Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 6th 2013 new

Oh Being able to have that cup of Java in the morning; (peace & quiet) while readin the sports page; and watching my (nfl) football; maybe as loud as i want; "channel surfing" with out (her asking) what? are ya finally watching? laughing laughing go to single events when ever; and go out to eat & eat what i want when i want!! biggrin biggrin

Jan 6th 2013 new
I can leave as many night lights on downstairs without someone complaining about the electric bill... If I cannot sleep, I can go downstairs and put the coffee on at 3 am and not worry about waking someone up. I can determine my own bedtime because I am a big girl now. My dad would do the same thing saying it was time to go to bed. Mom would have us driving her all around MA and CT until 2 or 3 in the am! She was a nighthawk. Breakfast for supper is my favorite treat.
Jan 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Amy-932321 said: The single life definitely gives us more flexibility in making our decisions on how to spend our ti...
(Quote) Amy-932321 said:

The single life definitely gives us more flexibility in making our decisions on how to spend our time/money/resources....there's never any arguments.

--hide--

Well true, but I do miss (at times) the argumentation with a man, I don't mean quarrels, but good augmentations and good, fruitful talks!

Jan 6th 2013 new

sorry: argumentation

Jan 6th 2013 new

(Quote) John-874918 said: I am grateful for being able to be a caregiver for my 89 year old mother so I can keep her at home. I hav...
(Quote) John-874918 said: I am grateful for being able to be a caregiver for my 89 year old mother so I can keep her at home. I have to also say that as a single person, I do enjoy a degree of independence, although I consider myself a social person.
--hide--
John -- you are giving up a lot to spend your time as a caregiver, but it's a noble cause. No doubt your mother has done much for you, and you're doing what you can to ease her burdens. Take care of yourself as well so you can remain strong for her. I'm sure the Good Lord has many special blessings in store for you.

Jan 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: Well true, but I do miss (at times) the argumentation with a man, I don't mean quar...
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

Well true, but I do miss (at times) the argumentation with a man, I don't mean quarrels, but good augmentations and good, fruitful talks!

--hide--
Would lively discussions and/or debates be more accurate?

Jan 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Would lively discussions and/or debates be more accurate?
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Would lively discussions and/or debates be more accurate?

--hide--

Yes, thank you Ray! You know my English is a bit poor!

Jan 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: Yes, thank you Ray! You know my English is a bit poor!
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

Yes, thank you Ray! You know my English is a bit poor!

--hide--
You do just fine, Andrea. It's just that the word "argument" or derivatives of it have a nuance that can suggest hostility.

But--- we knew what you meant!!! A spirited and animated conversation.... biggrin

Jan 6th 2013 new

be grummy if I want to

Jan 6th 2013 new

I meant grumpy if I want to

Posts 41 - 50 of 87