Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

01/15/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: The instincts are strong to protect our young Kathy. Mothers are special....but Dad's are too...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

The instincts are strong to protect our young Kathy. Mothers are special....but Dad's are too. And I've always been protective of the boys. Heck....even now!

--hide--

Yes, my Dad still worries about us and tries to take care of us, even from afar.

01/15/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: The instincts are strong to protect our young Kathy. Mothers are special....but Dad's are too...

The instincts are strong to protect our young Kathy. Mothers are special....but Dad's are too. And I've always been protective of the boys. Heck....even now!

--hide--

I know that's right, Jerry. There was really nothing either one of us could do to stop what was happening. I did indeed call on God in that split second and He was there. It was very scary and no parent wants to feel that they are unable to help their children.

01/15/2013 new

(Quote) Mike-41230 said Michael Michael of the morningFresh chord of dawn adorningKeep me safe todayAnd in t...
(Quote) Mike-41230 said

Michael Michael of the morning
Fresh chord of dawn adorning
Keep me safe today
And in time of temptation
Drive the devil away.
Amen

--hide--

What a great prayer! Thank you for sharing it!

01/15/2013 new

I forgot the year this happened but I had cousins living in Jackson, Missisippi. They were there when the remnants of a large hurricane destroyed much of that town. One cousin (who had drifted somewhat from the Faith) was amazed at all the damage.....and that the entire family was spared. BUT she was even moreso.....when she saw that a wide "swath" had been cut through the community leaving only one structure entirely in place and untouched: A Catholic Church! Don't know if she has come back (to the Church) but to hear her re-tell this event I could see the amazement in her eyes!

01/15/2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I forgot the year this happened but I had cousins living in Jackson, Missisippi. They were there when the remna...

I forgot the year this happened but I had cousins living in Jackson, Missisippi. They were there when the remnants of a large hurricane destroyed much of that town. One cousin (who had drifted somewhat from the Faith) was amazed at all the damage.....and that the entire family was spared. BUT she was even moreso.....when she saw that a wide "swath" had been cut through the community leaving only one structure entirely in place and untouched: A Catholic Church! Don't know if she has come back (to the Church) but to hear her re-tell this event I could see the amazement in her eyes!

--hide--

May 3, 1999 my big brother was living in Moore, I saw the coverage of the mile wide tornado. My Dad called my brother six times before he convinced Gary to get the kids in the car and leave town. The tornado had been heading straight for their home. When it crossed I35 it veered, it missed my brothers house by mere blocks.

Gary volunteered to help with the cleanup, he said it was amazing some of the things he saw. Whole houses gone with one window sill intact with a glass figurine of Mary untouched. From what I understand he saw several things like that while helping clear debree....
01/15/2013 new
Then there was last April, I had planned a weekend in Norman. After an email Easter morning I canceled my plans and stayed home. The tornado that went through Norman would have affected my plans....thankfully I was safe at home instead.....
01/15/2013 new
In April 2009 a tornado came through and took two of three porch posts away on the front porch leaving a third dangling. I was in my bedroom at the time on the same side of the house where it hit at the time. Thank God it didn't take the house because there was no time to react. We were under a severe weather warning but not tornado warning at the time.....
01/15/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Oh...forgot this:

Oh...forgot this:

--hide--

I was working the 3-11:30 shift and it was a 30 minute ride home. I do remember getting into my car
and heading home through the first three stop lights but after that....nothing until I was at a red light
in the North End of town (gangs and not where you want to be unexpectedly when opening your eyes).
I couldn't believe where I was and what woke me up was the car beside me beeping to get my attention,
a car-full of cruisers!

I don't know who was watching out for me that night but my foot was on the gas and I was zooming the
rest of the way home!!!! I do believe I have a guardian angel that I loan to my kids sometimes but I do
also believe I have spirits that nudge me when I least expect it. I lost a great friend at work, Mary Fitz,
now over 20 years ago and I think of her often but she is my goto spirit for special intentions.

01/15/2013 new

When I lived about a half an hour out of town I was driving home one rainy night. It was late and I was very tired. I had fallen asleep just before coming to this long sweeping turn to the right. Something just then woke me up. It may have been my tires hitting the gravel on the side of the road, I'm not sure. But I cranked the steering wheel which sent my truck into a spin a couple of times. Thank God the highway was wet. I was heading backwards into the ditch, but I was going straight backwards then so I hit the brakes hard and slowly rolled into the ditch. I got out, turned my hubs in, as it was a four wheel drive and drove the rest of the way home, wide awake.

Your welcome Jessica.

01/15/2013 new

Someone very close to me was driving drunk when his truck started spinning out of control. He knew he was going to crash and at the speed he was going he would probably die. He laid down on the seat and prayed. He said it was if someone took the steering wheel and applied the brakes as he came to a complete and safe stop just along assure the road. That was the last time he drank, nearly 45 years ago.

Posts 161 - 170 of 177