend to look for interviews because they make women more approachable (and please think of some original questions that mean something to you). I also look for people who believe all the teachings if the church (really why else would you use a Catholic site if the Catholic faith wasn't important to you?). And one thing the will help me message a woman is the captions on her photos because they become searchable. Have a picture of you going somewhere? Put it in the caption. I can't search for your love of bowling in your summary with looking with my own eyes, but I can type it in to find it in a picture caption. The more information I have the more likely I am to contact.
--hide--
Welcome to the Forum Daniel!

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: Well, what do you do when she also relies on telekinesis and never contacts (?)- very s...
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

Well, what do you do when she also relies on telekinesis and never contacts (?)- very spiritual lol

--hide--

LOL. That had me laughing for a while. laughing

Jan 5th 2013 new
Hi Chelle,

Looking at your profile, you've already put most of the information I would look for. You have your interests listed. If you were closer to my age and more practicing in your faith, my searches would have found you and I would have sent you a message.

The only thing you need now is greater visibility I would guess, so I'd recommend periodically adding new questions and photos to get you showing up on people's front pages.

Best of luck an God bless, Daniel
Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Just curious what motivates people to emote/contact possible matches on CM. What do you look fo...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Just curious what motivates people to emote/contact possible matches on CM. What do you look for? A nice picture? A specific location? Something in the profile? A person within a specific age range? What causes you to decide against contacting a person? Are there red flags that tell you to move on? Perhaps answers will help us improve our profiles!

--hide--

For me, much has to do with her pictures, and more has to do with her profile writeup and the sense I get about her by reading her posts here in the forums.

Some questions I consider:

- Does she accept the seven teachings of our faith as outlined in her profile? (Pre-marital sex, contraception, Eucharist, Papal infallibility, immaculate conception, holy orders, sanctity of life).

- How often does she attend mass? Does she faithfully try to incorporate our faith in her daily walk? What Church-related activities is she involved in?

- Will she try to help me get to Heaven? Does her profile seem to indicate a deep capacity to love another human being? Does she value a potential husband's role in leading the family, and will she help me do so in areas where I need it? As hard as a try, and as much as I want to lead, I'm not perfect.

- Is she likely to be accepting of my past (previously married, with children, though wanting more)? Is she overly hard to please? Can she pick me up, or remind me to not be so critical, when my melancholic nature takes hold? (Oh, how I Hate Being a Melancholic!!)

- Does she share my love of the outdoors and having an active lifestyle?

Red flags: flippant attitude, multiple misspelled words in her profile, poor grammar, anything in the forums that indicates viewpoints markedly different from my own on nonnegotiable things related to faith/family.

Michael

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: For me, much has to do with her pictures, and more has to do with her profile writeup ...
(Quote) Michael-780154 said:

For me, much has to do with her pictures, and more has to do with her profile writeup and the sense I get about her by reading her posts here in the forums.

Some questions I consider:

- Does she accept the seven teachings of our faith as outlined in her profile? (Pre-marital sex, contraception, Eucharist, Papal infallibility, immaculate conception, holy orders, sanctity of life).

- How often does she attend mass? Does she faithfully try to incorporate our faith in her daily walk? What Church-related activities is she involved in?

- Will she try to help me get to Heaven? Does her profile seem to indicate a deep capacity to love another human being? Does she value a potential husband's role in leading the family, and will she help me do so in areas where I need it? As hard as a try, and as much as I want to lead, I'm not perfect.

- Is she likely to be accepting of my past (previously married, with children, though wanting more)? Is she overly hard to please? Can she pick me up, or remind me to not be so critical, when my melancholic nature takes hold? (Oh, how I Hate Being a Melancholic!!)

- Does she share my love of the outdoors and having an active lifestyle?

Red flags: flippant attitude, multiple misspelled words in her profile, poor grammar, anything in the forums that indicates viewpoints markedly different from my own on nonnegotiable things related to faith/family.

Michael

--hide--

That was very well said and thought out. I guess I need to brush up on my typing skills or I will never find a match on CM. I am a notably terrible typist. embarassed

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: That was very well said and thought out. I guess I need to brush up on my typing skills ...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

That was very well said and thought out. I guess I need to brush up on my typing skills or I will never find a match on CM. I am a notably terrible typist.

--hide--

Shara, sumtimes eye am not the best, typist either. I'm not especially strict on that particular standard, but tend to look at how her profile is written overall.

And, as others have said, I strive to return ALL emotes and messages I receive. My criteria above would are for times when I am making first contact.

Blessings to you... and your typing fingers,

Michael

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: Shara, sumtimes eye am not the best, typist either. I'm not especiall...
(Quote) Michael-780154 said:

Shara, sumtimes eye am not the best, typist either. I'm not especially strict on that particular standard, but tend to look at how her profile is written overall.

And, as others have said, I strive to return ALL emotes and messages I receive. My criteria above would are for times when I am making first contact.

Blessings to you... and your typing fingers,

Michael

--hide--

Thank you kind Michael. biggrin

Jan 5th 2013 new

I tend to send mesages to guys who are able to relay their wacky sense of humor in their profiles, or live in an awesomely cool place (ie the state of Michigan). I usually avoid those whose profiles don't relay any sort of personality, or can't come up with anything beyond the "I'm shy but open up once you get to know me" line. I think most people are like that in one way or another, so why not use the space in your profile to tell us all something unique about you?

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) JoAnn-666667 said: The biggest turn off for me is bad grammar and spelling. Even if a guy seems interesting I can...
(Quote) JoAnn-666667 said:

The biggest turn off for me is bad grammar and spelling. Even if a guy seems interesting I can't get over the lack of care he's put into his profile.

When I do read through a profile I start with the About Me section and read through the entire profile. If something just hits me as "good" I'll take a look at the pictures and if I'm not grossed out (sorry but some pictures just need to be replaced) then I'll send an emotigram. What I'm looking for most is that I get a feel that a guy truly cares about his faith and wants to grow spiritually; that doesn't mean he's perfect, though, because I'm certainly not. Sometimes instead of sending an emotigram I'll take the quiz if there is one. After that I leave it in the guy's hands. If he doesn't contact me back...his loss.

--hide--

Spelling and grammar is a big deal to me too. Especially when it's so easy to run things through a spell check!

Posts 21 - 30 of 63