Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Ed-442168 said: I never contact. I rely on telekinesis. That way if it's the one... we'll both know.
(Quote) Ed-442168 said:

I never contact. I rely on telekinesis. That way if it's the one... we'll both know.

--hide--
You mean telepathy? The closest I get to that is getting vibes from people. Communication is an art form, but maybe one day we will be able to prove a scientific wave link........ scratchchin

Jan 5th 2013 new

how cute! ...your answer to ed

Jan 5th 2013 new

Grammar and Spelling set a nice tone, but I have to keep in mind that English might not be the other person's first language. It is hard to get past too many spelling errors. I need work on that.

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) JoAnn-666667 said: The biggest turn off for me is bad grammar and spelling. Even if a guy seems interesting I can...
(Quote) JoAnn-666667 said:

The biggest turn off for me is bad grammar and spelling. Even if a guy seems interesting I can't get over the lack of care he's put into his profile.

When I do read through a profile I start with the About Me section and read through the entire profile. If something just hits me as "good" I'll take a look at the pictures and if I'm not grossed out (sorry but some pictures just need to be replaced) then I'll send an emotigram. What I'm looking for most is that I get a feel that a guy truly cares about his faith and wants to grow spiritually; that doesn't mean he's perfect, though, because I'm certainly not. Sometimes instead of sending an emotigram I'll take the quiz if there is one. After that I leave it in the guy's hands. If he doesn't contact me back...his loss.

--hide--

I had a bad Grammer one time.. She never sent me any Christmas presents!! laughing laughing laughing

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: I had a bad Grammer one time.. She never sent me any Christmas presents!!
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

I had a bad Grammer one time.. She never sent me any Christmas presents!!

--hide--
You're Grammer must have gotten the word that you were on the naughty list. I hate when that happens. laughing laughing laughing

Jan 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: Grammar and Spelling set a nice tone, but I have to keep in mind that English might not be the o...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

Grammar and Spelling set a nice tone, but I have to keep in mind that English might not be the other person's first language. It is hard to get past too many spelling errors. I need work on that.

--hide--

I am not a good speller myself, so I LOVE, LOVE spell check. But, to answer the question, I have contacted with no results and I have gotten a few unsual fellas who have contacted me first. It's a toss up.

Jan 6th 2013 new
Distance, 7/7, politics, and something intangible that catches my mind...

...or at least those would have been the factors over six months ago. Now it's "has she sent me a message? No point in pursuing a woman that has no interest).
Jan 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: Grammar and Spelling set a nice tone, but I have to keep in mind that English might not be the o...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

--hide--

I just realized that I capitalized the word spelling.

Jan 6th 2013 new

I respond to all emotigrams and messages. I have decided not to iniate contact because once I sent an emotigram and just said hello and he blocked me. I felt soooo bad I decided not to do that again so now I only respond to emotigrams or messages sent to me.

Jan 6th 2013 new

I prefer to answer all messages and emotes too. I try to only reply in message if I am interested in that person OR if they offered prayers on one of my prayer requests. I ask questions in reply to any messages if I am definitely interested . I do not want to send mixed signals.

It is hard to be the one who makes first contact. I have to give credit where credit is due, it takes a lot of guts. wave

Posts 31 - 40 of 63