Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Angela-893980 said: When I was 10 I went up the hill behind our house. The neighbors dog had gotten off his chain an...
(Quote) Angela-893980 said:

When I was 10 I went up the hill behind our house. The neighbors dog had gotten off his chain and before I knew it the dog was attacking me. I was tall for my age but super skinny. The dog, a husky, out weighed me by several pounds. I managed to get my arm up and stay standing. All I remember is being stiff as a board and screaming. The dog was going for my throat and face but only managed to get my arm and chest (I thank god that I hadn't started developing yet). All of a sudden the dog let go and took off, I don't know if my screaming or something/someone sacred him off. My angel was definitely with me that day and may have even been the one to get the dog to run off. My injuries ended up being mild, I didn't have to have rabies shots, and the scars that I was told would be obvious for life have healed down to almost nothing. Eventhough the scar on my arm is shaped like a lightening bolt, so I would have been ok with that one staying a little bigger.
The police, doctors, and owners do not know how I was able to stay standing under the force of a dog that size.
The owner still feels guilty to this day (he knew his dog was being teased by school kids and that it did not like kids) and offers to buy me a drink or meal when he sees me around town. I always tell him no thanks, everything turned out fine and I got a cool scar out of it.

--hide--
Wow Angela....good one! A friend (well....thought he was) invited me into his yard to meet his "nice" bull terrier. I was 6 years old. The moment I walked through the chain-linked gate the dog jumped up and knocked me down...and bit me on the arm. "R"'s Mom had seen this and before the dog could get to my throat (he did tear up my shirt) she ran outside and JERKED that heavy dog off of me. They of course quarantined the dog...until it was determined to not be rabid. Like you Angela...I now have a "lightening bolt" looking scar on my right arm. Those folks got rid of that dog after that. And my friend? He was always getting into trouble....and was somewhat of a dare devil. At age nine he was attempting a back flip off the diving board at a neighborhood public pool. He hit the board.... snapping his neck and went straight to the bottom as his mother helplessly watched it all unfold. He was dead at the scene. His poor mother. I felt SO bad for her. One never knows....

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I had an appt at 14th & Classen in Oklahoma City for the morning of April 19, 1995. The afternoon be...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I had an appt at 14th & Classen in Oklahoma City for the morning of April 19, 1995. The afternoon before my appt Monica called canceling the appt because the Archbishop of Oklahoma had called an emergency meeting. All I can say is praise God! When the bomb went off at 9:03 am, the glass imploded and I doubt there would have been survivors.
--hide--
My word Brenda! You and I both know God had a Helping Hand in that!

Jan 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: My word Brenda! You and I both know God had a Helping Hand in that!
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

My word Brenda! You and I both know God had a Helping Hand in that!

--hide--

Yes he did!!!!
Jan 7th 2013 new

Also at age 6 or 7 I had pneumonia so bad I couldn't take my next breath. My Mom said I was turning blue! She was sitting next to the bed and my Father was standing up over us. When seeing this she immediately grabbed me up....and held me close to her chest while saying....."Blessed Mother!" Immediately my breath returned and I said..."I'm okay Mama" Course they were having none of that....and both drove me to the hospital. It was to be my first overnight stay (2 or 3 days in all) in a hospital. Lots of penicillin later I was okay. Because of my Mom's gesture....and pleas to Blessed Mother....I have always felt MOTHERS are very special people!

Jan 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Oh....my word Joanna! I have chills thinking about that one! Thank you for sharing
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Oh....my word Joanna! I have chills thinking about that one!

Thank you for sharing

--hide--

Chills? I get nauseated. Then really thankful, then nauseated again.
Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: Chills? I get nauseated. Then really thankful, then nauseated again.
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

Chills? I get nauseated. Then really thankful, then nauseated again.
--hide--
Bless your heart. I got chills also because of my acrophobia.

(that's why I only grew to 5'8! laughing)

Jan 7th 2013 new

In 2010 I was driving the bypass around Boston after dark on my way to Maine. There was a lot of night time road construction going on.. A car shot off the ramp intent on coming into my lane and traffic was very heavy.. I had a Plymouth Voyager Minivan at the time and I literally stood on the gas and gunned it.. It happened so fast.. I am convinced, had I maintained my speed, the car would've run right into the side of my van..My heart pounded out of my chest for about 50 miles I think.. wide eyed

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: In 2010 I was driving the bypass around Boston after dark on my way to Maine. There was a lot of n...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

In 2010 I was driving the bypass around Boston after dark on my way to Maine. There was a lot of night time road construction going on.. A car shot off the ramp intent on coming into my lane and traffic was very heavy.. I had a Plymouth Voyager Minivan at the time and I literally stood on the gas and gunned it.. It happened so fast.. I am convinced, had I maintained my speed, the car would've run right into the side of my van..My heart pounded out of my chest for about 50 miles I think..

--hide--
Whoa! Good thing you have a "lead" foot huh Donna! No. Really smart driving on your part Donna~

Jan 7th 2013 new
When my son was two my parents were watching him while I worked. When I got to my parents house to pick Andrew up he was gone....gone? eyepopping He had followed the dogs across the road into the woods. When I asked which direction to look of course no one had any clue. I started praying the Hail Mary over and over....thank God we found Andrew with a few scratches on lis legs and a wet behind where he went wading in the ponds, but he was fine......

I thank God for answering my prayers that day and for the additional twenty years I had with my child......
Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: When my son was two my parents were watching him while I worked. When I got to my parents house to pick ...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: When my son was two my parents were watching him while I worked. When I got to my parents house to pick Andrew up he was gone....gone? He had followed the dogs across the road into the woods. When I asked which direction to look of course no one had any clue. I started praying the Hail Mary over and over....thank God we found Andrew with a few scratches on lis legs and a wet behind where he went wading in the ponds, but he was fine......

I thank God for answering my prayers that day and for the additional twenty years I had with my child......
--hide--
Awww....plenty to thank God for dear. The Hail Mary prayer has pulled my own out of lots of jams!

Posts 11 - 20 of 177