Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 5th 2013 new

Time to grow deeper in love with God and have Him show me who I am to Him... I know He does this at all aspects of our lives but for some reason singledom sorta lends itself to spending a great deal of quality time with God.

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: Here's mine: my single status has allowed me to help my sister & kiddos in ways I could...
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

Here's mine: my single status has allowed me to help my sister & kiddos in ways I couldn't have if married. And I've got a bag of chocolate peppermit candies in my fridge I don't have to share.

What are you grateful for?

--hide--

Having the bed to myself, at the temperature I like (I have a heated mattress pad) and going to bed when I'm ready. There were a few times my ex-bf and I slept in the same bed (yes, I know, bad us!) and he always wanted to sleep early, complained it was too warm, would throw the blanket off leaving me freezing, and jerked around a lot in his sleep to the point where he once actually punched me in the face- I never got any sleep when we did this sad definitely not worth the cuddles!

Jan 5th 2013 new

On being single...I appreciate that I have had the time to be there for my family, especially in difficult times. Also, being single allows you to get to know yourself and other people and discern what qualities would compliment yours in a spouse.

Jan 5th 2013 new

The freedom to drop everything and go anywhere whenever without any worries assuming I can get the time off of work. Along the same lines I can still be mobile and seek out the best opportunities for me careerwise anywhere and whenever without any worries. I'm pretty settled in with my job and like it but there's always the dream jobs that may be located anywhere in the country.

Jan 5th 2013 new
Being able to belt out "Louisiana Sunday Afternoon" in my best Diane Schuur voice with nobody listening! ( or being bothered;-)
Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-844048 said: Time to grow deeper in love with God and have Him show me who I am to Him... I know He does thi...
(Quote) Jessica-844048 said:

Time to grow deeper in love with God and have Him show me who I am to Him... I know He does this at all aspects of our lives but for some reason singledom sorta lends itself to spending a great deal of quality time with God.

--hide--

Like you stated. Lots of quality alone time with God when the kids are in bed and the ability to join a site like CM and meet so many wonderful people.

Jan 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: Here's mine: my single status has allowed me to help my sister & kiddos in ways I couldn't have ...

Here's mine: my single status has allowed me to help my sister & kiddos in ways I couldn't have if married. And I've got a bag of chocolate peppermit candies in my fridge I don't have to share.

--hide--

That you spilled the beans as to where to look for the candy! :very happy:
Jan 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Maricela-876143 said: Hi, Melanie. Being able to help out family is definitely a true blessing I'm most gra...
(Quote) Maricela-876143 said:

Hi, Melanie.

Being able to help out family is definitely a true blessing I'm most grateful to share as well; BUT, I swear the first thing that popped into my head is I never have to make sure the toilet seat is down! Peace, Maricela

--hide--

:until NOW~ laughing
Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: Here's mine: my single status has allowed me to help my sister & kiddos in ways I could...

--hide--
Im grateful I dont have to do more laundry. biggrin

Jan 5th 2013 new

I'm grateful I don't have to the peacekeeper between the kids and their father. I'm grateful I don't have to be obsessively careful to not do anything (sing, dance, be friendly to 'the wrong people', read, watch a tv show, listen to music 'that isn't good', sit and relax) that will be criticized and then be punished. I'm grateful that I don't have to fumigate the bathroom after the ex would use it -- terrible to say but he had a very smelly problem! I'm grateful I no longer have to make excuses for his selfcentered, antisocial behavior. I'm grateful that a cup of coffee in the morning isn't looked on as as bad as smoking cigarettes around children.

Posts 11 - 20 of 87