Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Fr. Andrew Greeley is not exactly known for his orthodoxy...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Fr. Andrew Greeley is not exactly known for his orthodoxy...

--hide--

[Hi Jerry, good to see you again,]

Yes, and even when we know we are reading fiction we must watch out for bad influences. Of course the same can be said for most TV and movies nowadays.

And fiction with a guise of religion or the spiritual can make us let down our guard. Not every Catholic writer or clergyman has his act together.

Hopefully a good story is just a good story and I'm always up for a good story.

Didn't Andrew Greeley write a book on healing? Or books? I heard he left the church? My memory, like my past, is mostly behind me!

NC Jim

Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Fr. Andrew Greeley is not exactly known for his orthodoxy...

Fr. Andrew Greeley is not exactly known for his orthodoxy...

--hide--
That is why I love reading him...he thinks and writes outside the ordinary box!!!

Jan 13th 2013 new
Wow Eileen. No need to apologize. I really appreciate your story and kind words. That is what I call a miracle. John PS I have the same problem on the mobile -- it doesn't recognize my paragraphs so it looks like one big run-on.
Jan 13th 2013 new
(Quote) John-746882 said: Wow Eileen. No need to apologize. I really appreciate your story and kind words. That is what I call a miracle. Jo...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Wow Eileen. No need to apologize. I really appreciate your story and kind words. That is what I call a miracle. John PS I have the same problem on the mobile -- it doesn't recognize my paragraphs so it looks like one big run-on.
--hide--
Life is full of mysteries, isn't it John?
Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: That is why I love reading him...he thinks and writes outside the ordinary box!!!
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

That is why I love reading him...he thinks and writes outside the ordinary box!!!

--hide--

Sometimes the box serves a very useful purpose...

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Sometimes the box serves a very useful purpose...

Sometimes the box serves a very useful purpose...

--hide--

Yes, Jerry, but Andew M. Greeley wasn't always a priest but an ordinary man. I like the way he sees life and love and all that is his
heritage. I love how he brings faith and God and historical events into his character's lives and makes me aware of the climate of
which he is writing. He opens my eyes to people's struggles, lifestyles, and relationships. He makes me think and enjoy what he
sees and feels. That is truly what a great author should accomplish.

If we were all blind, what would we see?

Jan 19th 2013 new

Jim,

Thank you for all of this advice. I'm going to research the no carb diet and ketones. You're prayers also are so appreciated!

May God Bless you.

Posts 21 - 27 of 27