Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Mar 26th 2013 new
Most of these comments are probably from men who have a low opinion of themselves. It helps their lack of confidence by belittling you. Brush it off your shoulder like dust. They are not worth your time. You are beautiful women deserving of the very best. I don't have much experience probably because my husband was an ordained deacon and most men think I can't remarry so why bother. They don't realize if I died before my husband he could not remarry but it is the opposite for the wife. We can remarry. Anyway I, like you have experienced some discrimination or shunning, I have experienced just being excluded from events and expressed it to the other Deacons. They have been including me in some social events. But it still boils down to being alone and that hurts. I remember my mother saying many years ago, "not all men are the same." My father was an abuser. A widow at work said some wives don't want their husbands around you because they think you will be after their husband. Crazy huh? Why would I want someone else's husband? Moving on is still hard. Praying for acceptance is another story.
Apr 16th 2013 new

I wouldn't want the inappropriate comments, but sure wouldn't mind someone if a male noticed me. Six years, no date, no flirting, no nothing. Miserable to be so alone! :(

Posts 41 - 42 of 42