Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

A 21 clap :salute for the example many of you give to us on CM. hug "The gates of hell shall not prevail against it." was Jesus' assurance that though He was leaving His Church would remain till the end of time. Mary reiterated this in her prophecies at Fatima when she announced the Catholic Faith will always be practiced here. Fatima, a town that is named after a grand daughter of Mohamed! The gates of hell shall not prevail against it, but what about destruction from within?

There must be a new crop of CMers because I see many old topics in the thread again. The one I started this thread about was "The creepy old men that look at the profiles of women half their age." Another from an over 40 lady asked do we need men? Many variarions of this thread have appeared since I first created my account in early 2000. Listening to EWTN this morning I thought I might have a reason why. I've gotten in jot water for suggesting this before. I will say it again as we near the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade. The Church Jesus started cannot continue to the end of time if there is no one to participate in the "Body of Christ" Over 50 million people are not on this earth because selfish people have looked only at what they think is their earthly need without respect to the Church's need.

The Bible is not a book of facts. It is a book of truths. Genesisdoes not tell us how the world was created. It tells us why the world was created, "God said..." there are all sorts of details missing. "Evening came and morning followed, the nth day." follows the first six days, but not the seventh. God rested on the seventh day from servile labor. Creation was not completed according to Genesis. It is still the seventh day of creation. In His Love God created man on the seventh day, so that there may be others to share the love the Father, Son, and Spirit have for Each other.

God also created us in His image. As such we were created to share in His task of creation. Man was commanded to be fruitful and subdue the earth. We are to help God create His Body. As Blessed pope John Paul II states it, create His Bride for the Marriage that wull come at the end of time.
Jan 7th 2013 new
To continue: As I read the post of people upset with men that don't look at ladies thwir own age I sensed a hostility in many of their profiles. It seems to this CMer only natural to avoid those that avoid God's first command to us. Be fruitful and multiply. I was born in the preceeding year of Roe v. Wade. The children born after seem to be understanding this command. I said many not all.

A widely held notion on Cm from the women is the men are to be the ones who initiate contact. Women are the Heart of the family and men are to be the spiritual leaders of the family. It is true that God saved man through the fiat of a woman. Mary is thought to be a young teenager when Joseph took her as his bride. Because Joseph died before Jesus he is thought to be older. Both were open to God's will because each knew Him. God gave us an earthly example of the heavenly family. The rest of the Bible teaches us how to live in this example and as said in the Our Father, "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." The example of those who do not trust in God's will in heaven is also given. The mightest creation of God rejected Him and was cast down to ever know the Love that is God and never again able to commune with such ecstasy.

There are several young ladies active on CM right now that are an example to God's command to help in His creation clap and a very reverant Bow Nancy from CA and Mary from MD are the two that I remember. Both have stated in these fora that they want children, lots and lots of children. Might men be attracted to this attitude? Might men be more inclined to seek it from the writing God has placed on each of our hearts? The devil twists truth into a distortion. We all need to be cautious of getting distorted. It seems to be held here that older men are perves for thinking about younger women because they are "HOT" or "sexy." Yes many of these young ladies are physically attractive. Maybe the spirit is alive and renewing His Church? In advent I started sending people messages with OGMBC, "One of God's Most Beautiful Creations.

The Octive of Easter is Divine Mercy Sunday. Music has an octave. The Periodic Table of Elements repeats atomic properties in an octave. Eight is the number of completion. 8 X 5 = 40. It rained 40 days and 40 nights. Israel wondered 40 years in the desert before they were ready to enter the promised land. January 22 markes the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade. An unconstitutional mandate that removed the freedom of states to protect and honor life.
Jan 7th 2013 new

hi brother clair! how is your new year going? i see you have lots of thoughts about the cm women and their unhappy thoughts. ie, when will i get married, when will i have children , and when will i find a king for my castle. princess. also the women are having fits about the older men who are just swept off their feet by conversing with a young lady instead of these older men talking sweetly to the older ladies. i just want to say to you clair,.... i have been married for 29 years and no one will ever take that from me (a marriage, 2 children and my castle). ..... so ,yes for someone that needs a first chance , or even a second chance to get married and have kids, it is well worth the chase. my thoughts are if you are a woman pushing 40, check the older men out. that is a 50-50 chance for marriage ,a family and a home. clair, thanks again for the all the messages in your poster. Helen... and jesus prayed in the garden for 40 days before He was crucified on the cross to grant us salvation.

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: A 21 :salute for the example many of you give to us on CM. "The gates of hell shall not prevail again...
(Quote) Clair-6292 said: A 21 :salute for the example many of you give to us on CM. "The gates of hell shall not prevail against it." was Jesus' assurance that though He was leaving His Church would remain till the end of time. Mary reiterated this in her prophecies at Fatima when she announced the Catholic Faith will always be practiced here. Fatima, a town that is named after a grand daughter of Mohamed! The gates of hell shall not prevail against it, but what about destruction from within?

There must be a new crop of CMers because I see many old topics in the thread again. The one I started this thread about was "The creepy old men that look at the profiles of women half their age." Another from an over 40 lady asked do we need men? Many variarions of this thread have appeared since I first created my account in early 2000. Listening to EWTN this morning I thought I might have a reason why. I've gotten in jot water for suggesting this before. I will say it again as we near the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade. The Church Jesus started cannot continue to the end of time if there is no one to participate in the "Body of Christ" Over 50 million people are not on this earth because selfish people have looked only at what they think is their earthly need without respect to the Church's need.

The Bible is not a book of facts. It is a book of truths. Genesisdoes not tell us how the world was created. It tells us why the world was created, "God said..." there are all sorts of details missing. "Evening came and morning followed, the nth day." follows the first six days, but not the seventh. God rested on the seventh day from servile labor. Creation was not completed according to Genesis. It is still the seventh day of creation. In His Love God created man on the seventh day, so that there may be others to share the love the Father, Son, and Spirit have for Each other.

God also created us in His image. As such we were created to share in His task of creation. Man was commanded to be fruitful and subdue the earth. We are to help God create His Body. As Blessed pope John Paul II states it, create His Bride for the Marriage that wull come at the end of time.
--hide--
Amen, brother

Posts 1 - 4 of 4