Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: ....they are all referring to the other part of a relationship - the emotional connection.
(Quote) Celia-821539 said:

....they are all referring to the other part of a relationship - the emotional connection.

--hide--

...and likely what is the most important part of the relationship - the real Love.

Jan 6th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: whipping dead horses. all of you - just shut up and date! you're here...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

whipping dead horses.

all of you - just shut up and date! you're here to get married, not to earn your spinster's certificate. sheesh!!

--hide--

Spinster? That is actualy so ridiculous that it is funny.

Jan 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: ...and likely what is the most important part of the relationship - the real Love.
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

...and likely what is the most important part of the relationship - the real Love.

--hide--

Very true. I think it is the most important part, too.

Jan 6th 2013 new
Lol but David, I'm the cutest spinster around! ;)
Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: Very true. I think it is the most important part, too.

Very true. I think it is the most important part, too.

--hide--

There are 4 relationships which should be established in this order...spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and physical. The statement which Tara repeated..men give love for sex, women give sex for love is quite sad. The Creator designed the sex for a committed marriage after the spiritual, intellectual, and emotional are in place.

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I would think so. Which is why I thought marriage was in the picture for my ex and I, because he a...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

I would think so. Which is why I thought marriage was in the picture for my ex and I, because he always said how I was his best friend, his future gf/wife (if there were to be any) would have to get used to me, that he had never been and could never imagine being as emotionally/spiritually/intimately close to anyone else....but he thinks I'm unattractive and specifically said he could not consider marriage unless I lost weight, and felt that none of that other stuff could make up for it..

--hide--

Someone named Bob 59786, age 27, made a similar error, although she wasn't overweght at all = 5'6", 123 lbs, size 10 dress. She, in reality, had all I needed in a wife, but I was too dumb to recognize that.

Saw an article today that those of us who botch excellent relationships - many don't recognize that until middle age which begins at age 45.

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: There are 4 relationships which should be established in this order...spiritual, intellectu...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

There are 4 relationships which should be established in this order...spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and physical. The statement which Tara repeated..men give love for sex, women give sex for love is quite sad. The Creator designed the sex for a committed marriage after the spiritual, intellectual, and emotional are in place.

--hide--

I totally agree with that order - pretty succinct way to put it. Thank you!

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: I totally agree with that order - pretty succinct way to put it. Thank you!

I totally agree with that order - pretty succinct way to put it. Thank you!

--hide--

You're welcome. To do this correctly, same strong morals and values, and God-centered should establish the spiritual relationship. Then hopefully have laser-beam eye contact for intelligent discussions - that can set the intellectual relationship. After that, oh oh, the emotional relationship can begin. If those three occur gotta start thinking about a possible Altar Date.

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I guess the answer is: it's really all in context and go as far as you're comfortable with...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

I guess the answer is: it's really all in context and go as far as you're comfortable with.

--hide--

I agree here and I'll add that it takes a lot of emotional maturity on both parties for this to work which is why it sometimes leads to problems. I have 3 very close female friends and they can be my good friends because while I love and respect them, I know they are not right for me and I'm fine with them seeing me in the same light. In my experience a lot of people can't handle the last part or enter into friendships with the hope of something more in the future.

Jan 7th 2013 new

My best friend is a male. Yes we started out dating, but we never clicked romantically. We love each, but as friends. He knows me better than anyone, and if am really stressed and feel the need to talk he is the person I turn to. In fact he got married a little over a year ago and the friendship didn't really change all that much we just don't talk as often as we used to. Should I be dating someone and he would have a problem with my friendship with Lar it would be otiose because that would mean he did not trust me. I think you can be emotionally connected with someone, but never desire sexual intimacy. Now should I ever be married again of course my husband would be my best friend, but my friendship with Lar would not stop.

Posts 21 - 30 of 69